elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Doesn't the title give it away?

NEW TEMPLE

Learn to read?:P

ZT is an existing temple. Therefore, by him saying NEW, kinda gives the impression that this isn't a carry on for ZT.
The fact he's made a lobby map also tells me that it isn't ZT.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
@ Elohel, im not trying to take a dig at you, if i wanted to have a dig at you i wouldnt go about it in this way, id be much more blunt. Im simply saying how can you say a map is bad because it looks like an original mir2 map, its the same tiles? Im not saying his map is original beacuse its not, it is how you said similar to ZT, i was simply trying to point out its very hard to make a map that is 'Original' unless you know how to make new objects and tiles, Im in no way trying to start an arguement with you, i respect your opinion i was simply stating what i thought.

scottishhero

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 17, 2003
Glasgow, scotland
Doesn't the title give it away?

NEW TEMPLE

Learn to read?:P

ZT is an existing temple. Therefore, by him saying NEW, kinda gives the impression that this isn't a carry on for ZT.
The fact he's made a lobby map also tells me that it isn't ZT.

Still doesn't mean it should have nout to do with ZT tho, that's all i'm saying.

BDD has similar tiles to ZT so no need to be overly critical of it.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Havn't once said that hias work is bad.

Already said this 2 post's above. It's purely because, as you said, the map looks a lot like ZT... but it isn't ZT. IMO, if you are going to make a new temple all together, don't try and copy 1 which is already existing.

It doesn't mean it should have nout to do with ZT, exactly what I'm saying. If anything, you should access this new 'temple' via ZT. But the way ThreeHeroes has put it across, to me, seems like it's a completely seperate temple.

BDD barely resembles ZT to me. Where as his new temple screams ZT at me.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
i like the map

i await to see the other floors... can i sugest if ur keepin the map that size, make it 5 floors?

ill be usin them in a server i think if the rest of floors are good

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
I honestly have no idea how you can say that reminds you of ZT. Ye the walls are the same, but it dont have the same layout. Plus aint every new cave/temple in private servers the same as another euro cave..

Will work on a few more floors 2night, seeing as ive got a bit of smoke :)

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Hmm lemme see, apart from the fact that every single tile you have used in there originally comes from ZT (I think), you have even copied the ZT 'feel' with the 'box room's' surrounding the main hall.

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
Hmm lemme see, apart from the fact that every single tile you have used in there originally comes from ZT (I think), you have even copied the ZT 'feel' with the 'box room's' surrounding the main hall.

lol, so now we aint even ment to use the same tiles ?? What do u suggest then ?

2nd floor is looking kinda good i thinks :P lets hope it all goes to plan ^.^

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
Well im off to sleep, heres the start of 3rd floor. Has quite alot more to add onto it tho, so hard to see the final outcome.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
lol, so now we aint even ment to use the same tiles ?? What do u suggest then ?

2nd floor is looking kinda good i thinks :P lets hope it all goes to plan ^.^

I think he means explore your use of the box rooms. make your own ones, bigger, smaller, different shapes. Not the bog standard mir set. (shapes which work though, not a boxy 50 sided shape)

Heere is a task build me a 3 floor WT Themed map.

Hone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 10, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I think he means explore your use of the box rooms. make your own ones, bigger, smaller, different shapes. Not the bog standard mir set. (shapes which work though, not a boxy 50 sided shape)

Heere is a task build me a 3 floor WT Themed map.

When was the last time you released a map? I think it's a bit grand having a go at someone for what you are. If he was merely "showing them off" for praise then fair enough, slate him cos they're not the best. But at least he's releasing them.

Also it's not easy to make a completely "unique" cave/temple when the tiles are so limited. They're nearly always going to look similar due to the fact they're made from the same tiles.

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
Up and working on 3rd floor atm, will finish that one off. Then move onto 4th floor, and then the path that leads to KR.

Also i would like to say, all these maps are going to be used in my server. So they have been made the way i like maps, a bit different.

I aint going to moan at the people digging at my maps, or the way they resemble (ZumaTemple).. But i will say, if you dont like it that im using ZumaTemple walls, make me a new set of objects, and tiles. And il quite happily sit there for 2 hours making a nice new cave/temple. But you cant do it, so dont moan when i use them..

@Smavid: If i made a 3 floor map WoomaTemple style, wouldnt i jave the same problem as what im having now.. People moaning that it looks simular to WoomaTemple ? And Im working on a cave after ive finished this temple up. Then making a LMS island.

Last edited:

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
Maps always look better ingame than they do in .bmp

keep up good work starting to look better now

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
Maps always look better ingame than they do in .bmp

keep up good work starting to look better now

Thanks :) Been a while since ive made maps. But hopefully with time, we can get a few nice maps released for the community.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
If you can't except criticism don't post ffs.

Not everyone is going to like your work.

& Smavid pretty much cleared that 1 up. You have tried to make the temple look exactly like ZT... which I personally don't like.

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
O.o If you dont like his work dont post ?

no wonder the mapping section keeps dieing

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
If you can't except criticism don't post ffs.

Not everyone is going to like your work.

& Smavid pretty much cleared that 1 up. You have tried to make the temple look exactly like ZT... which I personally don't like.

You always have been 1 allmighty prick aint you tbh lol, like jam said if you dont like what ur seeing close the page and go to sleep.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
so what your saying is only post if u like the map? yeah because thats how it works. the map sucks, get over it. if you cant accept the critism ppl are giving you you'll never be able to make decent maps.

in answer to ijams post, the map section isnt dieing because ppl voice their opinions of bad maps. its dieing because the releasers cry when someone has a bad comment about their map.

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
so what your saying is only post if u like the map? yeah because thats how it works. the map sucks, get over it. if you cant accept the critism ppl are giving you you'll never be able to make decent maps.

in answer to ijams post, the map section isnt dieing because ppl voice their opinions of bad maps. its dieing because the releasers cry when someone has a bad comment about their map.

Well ye that is what im saying, he has made over 5-6 posts now stating the same thing each time. There is no need to keep posting bad comments about my maps, if you dont like them. Say it once, and move on...