FiveHeroes - C# Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

M3ntalRav3r

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Hartlepool
Problem is you wont see much of what we've been doing.. its all back ground work... trade, npc re-scripting, qfunc/qmanage etc, moving to SQL... none of that besides trade you actually see ingame, but it does need to be done.

In terms of ETA no we still dont know. an ETA wont be released until archer and assassin are complete, otherwise theres no point in even doing a beta to test class balance

hows the archer and assassin's gettin on ? still aload of work to be done or nearly there now ?

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
It's going ok, abit slow pace but we're moving forward that's for sure.

I'm currently focused on finishing old spells + assassins.

We'll update you soon with our current progress.

kevin87

Night date without obligations, one night only
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
loved OS, best server that you made in my opinion, so will defo give this a blast on release and hope it lives up to its expectations, good work and keep moving forward lads, well done

SlippitySchlong

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2013
The rates are a bit daft and i don't trust a Ben server to get the class skills right as they made a right pigs ear with the assassin on fourheroes. Let us see how this goes...

---------- Post Merged at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:48 PM ----------

You do make a decent server Bon, your probly the only server owner that actually knows what the assassin class is about, I carnt wait to give it a try!
He got it wrong in fourheroes.

---------- Post Merged at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:53 PM ----------

You do make a decent server Bon, your probly the only server owner that actually knows what the assassin class is about, I carnt wait to give it a try!

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
The rates are a bit daft and i don't trust a Ben server to get the class skills right as they made a right pigs ear with the assassin on fourheroes. Let us see how this goes...

No offence, but theres has NEVER been a good server that has a 'balanced' class situation, its nion impossible, Not even Euro were close to getting it right

If im honest, the word balance was a bullshit made up word because of private servers.

If you think about it, its nothing but speed,

So:

Some 1 fast will kill some 1 slow, w/e the class.. Wheres the 'balance' in that?

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
agree'd speed is everything on mir2 this is way iv always been a mir3 player but the community sucks in mir3 il be playing these files tho because they are the smoothest mir2 files iv played on and it seemed like everyone was near enough the same speed on the C# beta server.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
balance is just an opinion... and everyone has their own opinion, so your right in saying there will never be a game thats perfectly balanced.. at least not in the eyes of the person playing.

you can perfectly balance it in terms of numbers and maths, but trust me someone will still moan somewhere

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
Bon on your server will there be people that are alot faster than others or is that just how mir2 files work i only played the beta but there was only a few people testing it and everyone seems the same speed but what will it be like when all these 'cheaters' end up playing with there speed hacks or will all that stuff not matter and everyone be on a level playing field..
i just thought mir2 community would have fixed the speed of players to be about the same like mir3 has always been :/

Tennant

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2012
Bon on your server will there be people that are alot faster than others or is that just how mir2 files work i only played the beta but there was only a few people testing it and everyone seems the same speed but what will it be like when all these 'cheaters' end up playing with there speed hacks or will all that stuff not matter and everyone be on a level playing field..
i just thought mir2 community would have fixed the speed of players to be about the same like mir3 has always been :/

the question is wheather or not how C# files deal with the hacks more than the server creators tbh.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
tbh until it goes online i dont know.

what i do know is there are already anti-speed hacks coded in... and we'll continue to build on that and work on blocking any cheats we find.

cheats are always going to be in every game, you cant change that... but we'll work to stop them, not just ignore them. with the ability to code we have the means to stop and block the cheats and will do so

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
nice, thanks for the reply.

any closer to giving out any info on how things are going and how close the class's are to being complete a estimate or anything just curious :)

Yuzu

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
So this advert will probably look very basic, I'll be adding to it as I go along.
So not really sure how to start off this advert but here goes:

Introduction to the server

• Server will be using the C# files
  • It will have all 5 classes including a Archer class
  • I'm not going to say its a low/med/high rate because that term means different things to different people, so let me try explain what kinda "rate" it is below
  • Server team is myself, Matt and Hany
  • Our previous servers are OldSkool, FourHeroes LR and HR, and the current Threeheros (altho we do not run it anymore)

Server rate

Fast to 20 (couple of hours, I'd expect people to be 20+ in their 1st session of playing)
Steady pace to around 50 (expect people to be 50 in a week or so)
Again steady pace but slower to 80 (expect people to be 80 in a couple weeks)
Then slowing things down quite a bit at around 80-100 where your looking at a couple of days per level.
Level 100 is going to be a soft cap where leveling up is still possible, but its gonna take a week or 2 per level. This will allow others to catch up, and eventually will be lifted on patch day.

Gameplay is very much a "high rate" kind of play. Standard euro spells will be auto leveled and given to you as you level up (e.g. at lvl 7 you will gain Fencing 0/100). I dont believe people afk lvling spells, especially not ones you've learned 100x over. Brand new spells will be rare and have a little bit of levelin, but again im talking 1000 max, not 16,000.

However dont think items are going to be given away like cakes, on all my servers theres been a huge variety of items, going from your standard kit -> rare -> legendary status. You will find the appropriate level items for your level, but they just might not be the BEST items you can obtain.

That brings us onto stats. At level 100 your stats could be anywhere from dc200 to 350 depending on if you have the bog standard kit, to the super rare items.

