Empire

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
If you guys want to make posts make them fairly and do not start flames here..and master if u don't like STFU and go on another server!

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
I'd like to congratulate Hone on the server. I am the longest player, starting out maybe a couple of days from beta. I retired at lvl51, which on a low rate is quite some geeking lol. I did all there was in the game, and had a huge many hours of enjoyment. Hone should be commended on having the balls to strike out with a low rate server. So many people want to download a game be lvl 100 in a week with all the kit and pvp, whereas other people like to log on and relax.

For me Empire held this niche, we were small, I think max player count of maybe 30 during events, usually about 10-15 of an evening. But everyone got along and chatted away. It's a shame that it's gone, but as I told Hone, he should feel proud, there are probably over 50 lvl40+ characters on that db, it's testiment to the enjoyment he provided to so many.

Anyways, was a pleasure playing and hope you start up again, or join a team somewhere. I'd definately want to be informed. Server owners should take note, low rates that are long term are attractive, usually to people with lots more cash than pocket money.. Fair play to Hone, he only introduced a game shop to pay for the web hosting, again a non-donation server is also very attractive.

Anyone wishing to contact me from empire can do so through this account

/griffin

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Re: Empire Forced to Close

I would appreciate it if this thread wasn't deleted for at least a few days...
ouch.....
so hes not giving you your files back and buggered off to elysian?
id be well pissed... dont say much for elysian either lol

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009

ouch.....

Lets not stir the ****pot eh?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Lets not stir the ****pot eh?
ill do wotever i want thanks.

if some1s stolen his files, thats bull, and should be made to hand them back

u dont understand how much work goes into a server until u do 1 urself properly

i aint tryin to stir ne thing at all, just expressing my veiws

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009

ill do wotever i want thanks.

if some1s stolen his files, thats bull, and should be made to hand them back

u dont understand how much work goes into a server until u do 1 urself properly

i aint tryin to stir ne thing at all, just expressing my veiws

yes but I know you love to swoop on anything your competition gives you. It's ok, even a monkey can see why, if you are that worried about losing custom, why not get a job?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Competition or not, He has about about the files.

I wouldn't be best please if it happened to me that's for sure.

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!

Competition or not, He has about about the files.

I wouldn't be best please if it happened to me that's for sure.

Agree'd with Jamie and Ben, i tryed running a server just for fun and even after a few weeks stress got to me but stuck to it for a little while, its hard doing everything urself, its not written in guidlines how to do it, you have to teach yourself, i feel for hone as even tho the server wasnt most popular its what a small part of the comunity liked and now Low Rates are pretty much dead, as every1 in mir nowadays is greedy and wants everything.

If you had worked on something for aslong as hone has, and then it had all gone to ****, wouldn't you be pissed ?
We all know ben can be a bit of a tool but im siding with him lol, its harsh and w.e stole files should give back / replace! its damn shame to see people stabbing other members of this once great communityin the back.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

ouch.....

Why would it not say much for us?

i didnt take the guys files i have no need for them nothing i can use in there.

i was offered a 2 pc setup to run are server off and i did it. if theres a problem with Emp and johny they need to talk.Has nothing todo with me.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

yes but I know you love to swoop on anything your competition gives you. It's ok, even a monkey can see why, if you are that worried about losing custom, why not get a job?
yer hi idiot. you know nothing about me do u, so why dont u jog on?
i feel sorry for you, i thought u wasnt a totaly noob ed, but clearly u are. this has nothing to do with me or my server, so why are u trying to start something?

and if u really want to know, 4heros is still at a nice healthy 120+ user count, now u can stop your worryin and sleep 2nite :wink:

Why would it not say much for us?

i didnt take the guys files i have no need for them nothing i can use in there.

i was offered a 2 pc setup to run are server off and i did it. if theres a problem with Emp and johny they need to talk.Has nothing todo with me.
well, if whats happened is true, ur host is basically a thief if hes stolen and wont give empires mir files back.

and since you run elysian, and elysian is ran on that host, it does involve u... and u should be concerned about what sorta rep ur server will get from this.

Whos to know in a few months time same wont happen to elysian? host decides to just bugger off with files, every1 ingame loses all their hard work.

I aint tryin to slate elysian like ppl think... im just concerned for u ice, i dont wanna see u get ur files stolen also.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

I more see it as it may not effect the reputation but what's to stop the host doing it again or worse? taking them for himself, I mean he has a history now for it...

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009

yer hi idiot. you know nothing about me do u, so why dont u jog on?
i feel sorry for you, i thought u wasnt a totaly noob ed, but clearly u are. this has nothing to do with me or my server, so why are u trying to start something?

and if u really want to know, 4heros is still at a nice healthy 120+ user count, now u can stop your worryin and sleep 2nite :wink:

idiot? coming from the retard who can't even spell? Has never had a job? I know you all too well Ben, I've known you now for 4 years, and you still are a massive loser, I remember you getting laid because of mir, and now you make your living off it, so who is the idiot here?

I'm not slating anybody, (well except the obvious nobber) I don't know whether hone got the files or not, I do know he felt hurt, this was obviously in the offing for a long time, common courtesy to let folk know what is going to happen. I had the most to lose, yet I couldn't care less, as I stated earlier I'm thankful I had the fun that was afforded to me.

I don't know why you think people are so thick Ben? you are all over everyone else's server advertisements like a fly on ****, who do you think you are kidding? Your life revolves totally around Mir, else why would you be on here giving two craps? You claim it's because of the files etc, nobody aside from Hone knows, but you are here sticking your oar in as usual, stirring **** up for another server.

Why don't you butt out? You know nothing about Hone or Empire, one thing I can absolutely assure you of, is that Hone despises you like nobody else on here. But heck, he's at the back of a long line.. Now do yourself a favour and jog on, there's good chap.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Think the real question here is why is the host willing to drop one set of files for another, he's just hosting right, so makes no difference to him. Unless he wants those shiney new files. I'd keep a close eye on them if I were IceMan, just my impression.

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
I've had my files stolen and after all that hard work, it's really not a nice thing. I helped out on Empire for a while back in the first few months of the server and I don't appricate whoever took the files. It would be a nice thing to at least give Hone a backup of the files so then can find a new host. I have to agree with Ben with the whole host situation involving elysian. Who's to say that this person won't do the same to elysian and let's be logical here, elysian is a better set of files than TD's that Empire is using. I personally think that after all this, it really don't give elysian a good name.

h

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Tbh you guys shouldnt jump on anyone with know any info,
thats the problem around ppl over react on things without any info get some info then y ou can make up your mind.

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
Sorry to hear about your files Hone, it's always a shame when a decent server has to be put down due to this type of thing occouring.

I don't think leaving this thread open any longer will benifit anyone though.

If you would like it cleaned and reopened, PM me, otherwise...

Closed.

p

PS: I'll leave it here for a day or so, so people can see whats happened, and then i'll move it to the rubbish bin (Retrievable if you ever want it back).

Status
Not open for further replies.