=<DarkRealm 2.3 (High Rate Server)>=

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Reavous

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2009
what donations lol...why do people think loads of people donate..THEY DONT lol..

Yeah they really do. unless you're willing to "subscribe" don't bother.

ty another person who agrees. i hear u gain 50% more exp if subscribed + 1000 game gold per month which u can buy x5 exp scrolls with. tht to me is alot of advatage over a non subscriber especially since after lvl 60 exp rate goes way down i was makin less than 00.1 % exp per mob in a lvlin area for my level and the place i was at was supposed to take me to lvl 90 0-o. dont get me wrong i like the server u just come to a halt if ur not donating. i dont think donating is wrong i understand u need a dedi host to keep server running but just a suggestion u could jus try to make it alittle easier on non subscribers not everybody has the money to pay or are just not comfortable payin for sumthing illegal or tht could dissapear ;)

ps. dont take it personal paul jus my opinion and good luck with the server

Last edited:

Reavous

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2009
outta interest, are the x5 scrolls in drop files?

im not to sure m8 maybe but even if they are it still unfair since subs get 50% more exp as it is x tht by five big increase

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
im not to sure m8 maybe but even if they are it still unfair since subs get 50% more exp as it is x tht by five big increase
i think if u can donate for x5 exp pots but they are also in drop files then its not too bad

but i gotta admit, get x5 exp 24/7.... wow tahts over the top lol, how long do x5 last for?

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
i think if u can donate for x5 exp pots but they are also in drop files then its not too bad

but i gotta admit, get x5 exp 24/7.... wow tahts over the top lol, how long do x5 last for?

30 mins...........

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
ty another person who agrees. i hear u gain 50% more exp if subscribed + 1000 game gold per month which u can buy x5 exp scrolls with. tht to me is alot of advatage over a non subscriber especially since after lvl 60 exp rate goes way down i was makin less than 00.1 % exp per mob in a lvlin area for my level and the place i was at was supposed to take me to lvl 90 0-o. dont get me wrong i like the server u just come to a halt if ur not donating. i dont think donating is wrong i understand u need a dedi host to keep server running but just a suggestion u could jus try to make it alittle easier on non subscribers not everybody has the money to pay or are just not comfortable payin for sumthing illegal or tht could dissapear ;)

ps. dont take it personal paul jus my opinion and good luck with the server
Exactly why I stopped playing.

I would grind, grind and grind, and get about 20% a day. But then the subscribers and donators would whizz past me.

I'd go in the levelling room with a x2 pot, and get about 5 levels, the subs/donators would go i nwith x4 pot, 1.5x exp, and a exp neck (x3 exp) and when the servers o ndouble EXP... thats alot of exp so they would do about 30 levels in an hour lol.

Leng

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2009
Exactly why I stopped playing.

I would grind, grind and grind, and get about 20% a day. But then the subscribers and donators would whizz past me.

I'd go in the levelling room with a x2 pot, and get about 5 levels, the subs/donators would go i nwith x4 pot, 1.5x exp, and a exp neck (x3 exp) and when the servers o ndouble EXP... thats alot of exp so they would do about 30 levels in an hour lol.

Yea it was getting out of control tbh.

I think Paul has nipped most of it in the bud now though. There is no loaning out of exp necklaces anymore and they don't work with some of the exp potions, I think there is only a few people who own a necklace now.

Subscribers only get a 0.5 increase in exp, which does help, but does not give you a massive advantage.

Many of the new players don't seem to realise that there is levelling cave that most of us use to get to the high levels fast. This is totally free and players gain entry by collecting exp tokens that drop all over the map, but more in noob hunting areas.

There is very little donating on the server, but because many of the players have nice kit, people assume that it is all donated for lol.

Some of the highest level, best kitted players on the server have not donated a penny, and got all the kit from bosses, events or quests. Suppose you just need to know where to look and get in a guild that does the boss hunts regular.

Cbay you should pop on and have another look in m8, I know and agree that things went a bit dodgy for a spell, but honestly, Paul has turned things around and it's very good. New players starting daily and average count of 70 - 100 people playing most of the time.

Also been some amazing cave changes and additions made with loads of new noob quests and noob armours etc.......

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Yea it was getting out of control tbh.

I think Paul has nipped most of it in the bud now though. There is no loaning out of exp necklaces anymore and they don't work with some of the exp potions, I think there is only a few people who own a necklace now.

Subscribers only get a 0.5 increase in exp, which does help, but does not give you a massive advantage.

Many of the new players don't seem to realise that there is levelling cave that most of us use to get to the high levels fast. This is totally free and players gain entry by collecting exp tokens that drop all over the map, but more in noob hunting areas.

There is very little donating on the server, but because many of the players have nice kit, people assume that it is all donated for lol.

Some of the highest level, best kitted players on the server have not donated a penny, and got all the kit from bosses, events or quests. Suppose you just need to know where to look and get in a guild that does the boss hunts regular.

Cbay you should pop on and have another look in m8, I know and agree that things went a bit dodgy for a spell, but honestly, Paul has turned things around and it's very good. New players starting daily and average count of 70 - 100 people playing most of the time.

Also been some amazing cave changes and additions made with loads of new noob quests and noob armours etc.......
Not into mir anymore mate, unless an amazing server comes out and brings me back (Or get bored of WoW).

Glad its turning around, was a great server befpre the donations messed it up.

Leng

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2009
Not into mir anymore mate, unless an amazing server comes out and brings me back (Or get bored of WoW).

Glad its turning around, was a great server befpre the donations messed it up.

Well if you ever change your mind I got a good kit in store you can have, still got 4 spare kits from Easter event :)

troop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 28, 2003
Cant believe you used some1 elses server name and was told about it b4 u opened server almost a year ago!

I was the creator of the original darkrealm which i was at the time u was advertising this server making the 2.3 version which again u new about! Yet u still went ahead and used the name of my server which stopped the comeback of the original!!!!

And tbh i have tried to play this server and imo its a crock of ****.
You have given darkrealm a bad name!

Leng

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2009
Cant believe you used some1 elses server name and was told about it b4 u opened server almost a year ago!

I was the creator of the original darkrealm which i was at the time u was advertising this server making the 2.3 version which again u new about! Yet u still went ahead and used the name of my server which stopped the comeback of the original!!!!

Why what happened to the original one that you had? :brows:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

ite fella, a fair few of us tryd to stop him using this server name, but hes a stubbon noob. you should bring DR back dude. amd get admins to remove this server as its using a server name which is already in use.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

Can you prove you had a server called DarkRealm?

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
I remember helping Troop (Liam) out with DarkRealm way back. So yeah he was the original one to use the name DarkRealm.

Hey btw Troop. Long time no speak :P