MirBeta Online,

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Dibbyz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 23, 2004
labtec said:
Server is ok, just need something worth levelling for like new items or bosses. It was the community of mir that made it good all those years ago with a sense of exploration that everything was new, but with large provinces and less players than the original beta there needs to be at least something else to entice people to create a community and a 'market place'. I dont think enough people will join if there isn't any additional features implemented because people will get bored very easily. Good work so far though.

Exactly what ive been saying

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
labtec said:
Server is ok, just need something worth levelling for like new items or bosses. It was the community of mir that made it good all those years ago with a sense of exploration that everything was new, but with large provinces and less players than the original beta there needs to be at least something else to entice people to create a community and a 'market place'. I dont think enough people will join if there isn't any additional features implemented because people will get bored very easily. Good work so far though.

Good work? he hasnt done any work apart from adjust the exp, take the minimaps out and thats about it. But i agree with what else you have said.
This server with the amount of players is has now is no good with what has actually been done to the server at the moment. to make this server gud you need to add, pb/psc/pt/BDD, i always enjoy bdd.
I think that not having atleast townteleports is a bit ridiculous, no im not lazy i do take the time to run, but when their is nowhere else to hunt, this back and forth motion through provinces gets rather boring. You need to add some new items/ hunting grounds, the ones myself and others have pointed out wud benefit the server. Now if you stopped putting more effort into your own character (Hydra) and actually read and think about wot people are saying and maybe get something done about it, your aim is not to have your character the highest level ingame, if anything it will all be for nothing as people will think becuase your a gm, he has had help from him. Your aim is to please your players, yes maybe you thought that alot of people will really enjoy this server, yes we will but this is as basic as any server cud be.

If you want to leave it as it is then ok, il wait for another server, but i am not the only one who is leaving, your user count is very low and i suggest if you want that to rise, you look at what people have suggested because they are what the server needs.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
TheMightyOne said:
Good work? he hasnt done any work apart from adjust the exp, take the minimaps out and thats about it. But i agree with what else you have said.
This server with the amount of players is has now is no good with what has actually been done to the server at the moment. to make this server gud you need to add, pb/psc/pt/BDD, i always enjoy bdd.
I think that not having atleast townteleports is a bit ridiculous, no im not lazy i do take the time to run, but when their is nowhere else to hunt, this back and forth motion through provinces gets rather boring. You need to add some new items/ hunting grounds, the ones myself and others have pointed out wud benefit the server. Now if you stopped putting more effort into your own character (Hydra) and actually read and think about wot people are saying and maybe get something done about it, your aim is not to have your character the highest level ingame, if anything it will all be for nothing as people will think becuase your a gm, he has had help from him. Your aim is to please your players, yes maybe you thought that alot of people will really enjoy this server, yes we will but this is as basic as any server cud be.

If you want to leave it as it is then ok, il wait for another server, but i am not the only one who is leaving, your user count is very low and i suggest if you want that to rise, you look at what people have suggested because they are what the server needs.

You are Impatient.

The reason i havnt added anything is becuase i wanted to get it playable asap so people dont need to wait a few days before they could play.

There will be items added but they wont be for the lower levels so, in my opinion my first point was the smarter move.

And just becuse i wanted to finish a Hunt i started before i Continued to work on the patch. you complained that i put my Charater before anything else.

Yes there will be new places but they wont be bdd psc pb etc. etc. and these will be added soon Along with the new items.

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
maybe i am impatient yes but i guess others are too.

well i hope that you add some other features into the game unless that user count wont go past 10, and if your wanting to have a market place, good hunts etc, because you will need to grp to kill bosses, it just wont happen.

so good luck.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
TheMightyOne said:
maybe i am impatient yes but i guess others are too.

well i hope that you add some other features into the game unless that user count wont go past 10, and if your wanting to have a market place, good hunts etc, because you will need to grp to kill bosses, it just wont happen.

so good luck.

what i dont Understand is, You know there will be a patch, You know your not high enough to use any of the items or enter the place. And yet You moan about there being nothing new.

There are already new places, you just need to find them. they are hidden

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
because it is very very boring just leveling in the basic places, running miles and miles to get there, then running out of pots, de'ing, finding your way back to the town with no minimap. potting up, running all the way back. it gets extremely boring, im not lazy i do run, but i also like to have fun when playing.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
TheMightyOne said:
because it is very very boring just leveling in the basic places, running miles and miles to get there, then running out of pots, de'ing, finding your way back to the town with no minimap. potting up, running all the way back. it gets extremely boring, im not lazy i do run, but i also like to have fun when playing.

so wheres the miles and miles long run?

