Meteora 2 Point 3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Just to add a few things to Linds stuff, the files are alot cleaner. Less crap all over show and everything is far more organised, well, should be, but theres EXEs all over show atm *blames lind :p*

Increased performance on the server itself.
Groups are currently coded to hold upto 50 people, not actually sure what its set at atm though.
Groups level up.
Dual spells.

Thats just a few, you will have to play to see the rest I guess.

Does the server need increased performance with a Usercount of 1?
Has the server ever had 50 Users to group?
Has there ever been enough people on To try and group more than 11 people?
Has a Dual Spell ever been successfully cast???

These are just QUESTIONS .. I mean nothing by them , and they are merely a means for me to acquire information about the relevance of said features ... I dont have an opinion whatsoever ...

Thanks in advanced for the answers...

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006
Does the server need increased performance with a Usercount of 1?
Not for a usercount of 1, no. But it proved very successful at the beginning of closed beta when we had a little stress test.

Has the server ever had 50 Users to group?
No, but you asked for features that are hard coded and couldn't be scripted.
Has there ever been enough people on To try and group more than 11 people?
Yes
Has a Dual Spell ever been successfully cast???
Yes, as far as im aware, I have never personally tested them.
May I ask a question now?

Did you know about Meteora when we were preparing to go into closed beta?

We had over 70 applications for closed beta spots. A lucky 27ish were selected for very precise testing. So I can't quite understand why you are trying to imply that the interest for Meteora has never been there.

While I have your attention, please may I make a request?
As you willing said, would you possibly post a script for the magic icons changing as you level the spell?

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
May I ask a question now?

Did you know about Meteora when we were preparing to go into closed beta?

We had over 70 applications for closed beta spots. A lucky 27ish were selected for very precise testing. So I can't quite understand why you are trying to imply that the interest for Meteora has never been there.

While I have your attention, please may I make a request?
As you willing said, would you possibly post a script for the magic icons changing as you level the spell?

[@LevelFireballto2]
#IF
CHECKMAGICLEVEL FIREBALL1 1
#ACT
DELSKILL FIREBALL1
ADDSKILL FIREBALL2 2
break

in MagicDB duplicate fireball 3 times naming it
FIREBALL1
FIREBALL2
FIREBALL3

use the Icon u want for each number ...

If meteora want any more Help doing 7 months of work in 30 seconds Forum PM me ....

On a totally boasting Note :

Thats 10 lines of script ...

The Subclass system on OldSkool is nearly 5000 Lines of script made from scratch ... Come give it a whirl .. the shetty skill icon changing script above is simple in comparison ..

EDIT: wow 70 applications for closed beta spots ... ... ... ... ... lol Careful the goverment dont set clamping down eh???

Last edited:

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006
[@LevelFireballto2]
#IF
CHECKMAGICLEVEL FIREBALL1 1
#ACT
DELSKILL FIREBALL1
ADDSKILL FIREBALL2 2
break

in MagicDB duplicate fireball 3 times naming it
FIREBALL1
FIREBALL2
FIREBALL3

use the Icon u want for each number ...

If meteora want any more Help doing 7 months of work in 30 seconds Forum PM me ....

On a totally boasting Note :

Thats 10 lines of script ...

The Subclass system on OldSkool is nearly 5000 Lines of script made from scratch ... Come give it a whirl .. the shetty skill icon changing script above is simple in comparison ..
I will admit it is simple, but then you just have a server that is full of scripts, and scripts that have to be run alot which hinder the performance of the server. Also the database becomes full of crap, which I personally hate.

Just for your ease of mind, the magic icon system took around an 1 to code, graphics took a few hours to get perfect, and voila, you have one nice hardcoded system.

Wasn't it you yourself that was raving on a few week ago that people should make something of open source projects? Saying that the current SVN should be swapped with the ******* files. You are now talking as if coding your own stuff into open source projects is pointless, but we both know it isn't. It gives you far more potential than any other server.

On a totally boasting note, as far as I can see, Meteora is the most unique server ever made. It has the most dedicated team behind it, this team would consist of graphic designers, coders, web developers and a whole lot more. The team do all this for nothing, we have put 7 months of work in for players enjoyment.

Now, i'm sorry if your scripting skills can't live up to being able to code anything into the server files we desire. I can see you think Meteora as a threat to OldSkool, which I like. Nothing wrong with a bit of good old rivalry, will benefit the community as a whole because both teams will work to out do the other.

Make me a script which allows players to create, edit their accounts from a web page. Will allow them to check their kits and online leagues tables for things such a Guilds PvPs and Solo PvPs, that and much, much more will soon be revealed for Meteora ;)

As for 5000 lines, try programming, you will soon realise thats nothing.

Last edited:

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
You misunderstand my intentions entirely :)

I spend 7 months waiting for you guys to produce this server ...

And you have done nothing ...

In the end I had to make a server myself because yours wont ever get released ...

