Guild Wars 2

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
Decided to re sub to SWTOR but i will give this ago in a couple of weeks when it dies down a little, hate starting new games when the starting areas are packed.

Being packed is good, whoever hits a mob gets the same exp, there are world events everyone can participate in and according to how well you did you get exp - bronze, silver, gold. Also there are overflow servers atm so if its too crowded in a map you go into one of those.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Rebuy the game ??? are u stupid....... its a 72 hour ban and unlike some i can go without playing a game. like i said i bought ONE used it then sold it when i didnt need it. thats not expolting it is it.... like i said why was this not fixed during beta **** if they didnt want people reselling things they could have just limted it on the NPC's.

wont be playing again i have my 35 quid charged back in my account now so really couldnt careless

You won't be missed, so don't worry. Have a fun time charging that money back ;)

Agreed with the above btw, playing when it's packed actually helps you. Because events/quests are done on-the-go, people just all join in and you all get exp. Levelling is really easy tbh, the "grind" part of MMO's doesn't seem there.

Last edited:

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
You won't be missed, so don't worry. Have a fun time charging that money back ;)
already have it back

Agreed with the above btw, playing when it's packed actually helps you. Because events/quests are done on-the-go, people just all join in and you all get exp. Levelling is really easy tbh, the "grind" part of MMO's doesn't seem there.

^^

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

T&C: You cannot get a refund if you have brought the game from NCsoft/ ArenaNet digitally as the code has been used and your account active, in the case of a physical copy if you had the code sent to you then you cannot get a refund, Thanks for supporting ArenaNet !

And if you were dumb enough to get your bank to charge back the amount despite their T&C, I pity you.

JoeDumm strikes again.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I start late because it's gives them time to fix all the noob bugs and problems plus i like to see how the community react to the game each week, after the first month is over you see the numbers drop, just waiting to see how far they do drop.
Am hearing a lot of people quitting already though because so many bugs have been found, how bad are these bugs?.
Oh and it's sold out everywhere -.-.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Think there was one major bug but it got fixed immediately, the rest are just "out of map" glitches tbh, nothing huge. If people are quitting it'd be due to how busy it is making the server crash now and then, I've been playing for 5days now and only had only 1 crash, lasted about 10mins then was back up again. Apparently it's gotten much better since release.

Just go to a local game shop, they'll have a copy you can buy. But If you want, wait another week or 2 for them to stabilize things, then join.

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
Tafeeda/Tsubaski on Desolater - EU, i only play spvp atm.

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
There's bug patches constantly, every morning is a new patch to fix things. I've not really found any bugs apart from certain NPCs not working for a day. They were in low level places and are working again now anyway. A few people might quit for MoP but in general I think this userbase will last a while, its a really good game and there's tonnes to do. I want to properly try out all 8 classes as well, in different races and get the story done find out how it all pans out.

Did some WvWvW last night and its so incredibly smooth, didn't get any screen lag whatsoever with 100+ people all fighting together crazy stuff. One guy was commanding our server and we won a few castles.

WvWvW is basically like 24/7 domination from CoD but with Sabuk Wall castles as points on the map.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Some new copies just come in at Game, just ordered mine, some at gamestation also but amazon is still all out.

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
Anyone know of any local stores selling it for closer to £30?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Anyone know of any local stores selling it for closer to £30?

I don't think you will get it cheaper going to the store, they usually cost more then buying it online, i went into game today and it was selling for £40 but out of stock and that is £5 more then getting it from their website.

Amazon is your best bet but it's £34 at the moment, that will drop though within a week or 2.

Oh could someone tell me how these buy to play games work? i never played one before i don't think, always p2p, is it like diablo with no content updates and such?.

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
You've bought it and now you play for free, no subs. It will get content just like WoW does. You will probs pay for expansons but again no subs.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
You've bought it and now you play for free, no subs. It will get content just like WoW does. You will probs pay for expansons but again no subs.

Yer i know there no subs but if it gets content update/expansions then that's cool.

Anyone know how good the Rangers DPS burst is? just notice they have pets which always results in low dps but is that the case here?.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Yer i know there no subs but if it gets content update/expansions then that's cool.

Anyone know how good the Rangers DPS burst is? just notice they have pets which always results in low dps but is that the case here?.

I'm a Ranger and pretty much nobody can touch me in PvP lol. Kite them all day long. DPS isn't the best but it's pretty damn good. You get bleeds with the shortbow and poison so it all stacks up.

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
I have been looking at the classes and i do like the Rangers. Never really played such a class cus i always go warrior or something like a paladin. I can really see myself using barrage constantly.

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
On the first Guild Wars it seems expansions did cost money. Won't be for a while yet but I'd buy it tbf, the game is huge with tonnes to do and so enjoyable. Ranger pets are quite weak tbf so your character isn't made weaker due to having pets. In all fairness every pet I've come across seems pretty weak, they help by taking agro and doing a bit extra damage.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
My copy came this morning, so should be on later, what server is recommended at the moment? don't really care if it's PVE or PVP but not RP.

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
All servers are PvE - PvP is instanced I believe, dunno about actual PvP but the WvWvw is server vs server vs server basically. It changes every few days which servers you're against.

Currently on Fissure of Woe, was on Far Shiverpeaks before. Higher servers are better if you want the WvW stats but the less crowded they are the less likely you are to be in an overflow. I know a few people are playing on Desolation.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Is there some type of quest tracker thing, because i got to find someone but have no idea where she is.

I joined Fissure of Woe server, ign Trinzer.

Oh and the combat is sick, didn't expect it to be this good.

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
Is it the story quest? For story quests which are top right in green, there will be a green spiral on the mini map. All quests that come up top right will have an icon on the mini map.