Client Preview

Solitude

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 22, 2003
South Wales
Great achievement, and looks sexy. Shinoda,yes you may be right - what's the point of keeping mir the same? There may be none, but you've missed the point. The point is that with this project, if we need to develop mir further then we have the platform to work off and do things properly - rather than hacking and editing bits into the current files.

Good work guys,
--Solitude--

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
Solitude said:
Great achievement, and looks sexy. Shinoda,yes you may be right - what's the point of keeping mir the same? There may be none, but you've missed the point. The point is that with this project, if we need to develop mir further then we have the platform to work off and do things properly - rather than hacking and editing bits into the current files.

Good work guys,
--Solitude--

Wasn't the point of this project to help YKW understand c++ and develope his skill's not to make a whole new game..

Solitude

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 22, 2003
South Wales
Maybe from his point of view, I was merely explaining to shinoda that this is a good thing. Also, improvements to mir wouldn't create a new game, it would just improve it and give us a good base off which to work.

--Solitude--

Schimmy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Wow client looks amazing, good work. I was thinking the same about TDB and would have been very sad if it was left out but i see its in there and sounds amazing. Not that you probably care what i think but i suggest keeping server for yourself to make one big server or give away to a friend (as u said there was no intent on running a server) to run. About the classes, I don't know about where you live but i live in the U.S. and am currently taking a Programming [using the C++ language (ur much better than me)] and it can be used for many things so if u get a chance, take it. Nice Work again and gl with the rest.

P.S. is YKW Lord Voldermort?

BlueJeans

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2004
very nice shizzle there 2 questions

1. what is the song u used called ?

2. what program did u use to make the vid =)

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
BlueJeans said:
very nice shizzle there 2 questions

1. what is the song u used called ?

2. what program did u use to make the vid =)
Chris Brown feat. Juelz Santana - Run It (Remix).

Try searching the thread next time =p

/Miles

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
UniTY said:
FRAPS for video.. Used alot for making ingame movies on other games.
my fraps videos r always like 100mb big for 15secs of tap it sucks :P have lowest fps rate and that aswell :/

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
quick question what is up with icestorm, i aint played mir for a while but is icestorm ment to follow a mob for stay on the spot?

YouKnowWho

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 12, 2003
Azura said:
quick question what is up with icestorm, i aint played mir for a while but is icestorm ment to follow a mob for stay on the spot?

No idea, i aint played mir in a while either.

I made it follow, prehaps it should to one spot, someone please tell me.

Follower

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 2, 2005
Australia
YouKnowWho said:
No idea, i aint played mir in a while either.

I made it follow, prehaps it should to one spot, someone please tell me.

ice storm hits where-ever your cursor is, there is no "auto-lockon" for this spell.

hope this helps.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
Ya sorry I didnt want to say that it is or isnt right cuz i wasnt 100% sure...

YouKnowWho

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 12, 2003
Follower said:
ice storm hits where-ever your cursor is, there is no "auto-lockon" for this spell.

hope this helps.

Thanks.

I know fireball, and similar spells follow mobs, but what about other magics, like t-bolt?

Damian

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
It hits the spot where the cursor is only. It doesn't follow the mob as you move the cursor, tbolt same as IceStorm. so is thunderstorm

EvilGoku

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 28, 2005
Brighton
on euromir when you hit a mob with tbolt and move cursor u still can hit the same mob like if i set it to f3 and hit it first run of press f3 it would hit it.... it aint like ice storm

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
Icestorm does lock on mobs and ppl but it dont follow them as they move