Meteora 2 Point 3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

BrAp

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 1, 2008
Mate... you chat about "Half decent server" If your so ****ing good go ****ing make your own you ****ing ******. You really have no ****ing clue of what effort lind and the team has put into this server do you ? I'm sure he would not want it label'd "HALF DECENT" Jesus,

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Mate... you chat about "Half decent server" If your so ****ing good go ****ing make your own you ****ing ******. You really have no ****ing clue of what effort lind and the team has put into this server do you ? I'm sure he would not want it label'd "HALF DECENT" Jesus,

Lol.
I know linds being work on it nearly a year.
But it has to be said, the interface is a bag of ****.
And completly spoils it.
it looks nothing like mir, looks like a new game i wouldnt play.
I would make my own server, But SQL Sucks, and i frankly havnt got the time to learn to use it.
haveing a social life and working 6 days a week.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Dont like it? Then Jog on..

What makes you think he'll even consider changing it because you want him to?
Tosser.

/Gandi

Keep up the good work Lind, look forward to giving this a good go when it gets here.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Hey all,

Just thought i'd update the good people of LOMCN with what’s happening over at Meteora HQ! And to tell you not to worry we're not dead. :P

Firstly a little history.... :P

The server has been hosted on a dedi server in Holland since August last year, this was so all members of the team could access the files and add things ready for closed beta. We started closed beta middle of September, we used this period to balance all the item, monster and experience statistics. Closed Beta was conducted on thedeaths 2.3 emulation files because are files were far to buggy to allow players on. We then moved into Open Beta and onto our files, unfortunately all the offline work we'd been doing wasn't quite up to scratch and a lot more bugs were found. The server has been online pretty much 24/7 since starting Open Beta and the team have been working on fixing bugs and adding in quest ready for live.

Where we are now....

We been through our bug list (100+ bugs, was a pretty big list :P ) and belive we have been pretty successful in eradicating most of them. We currently only have two more large bugs to fix and then we will start thinking about a live release. As well as plugging through our bug list we have added some nice new features. Here are some screenshots of what’s happening on the server at the moment.

Images09.jpg

You'll notice under the screenshot information we had the idea of adding NPC faces to all the NPC texts. The weapon in this screenshot is one that i have made from scratch using Photoshop.

Images10.jpg

This screenshot shows Valefor, the boss who live in TempleOfValefor in Lithium glades. He attacks like MK, but hits a lot harder. :P

Images11.jpg

This is Lithium Glades, one of the two new provinces that are incorporated into the lands of Meteora at the moment. We also have two more provinces made and ready to be added. Map made by myself.

Images23.jpg

This is the hazardous Netherstorm Rift. At the moment it is just and extra leveling area connected to Horizon City, but in future updates it will link Horizon City and one of the new provinces mentioned above. All maps made by me.

Images24.jpg

Horizon Forest links the two new provinces, Horizon City and Lithium Glades. The Horizon Forest maps were all made by me, there are 7 floors and two different routes between the two provinces. There are two bosses in Horizon Forest, one shown above.

Images25.jpg

Black Rock Cavern is located on the West island of Lithium Glades. It's a hunting area for players around the 38-40 level. It has 3 big floors, which were made by me using the PSC/PC tiles. Incubus, the boss in Black Rock Cavern is a group boss and is pictured above.

Images26.jpg

Horizon City, the other new province. It is connected to Bichon via Ant Hill. Horizon has 4 leveling areas connected to it, Ant Hill (to BW), Horizon Forest (to Lithium), Netherstorm Rift, and Tenchu Temple. The entrance to Tenchu Temple is on an island West of the city and can only be accessed via a hidden underground passage.

Images27.jpg

Tenchu Temple KR. This hutting area is for levels between 33-38. The boss, TenchuNode, is killable with a small group of 2 or 3 38+ characters.
There are also two sub bosses in the KR for people that are not quite high enough to take on the Node!

Images28.jpg

This is our added stats feature. When you level up you are rewarded with stat points which you may use to increase any of your characters stats. We are still ironing out a few bugs with the numbering, but it all works just have to know your times tables :P

Images29.jpg

The name colour of the item indicates how rare it is (Grey < White < Green < Blue < Orange). All items (bar 8) in Meteora are new, we also have a few new item skins. There are no item "sets" so to speak, just a broad range of different items.

Images45.jpg

The above feature was added just two days ago. We have completely re-coded the magic system. You will now get a different icon for every level of your spell (Not quite finished yet). (Excuse the map that's a test client and doesn't have all the latest maps.)

So there is an insight into what’s happening with the server i hope you like the look of it. I know it's not been the fastest server development ever but the team and i have spent far to much money (I've spent £150 of my own cash on the dedi so far), effort and time for this server not to go up perfectly.

If you would like to try out the remainder of our Open Beta period please head over to our forums (www.globegaming.co.uk) and take a look at the download post in the Announcement section of our forums. There will be a wipe before the live launch of Meteora so don't put in to much effort, but just log in, look around, and leave some feed back. :)

We are still working on the server and we feel we are getting close to having everything working like we want them to, watch this space.... still. :P

- Lind

im REALLLLLY not trying to be a **** here ... but ...

The Only additions I can see there that arent possible in TheDeath's files is Magic Icons changing at lvl2 and lvl3 ..