If you read the dates in this thread ive been "bashing" meteora way before i even joined a server team ... after they went into Open Beta claiming they had "2 Major Bugs left"

Its 4 months later and a few posts back I read :

"2 Major Bugs Left" ...

If you cant fix it just say so ....

Dont tell people to wait for something that you know isnt gunna happen ...

What im saying is :

Script in some changes in 5 minutes or remove the content you cant fix ...

Dont tell people "its coming pre-christmas release were looking at" and still be talking about the same bugs 2 months later ... its not fair to the players ...

Your open beta server has Usercount of 0 ...

Now as much as you will defend your server , even you know that is NOT good atall for the reputation of your server team

Your starting to look like DestinyAO ... a lie ...

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006

And you have done nothing ...

In the end I had to make a server myself because yours wont ever get released ...

If you read the dates in this thread ive been "bashing" meteora way before i even joined a server team ... after they went into Open Beta claiming they had "2 Major Bugs left"

Its 4 months later and a few posts back I read :

"2 Major Bugs Left" ...

If you cant fix it just say so ....

Dont tell people to wait for something that you know isnt gunna happen ...

What im saying is :

Script in some changes in 5 minutes or remove the content you cant fix ...

Dont tell people "its coming pre-christmas release were looking at" and still be talking about the same bugs 2 months later ... its not fair to the players ...

Your open beta server has Usercount of 0 ...

Now as much as you will defend your server , even you know that is NOT good atall for the reputation of your server team

Your starting to look like DestinyAO ... a lie ...
I understand you completely, and we understand people have waited for the server and the interest has died down due to the delays, hence the open beta usercount, you can't expect people to play it through open beta when they know it will get wiped because we stated that from the very beginning.

We can fix the bugs, its just the server team is very busy with real life. Some are at uni, others work full time and on top of that we have a soical life. I know this is no excuse for the amount of delays the server has produced, but we do this in our spare time.

The server will be online, I can assure you that.

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004

wahwahwah i cry

See my friend.

There are things you are missing here. Important things. Now, we are trying our hardest to get things done, even now Cheeky is tidying up code in the server and this is at 20 to 12 at night. We cant always keep to deadlines and time scales because, as people have seen, us pushing boundaries always something to **** it up and we have to learn what went wrong and learn from mistakes.

Now you also have the cheek to disrespect the DestinyAO Team. You have no right to do so, see like us, DestinyAO, Unleashed and DevilSoul, are pushing boundaries, trying to stop servers who just whack a new item name and some items stolen from other server wil files and stick it up anyone can do it. We could get a server up on a set of TD's files rename the items and say Meteora 2.3 300 New Item Names!!! A New Pet Rental system etc.

But so can uncle jim and his cat. The thing is, DestinyAO wasnt a lie, i suspect they worked really hard on it. And neither are we my friend. So you can go play your servers with your renamed items and things, while we and the rest of the Mir community try and come up with ways to make it better mate.

/Curt :chink:

Damian

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
then how is it your server had alot more people saying theyd play it but wen the server came up there was only 5 ppl on at max.. am not tryin to be a arse as i rly wanted to play it but it jus seemed like a euro clone with a few more maps n items.. sorry if i offended the server team

Damian

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
obviously i did smart @ss or i wudnt post here wud i?... if ur gonna be a **** about it simple fact is this server had high expectations but since it took so long to be brought up most other servers was the same.. so u have a few more npc's thn sum servers they make up for that by making there server fun n worth playing.. u have about 10 users on at peak times wich kinda proves my point whatever you say.. am not tryin to bring server down as chances are its not fully done yet but you shud acctually listen to ppl rather thn assume ur server is better then everything in existence.. end ov not gonna reply to this thread no more as ull only try n argue the point wen am tryin to help

Last edited:

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
Lol Mir ****ing Revenge, what an insult.

End of the day, its for other peoples enjoyment and if you enjoy it you do and if you dont you dont, were not in it to make cash, just make a game people enjoy :)

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
See my friend.

There are things you are missing here. Important things. Now, we are trying our hardest to get things done, even now Cheeky is tidying up code in the server and this is at 20 to 12 at night. We cant always keep to deadlines and time scales because, as people have seen, us pushing boundaries always something to **** it up and we have to learn what went wrong and learn from mistakes.

Now you also have the cheek to disrespect the DestinyAO Team. You have no right to do so, see like us, DestinyAO, Unleashed and DevilSoul, are pushing boundaries, trying to stop servers who just whack a new item name and some items stolen from other server wil files and stick it up anyone can do it. We could get a server up on a set of TD's files rename the items and say Meteora 2.3 300 New Item Names!!! A New Pet Rental system etc.

But so can uncle jim and his cat. The thing is, DestinyAO wasnt a lie, i suspect they worked really hard on it. And neither are we my friend. So you can go play your servers with your renamed items and things, while we and the rest of the Mir community try and come up with ways to make it better mate.

