Legend of mir Xeno Server (Heroes)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
nice to hear :) 7-9 users all morning. currently 5 online now

Getting a white border with black background in windowed mode, and black screen fully in full screen, windows 10, any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    1,022 bytes · Views: 62

XenoLOM

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 12, 2016
Getting a white border with black background in windowed mode, and black screen fully in full screen, windows 10, any ideas?

am on windows 10 and its fine for me, all i can think of is. are your java flash player ect uptodate pc uptodate? grfx card uptodate? and trying running it as admin and or run in windows 8?

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
am on windows 10 and its fine for me, all i can think of is. are your java flash player ect uptodate pc uptodate? grfx card uptodate? and trying running it as admin and or run in windows 8?

Done all of the above, everythings up to date, I can run anything, including high end games, just playing up on this client for some reason *sigh*

XenoLOM

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 12, 2016
played heroes b4? and you have tried running in admin and windows 8? try running in windows 7, if it dont work try a pc restart

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
played heroes b4? and you have tried running in admin and windows 8? try running in windows 7, if it dont work try a pc restart

Only thing I haven't done is a PC restart, will try that in a few, cheers.

XenoLOM

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 12, 2016
Only thing I haven't done is a PC restart, will try that in a few, cheers.
ok, do any other mirs work?
also try deleting the client.exe (think its called xeno.exe) and run our auto patcher then try

Last edited:

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
ok, do any other mirs work?

Done a restart, still no luck, I know the server is working otherwise I would get connection closed, it's just I can't see anything or hear anything, just a black screen, and yes, I was playing FiveHeroes before this.

XenoLOM

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 12, 2016
Done a restart, still no luck, I know the server is working otherwise I would get connection closed, it's just I can't see anything or hear anything, just a black screen, and yes, I was playing FiveHeroes before this.
ok try deleting the xene.exe and run our auto patcher, then set the xeno.exe to run as admin and run in windows 7 or xp.
also try disabling your fw? lol am a little stumbed now

---------- Post Merged at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:42 PM ----------

you can also try the blackscreen fix for crystal files? might work lol
http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?88388-FAO-People-with-black-screen-issues

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
ok try deleting the xene.exe and run our auto patcher, then set the xeno.exe to run as admin and run in windows 7 or xp.
also try disabling your fw? lol am a little stumbed now

---------- Post Merged at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:42 PM ----------

you can also try the blackscreen fix for crystal files? might work lol
http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?88388-FAO-People-with-black-screen-issues

Lol, Crystal files work fine as I was playing FiveHeroes and also I have my own set of files up and running so I know there's no issues there, I'll try and run auto patcher after deleting exe etc, firewall shouldn't be an issue at all but will take a look also, and to top all that off, I downloaded the direct x or .net environment kit (forget which) to see if that helps baring in mind I already had the latest DirectX and .net.. we shall see, this can only help future people who encounter a problem anyway, this is why I'm replying and basically documenting methods.

Last edited:

XenoLOM

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 12, 2016
Lol, Crystal files work fine as I was playing FiveHeroes and also I have my own set of files up and running so I know there's no issues there, I'll try and run auto patcher after deleting exe etc, firewall shouldn't be an issue at all but will take a look also, and to top all that off, I downloaded the direct x or .net environment kit (forget which) to see if that helps baring in mind I already had the latest DirectX and .net.. we shall see, this can only help future people who encounter a problem anyway, this is why I'm replying and basically documenting methods.

yeah i know its strange i dont think ive ever had black screen with heroes so its all new to me :P i hope it works for you

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
yeah i know its strange i dont think ive ever had black screen with heroes so its all new to me :P i hope it works for you

Deleted .exe ran autopatcher, allowed the .exe and the main directory in firewall, restarted PC after downloading environment kits, still no luck.

XenoLOM

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 12, 2016
Deleted .exe ran autopatcher, allowed the .exe and the main directory in firewall, restarted PC after downloading environment kits, still no luck.
i dont know why it dont work especially if you can play crystal files, try logging on to another heroes game with there ip and my client

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
i dont know why it dont work especially if you can play crystal files, try logging on to another heroes game with there ip and my client

Noticed your autopatcher keeps downloading "bad files" so what I'm going to do is, download another heroes client, then put your data / maps etc in to that and change the setup ini to your IP, will keep you informed.

*EDIT*

Arcadia works, must be something in your client data that is throwing me off, I'll try and swap things based off Arcadia client.

XenoLOM

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 12, 2016
Noticed your autopatcher keeps downloading "bad files" so what I'm going to do is, download another heroes client, then put your data / maps etc in to that and change the setup ini to your IP, will keep you informed.

*EDIT*

Arcadia works, must be something in your client data that is throwing me off, I'll try and swap things based off Arcadia client.

yeh the auto patcher says that but it seems to work for other ppl lol.
er ok not sure why tho as theres ppl on using my client, goodluck

Potnoodle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
hi Xeno logged on for abit tested out server for a short while ive noticed a pet bug that people might try exploit and that is when you get the starter pets "2" and one dies if you go back to town you can get another 2 so you are then running around with 3 pets maybe limit the npc to give 1 pet at a time to a maximum of 2 then that will fix this issue?

XenoLOM

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 12, 2016
hi Xeno logged on for abit tested out server for a short while ive noticed a pet bug that people might try exploit and that is when you get the starter pets "2" and one dies if you go back to town you can get another 2 so you are then running around with 3 pets maybe limit the npc to give 1 pet at a time to a maximum of 2 then that will fix this issue?
thank you for that :)

Potnoodle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
no problem thats what beta is ment for :) ill keep an eye out for any other bugs/glitches

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Just tried Arcadia and it worked fine 100%, even copied over stuff to your client etc, and it seems to me it's the .exe that is not working for me, so hopefully i'll get my hands on one that works for me, would of liked to play tonight but such is life...

Status
Not open for further replies.