PC Shop Open?

Join Discord

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Grrrr, PayPal is taking the friggin' pish!

I've added and verified card, but havn't added or verified a bank account; can I just pay with the verified credit card? How do I do this please, would appreciate it greatly if someone'd help in the next 3 hours so I can get Urban's money to him on time leik :/

Turin

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Demonic said:
Question, would you rather go to a Online Site in the UK and get 1 Years Guarantee if things go wrong, Items arrive in a few days and even a telephone number to ring for support

---or--

Buy from somebody off a Forum to shave a couple of Quid off the price and get a 7 Day RMA, be liable for Import Tax and god knows what else....

Answers on a postcard..

Well, actually, they are going to an online site in the UK, it's called paypal :) And they don't need even need a paypal account, they go through paypal through a secure checkout :)

Also, I ship within 2 business days and the item arrives within 4-7 days :)

My prices are also not a 'couple of quid' less, unless you consider 50+ quid (average CPU discount) a 'couple of quid' :D

Oh, and FYI, my warranty is always a minimum of 6 months, and usally 3 years or a lifetime :)

Now that's your done *****ing demonic, don't post in my thread again.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
I'm obliged to add ++ cred to Urban's shop: quick service/on hand help; I just ordered a Opteron 165 at £60 less than shop prices (inclusive of VAT/postage). The only thing I am worried about is the posibility of paying 15% Import Tax and + 4.5% VAT followed by IRV Customs ... *shivers*... but hopefully the trick'd work.

Out of curiosity Urban, what are you going to put on the export form as the content of the envelope? If they discover its not a gift/worth a lot, I've got hell to pay, literally lol. I really hope it don't get crushed or damaged too :(

Turin

ps - there's me and my x9 multipliers though XD (inside joke)

Last edited:

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Turin said:
I'm obliged to add ++ cred to Urban's account; I just ordered a Opteron 165 at £60 less than shop prices (inclusive of VAT/postage). The only thing I am worried about is the posibility of paying 15% Import Tax and + 4.5% VAT followed by IRV Customs ... *shivers*... but hopefully the trick'd work.

Out of curiosity Urban, what are you going to put on the export form as the content of the envelope? If they discover its not a gift/worth a lot, I've got hell to pay, literally lol. I really hope it don't get crushed or damaged too :(

Turin

ps - there's me and my x9 multipliers though XD (inside joke)

I'm not sure yet.

I'm pretty sure everything will be alright.

The CPU's underside (where the pins are) is on top of a soft packing materital all snuggled inside a plastic case and in the padded envelope that is more than enough protection.

EDIT, That's your CPU lol, that's a broken s754 from my desk.

Attachments

• noname222.jpg
    noname222.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Made me cringe for a second :P

Alright m8, I've been thinking overnight, and I just remembered you're not packing any cooling. So I was wondering if you could offer me some help in choosing a good (but hopefully cheap, almost skint) heatsink/fan combo. Zalman's one are awesome, and I was wondering if they'd fit onto the AsRock. Also, with no particular knowledge of how hard-drives work; will my HDD, with the IDE cable work on this board?

Plus, one last favour would be, if I could ask you to help me chose a graphic card (preferably PCI-E), for about... say... £60-£90 ($90-$160)? Something that could run all current/some future games at atleast midrange-high. I won't be buying it till around the summer holidays (starting 4th of July) so I'll be sticking with my FX5200 which can still run battlefield 2, call of duty 2, age of empires III etc with playable settings, minus the eyecandy.

Thank you,
Turin

ps - the equipment doesn't have to be from your shop, but if you have any good deals, I would definately consider. ;)

pps - forgot to mention I will definately be overclocking.

Last edited:

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Turin said:
Made me cringe for a second :P

Alright m8, I've been thinking overnight, and I just remembered you're not packing any cooling. So I was wondering if you could offer me some help in choosing a good (but hopefully cheap, almost skint) heatsink/fan combo. Zalman's one are awesome, and I was wondering if they'd fit onto the AsRock. Also, with no particular knowledge of how hard-drives work; will my HDD, with the IDE cable work on this board?

Plus, one last favour would be, if I could ask you to help me chose a graphic card (preferably PCI-E), for about... say... £60-£90 ($90-$160)? Something that could run all current/some future games at atleast midrange-high. I won't be buying it till around the summer holidays (starting 4th of July) so I'll be sticking with my FX5200 which can still run battlefield 2, call of duty 2, age of empires III etc with playable settings, minus the eyecandy.

Thank you,
Turin

ps - the equipment doesn't have to be from your shop, but if you have any good deals, I would definately consider. ;)

pps - forgot to mention I will definately be overclocking.
How much do you want to spend.

Yes.

By that time the prices will have changed so I'll just recommend something when you're ready.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
£20 max m8, which is around $36. =)

Ok @ the graphic card and HDD.

Turin

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Funny, I had that bookmarked. One question though, it looks kind of large (like the Zalman) and I'm thinking it probably won't fit or intrude into the RAM socket area. (12cm tbh)!

Also, do you think PC world might sell something similar to that m8, or anything equally as good? I really don't want to spend £8ish on delievery for no reason =/

Turin

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
=) Done.

I'll be on a laptop when it arrives, hope you can instruct me on the install m8, if its not too much of a problem. (Of course, the packaging would explain most of it, but if you could give me some tips per your experience).

Turin

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Ragnar said:
I'd like to give my thumbs up to that product aswell.

Coming from the stock A64 3000+ cooling to that, the temp dropped about 12C and it is so damn silent!

One thing you should do though, if you have some sort of thin crappy socket bracket, you should get it replaced. Mine broke after a few months of having that AC on.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not too sure if the AsRock has a thin crappy socket bracket
though lol, it hasn't arrived yet, but here's a picture:
asrock939jpg5ve.gif

=)

I'm curious as to what the yellow bracket above the PCI-E x16 slot is for? I heard somewhere its for a possible AMD X2 upgrade?

Last edited:

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Well, it's sort of thin =p.

I've heard that AC freezers come with nice strong brackets. I'd strongly suggest you use the bracket which comes with your cooler.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
[EDIT]

Fixed, called customer services and they said its probably because of system delays and the fact that I entered the number so fast (repeating it three times within 10 mins) that a temporary block was placed on my internet banking -_-

Turin

Last edited:

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
So First post of £190?? I thought the price might have changed since...