/Curt :chink:
then how is it your server had alot more people saying theyd play it but wen the server came up there was only 5 ppl on at max.. am not tryin to be a arse as i rly wanted to play it but it jus seemed like a euro clone with a few more maps n items.. sorry if i offended the server team

Thats coming from 1 of the people credited on the fileset you are now trying to "fix" ...

Dont get me wrong I HATE TD .. it takes 5 minutes of browsing these forums to find that out ...

But I also hate those who tell others somethings gunna happen and then dont follow through on their statements ...
Dont make me have to dig up the "pre-christmas release post" ... we all know its there ...

And dont talk to me about it being 11:40 at night ...

Its been 11:40 at night every night for the 7 months that you guys have been talking about Meteora ... take only 20 minutes of each of those nights and you have 70 hours of time ...

And i dont see how you have the cheek to tell me to go and "play my server with renamed items and things" ...

70 people applied to your closed Beta .. you advertised for months in advance , and right now your usercount is 0.
Our servers been up 40 Hours (24 of which had no client available) and has reached a 60 Usercount ...
And right now we have scripted more additions then you have hardcoded ...
I'm not trying to get into a Big d1ck contest here .. but lets face it .. until you provide something concrete .. mines bigger ...

Release Meteora and shut me up ... Or shutup going on about something that frankly I dont think will ever happen ...
If you cant fix the files just say so and open-source your work so someone with the ability can ...

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
obviously i did smart @ss or i wudnt post here wud i?... if ur gonna be a **** about it simple fact is this server had high expectations but since it took so long to be brought up most other servers was the same.. so u have a few more npc's thn sum servers they make up for that by making there server fun n worth playing.. u have about 10 users on at peak times wich kinda proves my point whatever you say.. am not tryin to bring server down as chances are its not fully done yet but you shud acctually listen to ppl rather thn assume ur server is better then everything in existence.. end ov not gonna reply to this thread no more as ull only try n argue the point wen am tryin to help

Granted 10 users peak times, because its in closed beta and there is going to be a wipe. Even i think, whats the point in playing, its up for stability tests and for people to come and have a nose around.

When we do get it up we hope people explore it a bit more than you obviously have done as a Euro Clone or Mir Revenge is extremely far off the description i would give it.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Granted 10 users peak times, because its in closed beta and there is going to be a wipe. Even i think, whats the point in playing, its up for stability tests and for people to come and have a nose around.

When we do get it up we hope people explore it a bit more than you obviously have done as a Euro Clone or Mir Revenge is extremely far off the description i would give it.

What description would you give it ???

MMORPG with 7 peak usercount????
NONEXISTANT Userbase????
Unreliable Server Team????
Pre-Christmas Release???? <--- we've seen this 1 before ...

every time I post in this thread i just HAVE to add this ... :

Fix the files and Release Meteor .. and shut me up ... or you shut up ^_^'

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
Right as entertaining as this is it's really not helping anything. If you could just leave the thread for updates to the server that would be grand.

Peace. x

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
Go Dookie, go Dookie, go Dookie; it's your birthday.

On topic though, keep up the good work server team, brill server :D

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
Update:

images14gv7.jpg

• Magic System - Coded and 100% working.
  • Guild Emblem System - Re-Coded and 100% working.
  • Interface Updates - Main one being the chat box can now be hidden.
  • Storage Fixed

- Lind

Last edited:

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
A comment from me - I'm the programmer behind the server in terms of client and server exes.
I have limited time but the time I do have I put into developing the server.
I have had to overhaul many aspects of the server that people won't get to see in order to add new functions and fix old bugs.
A lot of new content has been added - most of which you won't find until it goes live and it WILL go live.
I've just finished programming the new magic screen and fixed a storage bug.
Nothing of great importance left to do - just need to get a working set of files together for release.
Of course there will be small bugs left in the client - not everything can be hammered out. I know some will say HOW? with the time we have spent on it. But as many server owners will know - what appears to be simple bugs actually require alot of programming.
There will be releases of new exes every two weeks with new features and bug fixes once it is live.
Hope this answers some of the questions being asked.
It will be a server worth waiting for - we don't claim to be the best and that's not what I, as a developer, is going for. I aim to produce a set of files that the meteora team can create a unique playing experience with,

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
The development team have agreed that the files are finally in a good enough state to provide a stable gaming environment, so we have decided to set a date for live launch.

We will be opening the sever to the public on Saturday 23rd February at around 12pm, and bar any huge bugs that we have missed (Which i doubt there will be) it will be full steam ahead.

A full client will be made available for download over the next few days, there will also be a patch made available to bring all beta tester clients up to date.

Please check the server forums as it will be update a lot more often than here! www.globegaming.co.uk

We hope to see you in game this Saturday!

- Lind

Kefka

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2004
Good to hear been waiting for this server for awhile looks like it will be worth the wait.