legendofmir.co.uk

smoochy boys on tour

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Funnest thing in this thread was Bon saying he can't believe people may be donating to oO~Unknown~Oo 's server.

I LOL'd hard!

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
No Tai, that's your misguidance once again. We have changed 50% of our server .

Yes we still use the same "engine" as all Mir, Yes we still use the same Maps (Windscreens) but our design is completely different to any other Mir, as is 50% of our performance, considering we coded mobs/skills and many different features ourselves. Your too buried into this debate now to un-dig your head from the sand to admit you are wrong.

There is a Huge difference between copy and paste, to making something of your own using features that are already in place.

We're talking about copying other peoples work and then slamming other people at your convenience for doing the same. (you vs chronicles, unknown vs mirguide) What part of that don't you see as hypocritical?

You've just gone off on some tangent about your server for no apparent reason..

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
We're talking about copying other peoples work and then slamming other people at your convenience for doing the same. (you vs chronicles, unknown vs mirguide) What part of that don't you see as hypocritical?

You've just gone off on some tangent about your server for no apparent reason..

Because there are two types of copying, using an idea and things used in this idea to make something, or literally taking the idea and using it as your own.

As I said before your to buried into this now to agree, so its an on-going discussion that will never be answered. My point to you is that Everything in life is copied. From Toilets to websites. How are lomcn using .co.uk, did they create that? or steal it? Its normal life to use already made things. But to use something that is exactly the same when you CAN change it, is the lazy points he was being criticised for.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
attachment.php

Sorry I'm not seeing what you've changed. Keep telling me how holy you are compared to unknown though

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
attachment.php

Sorry I'm not seeing what you've changed. Keep telling me how holy you are compared to unknown though

Oh I see, your taking a picture from our test server, decent argument there Tai ;)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I look forward to seeing your edited version upon release then yes, purely off the back of this thread I'm sure ;)

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
I look forward to seeing your edited version upon release then yes, purely off the back of this thread I'm sure ;)

So I win? you just caved Tai, admitting that if I edit it, its ok!!!!!

Got ya ;).

Ps it is edited, so ill double win :P

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Funnest thing in this thread was Bon saying he can't believe people may be donating to oO~Unknown~Oo 's server.

I LOL'd hard!

I would truly be disappointed in the mir community if there were people donating

Carribean

I abused the reputation system, now I'm stuck with
Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
This is a classic thread ha. Tai do you just convince yourself your always right?

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Just thought i would point out some obvious ones for those who missed them. It's currently in development and being changed and improved though :wink:

LordOfWar1

Known Cheater
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 5, 2014
how old are u tai? Or have you just had a bad few years?

stop wasting your time proving him wrong and get fixing bugs!

Last edited:

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Im disappointed

Mainly because i just stumbled across this thread now lol, i really should check into lomcn more often!

Regardless any development is better than none. Wish i had time to contribute to a map guide and such but tbh ive never been too interested in web development.

If you like i did sit down one day and extract bmp's of every 2.3 map i can upload them or give you access to my ftp if you think theyd be useful to you.

Kudos on the domain, as long as it holds true to your vision of your server who cares. Though i probably wouldve went with an unused name but that is just my opinion and like you stated it is a name you "believe in" so hold true to it if you really like it.

I know its hard but dont give in to the trolls in my experience its unbecoming of your true character and people will view you as unstable, but by all means do defend your vision in a clean manner and people that really matter will respect you for it.

Good night all and see you soon on the battlefield, im sharpening my hooked sword as we speak!

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Just thought i would point out some obvious ones for those who missed them. It's currently in development and being changed and improved though :wink:

Without sounding a dick (well it may sound it, but I'm not intending it), why do any of those changes make you feel like it's a valid or decent edit?

Alight you are going to make massive changes when it goes live, as you have said multiple times. But going purely on what we have now, you may as well say "look at this car, it's exactly the same as a Golf but I've changed the aerial to be slightly thicker - new car!" You've not even changed the colour at this point :S

I'm really looking forward to the server don't get me wrong, and you guys seem solid in communication and maturity- but don't fight battles like this where you are always going to come off poorly regardless of your intentions.

Obviously my opinion, I don't know enough about anything to have a valuable input, but hey.... :D

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Without sounding a dick (well it may sound it, but I'm not intending it), why do any of those changes make you feel like it's a valid or decent edit?

Alight you are going to make massive changes when it goes live, as you have said multiple times. But going purely on what we have now, you may as well say "look at this car, it's exactly the same as a Golf but I've changed the aerial to be slightly thicker - new car!" You've not even changed the colour at this point :S

I'm really looking forward to the server don't get me wrong, and you guys seem solid in communication and maturity- but don't fight battles like this where you are always going to come off poorly regardless of your intentions.

Obviously my opinion, I don't know enough about anything to have a valuable input, but hey.... :D

Like stated, before there are a lot more changes, however this thread is boring me now; so perhaps it should be cleaned by a mod and put back on topic.