Mir 4 Dev Log

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Update:

We are now at the Character Select Screen, The Error is telling us that the server side json files are missing data. In this case, it's the starter items the character is given when creating new characters that are causing the error. The source tells us exactly what the json needs to have, but obviously this is all a manual process and is going to take time. The second thing is that between the date of the source we have and when the client's were released, they switched to encrypting the packets. The encryption part has just been bypassed in the client.
Although the server source tells us the fields it wants to parse there is some trial and error involved with the values ect.

Just thought we'd give everyone an update.

View attachment 34115
View attachment 34116

A website for Registration is under way also, sneak peak below

View attachment 34117

Its missing Greedmade logo then an image of a person getting bent over and screwed well money falls out of there wallet.

Nah but seriously its looking good can't wait for the project to get to live testing stage.

• Love
Reactions: Jev

nxwile

LOMCN Rookie
Dec 29, 2023
Update:

We are now at the Character Select Screen, The Error is telling us that the server side json files are missing data. In this case, it's the starter items the character is given when creating new characters that are causing the error. The source tells us exactly what the json needs to have, but obviously this is all a manual process and is going to take time. The second thing is that between the date of the source we have and when the client's were released, they switched to encrypting the packets. The encryption part has just been bypassed in the client.
Although the server source tells us the fields it wants to parse there is some trial and error involved with the values ect.

Just thought we'd give everyone an update.

View attachment 34115
View attachment 34116

A website for Registration is under way also, sneak peak below

View attachment 34117

wow even getting to this stage in such a short time shows that you are more than successful, it is obvious that you and the whole team are making a lot of effort, it seems that the stage of opening a test server will be started shortly, thanks again for leading the way.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Extra small update, The Server Console now has the Crystal M2 AutoPatcherAdmin. Client patching hasn't been started yet but worth geting the foundation down.

View
The patching method is so horrible, is there nothing more recent and "open source" that can replace it? it's been like 10 years now.

99% of people disable archiving as it looks like it's just stalled and crashed on their system.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
The patching method is so horrible, is there nothing more recent and "open source" that can replace it? it's been like 10 years now.

99% of people disable archiving as it looks like it's just stalled and crashed on their system.
I did rip the autopatcher out tbf, We'll prob find a better way of patching clients.

EDIT: When it comes to Client side updates, Most of it is in a single pak file. rather than how mir 2/3 approached storing data.

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Is it possible to turn the auto stuff off and make it more like mir 2/3 with better graphics?

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Is it possible to turn the auto stuff off and make it more like mir 2/3 with better graphics?

I would guess that its possible to remove it but in doing so it may make the game a little more enjoyable for yourself and the stubbern people on lomcn but it would most likely have the opposite effect for people who played mir4 for a long time and all the people it could possibly bring to the forum, this is of course ignoring the amount of work it would create as you go from having to reworking rare drops on bosses to having to rework the entire drop for everything as well as altering the experience table to account for manual play as without auto most players would be lucky to reach level75 let alone 120+.

Auto may seem like a bad thing to the older crowd on here but its really not pretty much every p-server you have people running macros to afk level having it already intergrated just levels the playing field for everyone instead of the minority that use them. its also becoming a staple in most MMORPG's because it free's up people to enjoy themselves outside of the game or manage things like feeding and bathing children etc well having some progress.

Lastly Mir4 was never fully auto only noobs and whales fully auto'ed in any PVP manual was the way to go same with certain bosses, But a lot of the people on here never reached that point on offical version as because early on the game was easy going with progression so they got bored and quit thinking the entire game would be that.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Auto Play:

I don't see us going through the effort of stripping it out and I don't feel it would be fair to strip it from the source and then release said source.
Once the open source is released, then people can add/remove features as they please to suit the needs of their server.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Auto Play:

I don't see us going through the effort of stripping it out and I don't feel it would be fair to strip it from the source and then release said source.
Once the open source is released, then people can add/remove features as they please to suit the needs of their server.
I mean most server owners from mir3 can't even be bothered to fix dunes map onwards so what owner on lomcn is going to spend the time to remove this and fixs all the things it breaks. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I mean most server owners from mir3 can't even be bothered to fix dunes map onwards so what owner on lomcn is going to spend the time to remove this and fixs all the things it breaks. :LOL::LOL::LOL:
If people don't want to put the time into it, it sounds like their issue.

Reactions: Vyse

nxwile

LOMCN Rookie
Dec 29, 2023
I would guess that its possible to remove it but in doing so it may make the game a little more enjoyable for yourself and the stubbern people on lomcn but it would most likely have the opposite effect for people who played mir4 for a long time and all the people it could possibly bring to the forum, this is of course ignoring the amount of work it would create as you go from having to reworking rare drops on bosses to having to rework the entire drop for everything as well as altering the experience table to account for manual play as without auto most players would be lucky to reach level75 let alone 120+.

Auto may seem like a bad thing to the older crowd on here but its really not pretty much every p-server you have people running macros to afk level having it already intergrated just levels the playing field for everyone instead of the minority that use them. its also becoming a staple in most MMORPG's because it free's up people to enjoy themselves outside of the game or manage things like feeding and bathing children etc well having some progress.

