GAME stores

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
GAME stores on it's way out i guessing? Their have stopped stocking most games and now i get a email saying due to them not stocking Mass effect 3 my pre-order has been cancelled. You know when your in trouble when you can't / wont stock a big game like Mass effect 3.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...37297&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151

If GAME is on it's way out then GAMESTATION will be on it's way out as their are both of same parent company. Where am i going to get my games from now.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Play used to be good but since they got bought out and outsourced everything back to China the delivery dates have been a ball ache.

Its obvious most gaming stores would be heading this way now. Downloading games via xbox live or steam or psn is just easier.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
They are **** anyway.

Complete rip off.

If anyone has these Pre-Paid GAME cards from trade-in's etc I advise you to use them ASAP as they could well go bust any time soon.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Farphit, most online stores are easier and cheaper anyway.

Save £5-10 on pre-order and get the game on release date, sometimes earlier.

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
They are **** anyway.

Complete rip off.

If anyone has these Pre-Paid GAME cards from trade-in's etc I advise you to use them ASAP as they could well go bust any time soon.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Farphit, most online stores are easier and cheaper anyway.

Save £5-10 on pre-order and get the game on release date, sometimes earlier.

Where do you get games £5-10 cheaper then?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
If GAME is on it's way out then GAMESTATION will be on it's way out as their are both of same parent company. Where am i going to get my games from now.

I don't believe for a second that game and gamestation are owned by the same company, it was only a couple of months ago that I started a bidding war between them on a bunch of my old trade ins. Gamestation had serious bloodlust for Game lol. None of this "I'll match it" crap, they was like "ILL GIVE YOU MORE"

Play used to be good but since they got bought out and outsourced everything back to China the delivery dates have been a ball ache.

Its obvious most gaming stores would be heading this way now. Downloading games via xbox live or steam or psn is just easier.

I can't speak for the others but buying from XBLMP is a rip off. You can get everything cheaper elsewhere. I don't use GAME anymore unless I literally can't find a cheaper price elsewhere, so I use them (via website) so I can get points on my card, simple as that. But yeah 9/10 I use various internet sites to order from.

Where do you get games £5-10 cheaper then?

I use Google Shopping to quickly find best prices.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
shopto.net for one.

Argos was £5 cheaper than GAME for Uncharted for the VITA and FIFA for the VITA.

ASDA (in store!!) was cheaper for FIFA 12

play.com are usually cheaper than GAME in store.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

I don't believe for a second that game and gamestation are owned by the same company, it was only a couple of months ago that I started a bidding war between them on a bunch of my old trade ins. Gamestation had serious bloodlust for Game lol. None of this "I'll match it" crap, they was like "ILL GIVE YOU MORE"
They are mate, GAME bought Gamestation.

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004

I can't speak for the others but buying from XBLMP is a rip off. You can get everything cheaper elsewhere. I don't use GAME anymore unless I literally can't find a cheaper price elsewhere, so I use them (via website) so I can get points on my card, simple as that. But yeah 9/10 I use various internet sites to order from.

I use Google Shopping to quickly find best prices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamestation

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
shopto.net for one.

Argos was £5 cheaper than GAME for Uncharted for the VITA and FIFA for the VITA.

I can vouch for shopto.net as well, and Asda in store often have good deals

edit: then game/gamestation are both total muppets. No wonder they're going bust!!

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
shopto.net for one.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

They are mate, GAME bought Gamestation.

I don't trust play.com anymore.

I always thought supermarkets like Asda and Tesco were alot more expensive then gaming stores

Just looked on shopto.net for ME3 and it's £39, which is what GAME was anyway. I got it for £37 from amazon.

Last edited:

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
Game won't be stocking EA games after SSX, things are getting badddd.

Share prices dropped to 5p per share, Gamestop possibly looking at a takeover.

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
Game won't be stocking EA games after SSX, things are getting badddd.

Share prices dropped to 5p per share, Gamestop possibly looking at a takeover.

Have stop stocking most ubisoft games also.

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
For anyone who's pre-ordered Mass Effect, they're offering your deposit back, plus £5 in-store credit.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I don't understand it though tbh, the only explanation can be that people aren't buying games as much? And I don't believe that..

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i think theres just a lot more resources to get games nowadays. Back 10 years ago if you wanted a new release you'd have to go to a place like Game, because supermarkets didn't stock many new games, and online downloading didn't exist.

Now everywhere sells games, and big companies like Asda or Amazon can afford to sell the games cheaper than a dedicated games store.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Knew this was gunna come, The one on the Retail Park where I work costs approx £16,000 a month just on rent, Now say the average game costs £40, GAME have to sell 400 copies just to pay for the rent alone, And being that they're a specific product store, your only going to go there with the product you want in mind.

Whereas Argos or Asda stock a variety of products which means if the gaming market dips, its not going to have a dramatic affect.

Its going to happen to many more stores soon, shame really,

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Knew this was gunna come, The one on the Retail Park where I work costs approx £16,000 a month just on rent, Now say the average game costs £40, GAME have to sell 400 copies just to pay for the rent alone, And being that they're a specific product store, your only going to go there with the product you want in mind.

Whereas Argos or Asda stock a variety of products which means if the gaming market dips, its not going to have a dramatic affect.

Its going to happen to many more stores soon, shame really,

True and I for one am more likely to look round the game section of a supermarket than I am to make a dedicated trip to a standalone shop like game