PC Shop Open?

smoochy boys on tour

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Whenever I have a fairly expensive ($250+ USD) computer component that I no longer have a need for I sell it on ebay with worldwide shipping as an option.

Why? Because oversea's get's ramrodded on prices and I can sell whatever I have fast.

So, that got me thinking. Why don't I open an international shop? Nothing fancy, mainly operating out of ebay auctions and personal sales, everything through paypal.

If anyone is interested send me a PM about what you're looking to buy and I can get a price.

My policy is basically paypal only (unless something else can be arranged) and 7 day DOA return.

To give an example of what I can offer:

ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING

Opteron 165 s939 CPU OEM

-Regular UK Price: 240~ pounds

-My Price: 190~ pounds

And occasionally I would get time sensitive special deals like this:

X1900 XTX

Regular UK Price: 360~ pounds

My Price: 300 pounds

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bundle deals will be the cheapest overall.

For example:

Opteron 165, Epox motherboard, 2x512MB ram, x1900xtx

UK price from komplett: 750 pounds plus shipping

My Price with better ram and cooling: 610 pounds shipped.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

What I won't sell: cheap stuff, ram, cdrom drives, etc.

Let's be honest, I'm not doing charity work here. If I can make a profit and you can get **** cheaper then so be it.

Last edited:

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
If you could ship stuff to Estonia, i'd definately buy something, like a new videocard. If you have a used x1900xt or something then i'd buy it, but 300 pounds is still too much to me ><.

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
Seems like a good idea but UK buyers (at least, not sure about other countries) have the chance of getting stung with Import VAT and Customs duty. Read this page for more info.

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
Not interested atm, but in the future I may be looking for a new mobo and graphics card. I'll give you a shout then.

Very good idea though.

EDIT: CPU not mobo :P.

Last edited:

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
For the people that MSN'd me I was sleeping, so if you have a question the best way is PM and I'll respond ASAP.
v
As for products, I'm trying to keep it cpu's,motherboards, and videocards, the more expensive things. This way the price for you is cheaper than the UK substantially.

The only time I'm going to sell ram or anything else is in bundles.

Avicarno

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2006
urban ill be soon needing a setup are the things cheaper from you or aria???

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Avicarno said:
urban ill be soon needing a setup are the things cheaper from you or aria???

It depends on what you need.

CPU/GFX wise I'm always cheaper than komplett/aria/oc uk.

SPECIAL DEALS

ATI X1900 XT
-Brand New
-All Cables Included
-
Accelero X2 INCLUDED and INSTALLED for FREE (or stock cooler, your choice)
http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=90

According to Overclocker's UK the cooler costs 24 pounds (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Arctic_Cooling.html) and the card costs on average 340 pounds (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/X1900_Series.html).

So, if you bought this in the UK it would cost you roughly 360+ pounds plus shipping.

MY price? 300 pounds SHIPPED.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire X1900 XTX
-Brand New
-All Cables Included

Komplett/OC UK Price? 375 pounds plus shipping

My price? 320 pounds shipped.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to sell this fast to help pay for some FX-60's.

Last edited:

konnichiwa

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 26, 2003
The reason the prices are higher is because tax is already applied. The goods will be more expensive if you buy them from the states.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
konnichiwa said:
The reason the prices are higher is because tax is already applied. The goods will be more expensive if you buy them from the states.

Actually, even BEFORE VAT the UK prices are higher than ours WITH tax.

After VAT it get's even worse obviously.

CPU's and Videocards are drastically cheaper if purchased from me.

HunterrrR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2006
Just want to say something for those who are thinking of buying, its what i went though when i ordered a psp from china, im not sure its the same but i had to pay 40pounds just for the shipping, to be received, i didnt call them i had to go to ROMFORD basically another noob town, and as i live in London i had to take cab, etc cost me an extra 25pounds. I could of just waited but PARCEL FORCE are slow as hell. Oh and the vat was 26.00 parcel force "delivery" charge although they delivered nothing was 14.00.

And i think all of imports go though the same company more or less, as the guy sent it throw EMS airmail and parcel force occupy with imports i think as they are a part of royal mail? not sure though.

Avicarno

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2006
ok urban ill talk to you on msn or sumthing. Do sum orders :P

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
HunterrrR said:
i didnt call them i had to go to ROMFORD basically another noob town

You only said that because it's where I live :(.

Anyway, if they look gift wrapped, they often don't charge for import.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
HunterrrR said:
Just want to say something for those who are thinking of buying, its what i went though when i ordered a psp from china, im not sure its the same but i had to pay 40pounds just for the shipping, to be received, i didnt call them i had to go to ROMFORD basically another noob town, and as i live in London i had to take cab, etc cost me an extra 25pounds. I could of just waited but PARCEL FORCE are slow as hell. Oh and the vat was 26.00 parcel force "delivery" charge although they delivered nothing was 14.00.

And i think all of imports go though the same company more or less, as the guy sent it throw EMS airmail and parcel force occupy with imports i think as they are a part of royal mail? not sure though.

But... what does any of that have to do with me.