Although Im sure a lot of people spend time looking at their Characters Magic level Screen , i Dont think it rlly needed that ... I mean if I could exchange that for classic interface , I would ... lol

7 months and the only thing hardcoded has been magic icons changing at lvl2 and 3 .. and it isnt even finished yet?

You guys arent saying something :S

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Nightscare, you really dont have a clue.

An interface is an interface, get used to it or simply dont play.

Davidshaw, they are building a server aswell as the server files, do you realise how it is to make a map the size of theirs bug free, they have many. Balancing and making the server look professional is also a hard job.

If your gunna add constructive critism, go for it, if your just gunna knock it for pointless reason, dont even bother.

Nightscare, in second thoughts, just go away you imature little brat. chew on some glass or something.

Towards the meteora team, the work you've done looks amazing, very professional and worth while. I thought you guys had given up, nice to hear some updates.

/Fecian

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
im REALLLLLY not trying to be a **** here ... but ...

.... you just can't help it? (I JOKE I JOKE!)

There's some stuff there: http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=550471&postcount=196, not to mention we've doubled the size of the standard 2.3 mir world. (And their not just "tele in from a npc in BW SZ caves" either.)

There is a lot more than shown in those screenies i can promise you.

- Lind

PS: Can people stop quoting that huge post please :P lol

Last edited:

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Davidshaw, they are building a server aswell as the server files, do you realise how it is to make a map the size of theirs bug free, they have many. Balancing and making the server look professional is also a hard job.

If your gunna add constructive critism, go for it, if your just gunna knock it for pointless reason, dont even bother.
/Fecian

I'm not knocking their server ..

I'm merely asking :

Is the only ADDITION hardcoded in 7 months an updated Magic Icon???

EDIT: Oh , even that doesnt need to be hardcoded ,
I can do that in TDs using QFunc Scripting and Magic DB Editing in about 15minutes ...

... Im asking what have they actually Hardcoded into the server except for the Mir3 Interface (a downgrade) ???

People keep saying their building the files .. Building consists of adding bricks , all i've seen is a Brick removed ( m2 the interface) and replaced with an uglier one ...?

I havent seen a single addition to Meteora that cant be added to TDs , Im merely asking why they bothered to go with a bugged set of files if they havent added anything ...???

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006
I'm not knocking their server ..

I'm merely asking :

Is the only ADDITION hardcoded in 7 months an updated Magic Icon???

EDIT: Oh , even that doesnt need to be hardcoded ,
I can do that in TDs using QFunc Scripting and Magic DB Editing in about 15minutes ...

... Im asking what have they actually Hardcoded into the server except for the Mir3 Interface (a downgrade) ???

People keep saying their building the files .. Building consists of adding bricks , all i've seen is a Brick removed ( m2 the interface) and replaced with an uglier one ...?

I havent seen a single addition to Meteora that cant be added to TDs , Im merely asking why they bothered to go with a bugged set of files if they havent added anything ...???
I can't help but wonder, did you actually bother to read Linds post on all the features?

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
I can't help but wonder, did you actually bother to read Linds post on all the features?

Yes I did , and I hate repeating myself :

But nothing in the above screenshots is impossible in TDs files ... Im asking what actual Hardcoding has been done that cudnt have been scripted into TDs ...

Thats all im aksing ... Just that ... people keep answering with stuff that isnt even relevent , yea ive seen all the features ... and for each 1 I can post a Script here that'd do the same thing , im ta;lking about HARDCODED additions that cannot be done via scripting ...

:fthrower:

BrAp

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 1, 2008

But nothing in the above screenshots is impossible in TDs files ... Im asking what actual Hardcoding has been done that cudnt have been scripted into TDs ...

Thats all im aksing ... Just that ... people keep answering with stuff that isnt even relevent , yea ive seen all the features ... and for each 1 I can post a Script here that'd do the same thing , im ta;lking about HARDCODED additions that cannot be done via scripting ...

:fthrower:

If your so good, love to see you make a server live up to this standards.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
If your so good, love to see you make a server live up to this standards.

whats this got to do with how "good" I am?

and live up to what standards ... 1 Usercount after 3 months of beta testing?

If its so good why arent you online right now? lol ...

Im just asking about the hardcoded additions not possible via scripting and people act as if i slapped the virgin mary ...

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004

So do i....

.... you just can't help it? (I JOKE I JOKE!)

There's some stuff there: http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=550471&postcount=196, not to mention we've doubled the size of the standard 2.3 mir world. (And their not just "tele in from a npc in BW SZ caves" either.)

There is a lot more than shown in those screenies i can promise you.

- Lind

PS: Can people stop quoting that huge post please :P lol

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006
whats this got to do with how "good" I am?

and live up to what standards ... 1 Usercount after 3 months of beta testing?

If its so good why arent you online right now? lol ...

Im just asking about the hardcoded additions not possible via scripting and people act as if i slapped the virgin mary ...
Just to add a few things to Linds stuff, the files are alot cleaner. Less crap all over show and everything is far more organised, well, should be, but theres EXEs all over show atm *blames lind :p*

Increased performance on the server itself.
Groups are currently coded to hold upto 50 people, not actually sure what its set at atm though.
Groups level up.
Dual spells.

Thats just a few, you will have to play to see the rest I guess.

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006
i agree,since they"v done everything there selfs,why cant they do there own interface lawl.
Was that an attempt to try and say we haven't done everything ourselves?

Why make an interface when one is already there, and the interface isn't just mir 3, its a mixture of mir 2 and mir 3.