Guild Wars 2

Join Discord

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Been playing for a few days now and i find this game has pretty much everything you would enjoy in a mmorpg. Tried out 3 classes, Thief, Ranger and Elementalist, Ranger is very good PVE wise but i think he lacks something in PVP, it can kite good but compared to Thief i just think he edges it, Elementalist is lacking damage imo, but with the option to change to all 4 elements it's pretty cool.

I not done much PVP, just battleground thing which is fun as you can PVP all day without waiting, you all set at 80 with PVP gear so it's all even, not done the world PVP yet though, am not sure how to join it.
Am only level 17 at the moment but it's been worth every penny so far and i don't usually say that tbh.

Just killed Fire Elemental dude which was ridiculously hard, about 30 of us and died like 20 times but it was fun.
2ajnwpf.jpg

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Me and all uni friends are on Gunnars Hold server, tis supposedly a decent "UK" server or something. I'd suggest swapping to that if you're not in a guild already. It's free to do so atm but soon it'll cost to swap.

Yea that fire elemental's a beast. There's a secret boss you can unlock there also but it's so tedious and you need a rare "Key" that spawns once every like 3hours.

Here's some screens.

gw044k.jpg

gw006s.jpg

Two giant boss's, The dragon one was sick lol.

Last edited:

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
Gee wizz those screenies look sick keep em coming please!

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
There you go. By the way, those were taken on the "maximum performance" settings. Next time I'm going to change it to Ultra for graphics and take a screeny.

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
nice screens, could you possible upload full size next time, hard to see details.

Right click Image > Copy Image Location > Paste into new tab [Doesn't work on Internet Explorer as far as I know and if you're using IE, you should be shot.]

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
I don't hide :O

And I don't have it but it looks excellent and packed with fun things to do! I shall probably buy it when I have some money spare and when there are actual digital copies available and not "Sold out"...how the hell do you sell out of something which was fabricated in cyber space? o_O

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Ah you want a digi copy so you dont have to go into the place called the "Outside world"... i know you might burn up out there :/ I know i know man its hard stuff, they should definately just make it free tbh :/

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Ah you want a digi copy so you dont have to go into the place called the "Outside world"... i know you might burn up out there :/ I know i know man its hard stuff, they should definately just make it free tbh :/

^ lol.

Just go to a game store and buy it, lazy bums.

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
I don't hide :O

And I don't have it but it looks excellent and packed with fun things to do! I shall probably buy it when I have some money spare and when there are actual digital copies available and not "Sold out"...how the hell do you sell out of something which was fabricated in cyber space? o_O

They are not sold out, the games owners have said that there is far more people wanting to play this game and it is ruining the balance of the economy etc so they have locked out new accounts for the moment. Sucks cos me and 3 or 4 of my friends were all going to get this and play together but need to wait. Hope they open registrations again soon as am getting bored of playing nothing.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Right click Image > Copy Image Location > Paste into new tab [Doesn't work on Internet Explorer as far as I know and if you're using IE, you should be shot.]

I did but they were not full res, as you can see Koriban re uploaded full res images.

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
They are not sold out, the games owners have said that there is far more people wanting to play this game and it is ruining the balance of the economy etc so they have locked out new accounts for the moment. Sucks cos me and 3 or 4 of my friends were all going to get this and play together but need to wait. Hope they open registrations again soon as am getting bored of playing nothing.
So if i got myself a physical copy i'd still not be able to sign up and log in?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
So if i got myself a physical copy i'd still not be able to sign up and log in?

No, not true. They've only disabled purchases online via their store to help stop so many people getting in.

Do what I did and a few mates did, go to a store, buy the game, install the game, enter serial code and register and play :P

Note: in store it'll probs be 5quid more expensive.

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
No, not true. They've only disabled purchases online via their store to help stop so many people getting in.

Do what I did and a few mates did, go to a store, buy the game, install the game, enter serial code and register and play :P

Note: in store it'll probs be 5quid more expensive.

Lies

We all know you're allergic to friends and the outside. ^^

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
Game has some in stock
http://www.game.co.uk/en/guild-wars-2-71919?pageSize=20&searchTerm=guild%20wars%202

Gamestation
http://www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/guild-wars-2-71919

£40 though, they gone up a £5 since last week, but both are free delivery in the uk so i suppose it evens out.

Gamestation have it for £50 in the store lol. Most of the guild has moved to Desolation server btw, tried to tell you ingame yday but you're very quiet. Server transfers free at mo and also a few of us rerolled new chars so more near your level :P

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
Checked about 5 different stores in my area and everywhere has sold out.. GAME said they 'should' have it back in by the end of this week lol.

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
I think it's a bad move by ArenaNet to stop selling digital copies themselves really if local shops are restocking, losing profits.