Lastly Mir4 was never fully auto only noobs and whales fully auto'ed in any PVP manual was the way to go same with certain bosses, But a lot of the people on here never reached that point on offical version as because early on the game was easy going with progression so they got bored and quit thinking the entire game would be that.
I absolutely agree with you, the fully automated game system is often used in many games and thus prevents people from becoming a mutant zombie who is always in front of the computer :) Of course, joking aside, all users who want to play and develop the game cannot devote more than 2-3 hours a day to games due to work - education - family trips and many other reasons, so in games such as MMORPGs, instead of keeping users away from the game outside of these hours, of course, keeping them active in the game with automatic bots or helper-like macros is an effective way for every game developer or company, and at the same time, this situation allows for the emergence of a spirit suitable for the habitat of the game, such as slot fights in games. At the same time, maybe an addition can be made to the automatic bot system, which I have seen in the (Silkroad Online macro) system, users who are AFK can only earn 70% of the incoming exp rate while gaining exp in automatic mode, and at the same time, the rate of items from the drop was 30% less than the user playing manually, maybe such a system can be considered. After all, there should be a difference between a user who actively plays the game and a player who is AFK for 20 hours a day and auto-saves.

Reactions: Vyse

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
there sorta is downsides to auto over manual already as take magic square and secret peaks best places to level but if you auto your spell casting and auto movements aren't as good as if you manually did it many people tested this on global and you could earn almost double that you got using the auto farming.

Its why most players would manually hunt MS, SP, and later on dominance server because auto wasn't as good but when they were in general field auto was used. Same in PVP the spells order of casting couldn't be set so you could throw out all your CC on a target already CC'ed wasting them or use buffs or healing at the wrong time. All high level player will tell you using auto in PVP is just a way to get yourself killed against an opponent of around 20-30k ps difference.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Update:

After re-doing the Client Launcher a few weeks back and seeing how the plain white winform makes me shiver, I've re-done the Server Console.

It's back up to where the old one was but with a newer look and some extra features I didn't manage to get round to doing for the old one.

I'm still yet to add a database editor to the server console but one is being worked on and will be spliced into the Client Launcher/Server Console Source once it's done (will be baked into the server console). I also need to add the ability to view the logs but i'm going to do this alittle diffrently to how I did it on the old Server Console.

Enjoy :)

Old Server Console:

1709944512241.png

New Server Console:

1709944586059.png

View - GitHub

AngelRaguel

LOMCN Leecher
Feb 27, 2024
Update:

After re-doing the Client Launcher a few weeks back and seeing how the plain white winform makes me shiver, I've re-done the Server Console.

It's back up to where the old one was but with a newer look and some extra features I didn't manage to get round to doing for the old one.

I'm still yet to add a database editor to the server console but one is being worked on and will be spliced into the Client Launcher/Server Console Source once it's done (will be baked into the server console). I also need to add the ability to view the logs but i'm going to do this alittle diffrently to how I did it on the old Server Console.

Enjoy :)

Old Server Console:

View attachment 34175

New Server Console:

View attachment 34176

View - GitHub
Woow this is again a great step forwards , almost cant wait for release to see it working and see the customizable options in the server

Last edited:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Update:

Server Console:

-Database form added
-Config form added
-Shuffled around some directories to match source build structure

View

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex

What's left to do + future​

-Server Console

Database Form: DatagridView needs to be added and configured to work with any sql table we throw at it. More search options are needed.

Config Form: I should have this done by the end of the day.

-Client Launcher

This may be getting a complete overhaul in the coming days.

-Source​

So where are we at?
The server requires tons of JSON files that were either missing or not complete when the source was sent to us, These files are
crucial and is the reason we are stuck right before booting a character into the game. The team is working to get these created/edited/tested.

-Client​

Pak Tool:
Currently,the process of exporting/editing/repacking the Mir 4 Client's "Pak" file, this currently takes three separate tools which As I'm sure you can imagine is not only a ball ache but the programs being used were not made to handle the data that our pak file contains, Due to this, two of the programs crashes and are very temperamental.
We would prefer to have a single program that can do everything we need, creating one dedicated for the Mir 4 Client will allow us to edit
client's quicker and also make the process of editing more stable and easier.
A guide to the current process of Export/Edit/Repak can be found here: https://www.lomcn.net/forum/threads/client-export-edit-repak.111971/

-Website

Accounts: In the process of adding a email confirmation to account creation + password reset via email.

Tools: I have spoken with the owner of mir4tools.com and they have given us the source code for their website, they are happy
for us to use this to add their tools to our website. We will need to do this because once someone edits values like EXP/Crafting
in their Server, these tools will not be accurate anymore. I would like to thank Treffy (Mir4Tools Owner).

MirTracks: We will (down the line) create API's that will allow us to have a dedicated Mir Tracks for your Server.
This should contain; List of every player, level,gold,crafting levels etc.

This website will be made public in the future.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to just say thank you again to everyone who has helped <3 We are as excited as you guys are.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Tools: I have spoken with the owner of mir4tools.com and they have given us the source code for their website, they are happy
for us to use this to add their tools to our website. We will need to do this because once someone edits values like EXP/Crafting
in their Server, these tools will not be accurate anymore. I would like to thank Treffy (Mir4Tools Owner).
I wish someone would put the same effort in to mir2/3 :ROFLMAO: That website is awesome and its wasted on such a trash game.