Tip buy 3 rts 99% of the time ur less then 30 seconds run.

XXXXX

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jan 12, 2004
i presume being "mirbeta" you also dont have a spider patch?

also looking at the first post advertising the server all i see is no this no that, what does you're server actually have?

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
bw to mw is a fair run, if you dont know where you are going as there is no minimap, never have i had less than 30 seconds run.

your right there is no spider patch, server hasnt got anything at all. its meant for the "non lazy people" lol, people also would like a bit of fun too.

Haseebv

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
You have to understand mighty one, that although you want all these updates and patches and all of that, it will take time because it is just jamie developing the server on his own so unless you can help or want to help him shut up and stop winging

daydie

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Aug 26, 2004
the 1st tiem i played this... there hasnt been 1 bit off effort into it... ano its beta and tha but couldnt ya be arsed just to put a teleman into it and then put it up :P..

and is it any gud now?

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
lmao just him on his own, like what i am asking takes days and days, to add what people want. i.e bdd/psc/pt, although he said hes not having those, why i dont know as variation is always a good thing. to add these maps/mobs/ do a drop file with items wud take 1hour max if you set your mind to it, alot of things takes no time at all. do not tell me to stop winging as wot people are asking doesnt take alot of time at all, you just have to sit down and thing about what you are going to do.
i wud help with the server if he wants me to, thats his decision all he has to do is ask for some help.

You want some help jamie? i have all these patches/mobs/mapinfo/maps ready, all you have to do is ask and i shall send you them. or if solo is what you want them so be it. i will gladly team up with you if you like.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Ok my opinion on PI, PSC, PC, PT, BDD and PB.
These are what completely ruined euro mir in the leveling Aspect.
I will be using these maps But they wont Contain The mobs That are on Euro Mir.

On the Side note. I do not need Help from anyone that i do not trust.

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
a level of trust lol, what is there to need any trust, not like i would love to get hold of your server files haha!

but ok it is your server i shall not say anymore on the subject, do what you like.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
TheMightyOne said:
a level of trust lol, what is there to need any trust, not like i would love to get hold of your server files haha!

but ok it is your server i shall not say anymore on the subject, do what you like.

kk Right.

Another topic Any 1 have the link for the Objects.wil + tiles.wil etc etc for PB PT PSC PC and so on.

I use the search i find threads saying to use the search...

XXXXX

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jan 12, 2004
so it doesnt have spider patch so whats being said here is the server isn't even basic server files, the idea is to add to them, not take away from them.

the only reason beta was liked was because it was new and everyone was a noob back then, the actuall gameplay of that now is boring, the patches of euro mir have been great in my personal opinion and of course the exp got better for harder places to level in, why should exp be worse if the monsters are harder?

in all honesty i would rather pay 1 pound 50 per week for euro mir and level much faster for items that are more worthwhile on a server i know will still be there next week and has 100's of players on, than a server that has few players slow leveling and no features at all.

that being said he's the one hosting it, if jamie wants to have a server thats basic in every sense of the word thats his choice.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
XXXXX said:
so it doesnt have spider patch so whats being said here is the server isn't even basic server files, the idea is to add to them, not take away from them.

the only reason beta was liked was because it was new and everyone was a noob back then, the actuall gameplay of that now is boring, the patches of euro mir have been great in my personal opinion and of course the exp got better for harder places to level in, why should exp be worse if the monsters are harder?

in all honesty i would rather pay 1 pound 50 per week for euro mir and level much faster for items that are more worthwhile on a server i know will still be there next week and has 100's of players on, than a server that has few players slow leveling and no features at all.

that being said he's the one hosting it, if jamie wants to have a server thats basic in every sense of the word thats his choice.

Its like marmite, You either love it or you hate it.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
tbh this server will always go downhill untill you update it, you've basicly opened a private server with not even 1/4 of mir in it... I remember playing mir in its beta and the feeling was alot diff to this server because of the fact everything was new and noones done it b4...

i remember the first time i ever went to Bichon Mines in beta everyone thought that was the best thing since sliced bread lol