Server Features

In terms of features the server supports all kind of maps, so you will see a mixture of brand new maps, and the classic old maps; both euro and custom!
Server will not have Heroes, and things like marriage / mentor system, these will probably be things that come at a later stage.
If you have tested the c# files, they speak for themselves. They run excellent on windows 7, none of this needing XP ACPI crap.
The files also have anti-speed hack so everyone should be the same speed making PvP very interesting and balanaced!
Full list of features can be found on this thread: http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?84526-Comparison-of-available-files-2014 however our files will have a lost of "incomplete" things on that list done on release.

The server will follow very much in the theme of my previous servers, so if you havn't played one of my servers before, check out the ThreeHeroes advert for more details:
http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?74166-ThreeHeroes-2-6&highlight=threeheroes

The big question - ETA?!

Well I'm sure this is something everyone will be asking, so best to answer it here the best I can.

As always there is no specific release date or ETA planned, however our main plan is to achive something similiar to the below timeline:

Beta - July
Live - August - September depending on how Beta tests go

THESE ARE ROUGH ESTIMATES, THE DATES WILL CHANGE AS THINGS PROGRESS!

For more info and to keep up to date with things please visit the forums:
http://oldskoolgaming.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?87-Five-Heroes

We'd love to hear any feedback / ideas so please go post them there!

There isnt really much to screenshot and post at the moment, but I never like making a thread w/o posting a picture, so Ill post 2 pics that I think show how amazing the new maps are! I'd imagine most have probably seen these before tho.

j9u70w.png

27xnewo.jpg

6rilnm.png

SPECIAL THANKS TO

Jamie & Shane | for starting this great C# project
Lilcooldoode, Far & thedeath | for all the updates
DevilsKnight | for hosting the client patcher
Nightwolf, TheDayIDie | for all the help

Also thanks to all the others that have worked on the C# files and will continue to work on them. Without everyone's hard work we wouldn't even have these files.

Unfortunately we cannot commit our source to the SVN being open source, as we have changed too many things and are not going down the "official" root. But we'd like to find some way of giving back in the future, that could mean releasing binary exes or committing smaller single things such as spells or mob AIs (assuming they pass the "official" test
:P)

Cant wait for this .

Mind for open beta?

Or Client Download ?

Would love to try this find out bugs etc.

Thanks.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Small update in terms of how we're progressing with skills.... this was posted on our forums:

We have finished fixing all spells for the 3 main classes, taoist, wizard, warrior... a couple minor adjustments are needed but overall they are done.

Assassin is around 50-60% done, with 5 spells left to code, 4 easy 1 medium.

Archer is coming along really nicely, i'm going to try post a video at some stage.. again its around 50-60% complete with 6 spells left to code, all relatively easy to do.

All in all, progress is good, once all spells are complete we are looking to do a beta testing of standard mess about files to test class balance and server stability... when we are happy with that we'll do a closed beta to test the actual server files and how mob balance is etc

[video=youtube_share;D9x1xWdACUo]http://youtu.be/D9x1xWdACUo[/video]

Yuzu

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
Small update in terms of how we're progressing with skills.... this was posted on our forums:

We have finished fixing all spells for the 3 main classes, taoist, wizard, warrior... a couple minor adjustments are needed but overall they are done.

Archer is coming along really nicely, i'm going to try post a video at some stage.. again its around 50-60% complete with 6 spells left to code, all relatively easy to do.

All in all, progress is good, once all spells are complete we are looking to do a beta testing of standard mess about files to test class balance and server stability... when we are happy with that we'll do a closed beta to test the actual server files and how mob balance is etc

Nice to see everything going good .

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010

Look sick mate, love that archer aoe that pretty damn cool! Balance is all bullshit some people can play classes better than other that's where the moans come from few skills may need nerfing but as server grows balance will find itself.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Well from what me and hany have found its going to be a big shock to a lot of people.. this server is going to involve actual skill, not whos got the fastest PC.

You cant just side step around someone... you'll get hit... you can quite easily hit someone while running also.

This does make things a lot easier for people who just hold shift, they will hit you a lot more (generally people that just hold shift are bad pvps / slow PCs) as the hit detection is so much better on these files.

A skilled player will still beat a shift holder, but you'll have to be more tactical about it... make them walk inside you... use your thrusting / line attacks more... this is merely refering to melee vs melee btw... ranged vs ranged is also very different

Im quite excited to see some of the fights.. should be fun to see the people that think they are gods of PvP fail because their only "skill" was their fast/tweaked/cheating PC

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Nice to see this going well.

Keep me posted, If you want to give me some spoilers / teasers, You now where my mail box is (I'll keep them secret).

by the way have you guys Migrated from flat files to SQL?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
When u got a Exact ETA just post it out :P
again ill just copy paste wot was posted on our forums...........

well it all depends on how long it takes hany to finish these spells.... but once they are done we'll be emailing everyone thats signed up on these forums to join an open stability beta, so as many people as we can get to try crash the server and fix as many bugs as possible.

Its really difficult to give ETAs but we're aiming to do a beta at the end of this month / very early August

U gotta bare in mind these files have been created from scratch... theres so much work to be done its not even funny