Phantom Mir 3 - Closed Beta

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2012
Silly GM worried about me logging in and getting 30k during closed beta so delvled my chars, gave it 1000+ pk points and tele'd to penal
now i have a ready ip ban for live ;)
was nice playing, goodluck with server ;D

P.S. lol you take a joke to seriously ;)

I sat and watched you login 4 times and each time you didn't report the issue with the newuser script, yes it is this that is causing it. I then left it until you came back on (Which was roughly an hour or so) and no post on here or any pm's to notify me. So the gold was removed from your account by DarkMage, you then abused DarkMage who then gave you 9000pk points and moved you to penal for this. You clearly exploited the faulty script and didn't report it. So yes, once the server does go live you will be banned instantly. I'm not working on a server for it to be exploited, the whole point of beta testing is to help me find these bugs and you've done none of that.

On a good note, I've now put the server to open beta. The experience rate on the server is now x16 and it will stay like this. All the other rates are currently on x1, but I will increase this over the next few weeks. I'm just watching to see how fast it will populate the server with items and gold at it's current rate and will change it. Will be adding in some of the new kits tonight and they willl drop from the new hunting areas hopefully from the reboot tomorrow. They will not have any stats on them, but I want you guys to help decide on them.

I will be on server doing a bit of scripting, just updating the current NPC's in towns. So any questions either give me or DarkMage a shout.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I sat and watched you login 4 times and each time you didn't report the issue with the newuser script, yes it is this that is causing it. I then left it until you came back on (Which was roughly an hour or so) and no post on here or any pm's to notify me. So the gold was removed from your account by DarkMage, you then abused DarkMage who then gave you 9000pk points and moved you to penal for this. You clearly exploited the faulty script and didn't report it. So yes, once the server does go live you will be banned instantly. I'm not working on a server for it to be exploited, the whole point of beta testing is to help me find these bugs and you've done none of that.

lmao an hour, it was within 5-10minutes darkmage delvled me, took my gold and sent my to pk island.. i think someone is telling porkies ;)

Last edited:

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
Updated first post

Need to add pets level 3 too an NPC.. pets don't level as they die and are respawned..
Also, Tao pets might need changing :D bone familar sucks, shinsoo is best :D even tho Jin is the higher level pet.

And maybe you can make the walking speed of BoneFamilar, Jinskele faster.. they walk super slow.

Myth

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 1, 2006
Accrington
Silly GM worried about me logging in and getting 30k during closed beta so delvled my chars, gave it 1000+ pk points and tele'd to penal
now i have a ready ip ban for live ;)
was nice playing, goodluck with server ;D

P.S. lol you take a joke to seriously ;)

not being funny but closed beta or not... u was exploiting a bug... whole point of beta is to report them joking or not...

can see this server being a good 1, x16 is best server rates for mir3!

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
not being funny but closed beta or not... u was exploiting a bug... whole point of beta is to report them joking or not...

can see this server being a good 1, x16 is best server rates for mir3!

isn't this one x8??

/ZerkerTao

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
These are not a priority at the moment, as not hard to sort out.

To the Taos of the server it should be,, As you say it "shouldn't take long" then
You can do it really fast.. As i've seen nothing really added except the 1 level 70 wizz kit, a few armors..
Nothing new Cave wise.

Phantom

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2012
There is more to be done than just adding in the caves, I've go to create the mobs for the caves, create the drop files for the mobs, test the strength of the mobs and so on and so on and bearing in mind, that I've only been using these files for just over a couple of week, then things are going to take time. This server at the moment is only in the testing stages and is developing every day, but I'm also working during the day as well. So I do have to divide my time over my family as well as the server and they are a priority. Things are getting done, you just need to be patient while I work, server isn't live yet and still being worked on.

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
There is more to be done than just adding in the caves, I've go to create the mobs for the caves, create the drop files for the mobs, test the strength of the mobs and so on and so on and bearing in mind, that I've only been using these files for just over a couple of week, then things are going to take time. This server at the moment is only in the testing stages and is developing every day, but I'm also working during the day as well. So I do have to divide my time over my family as well as the server and they are a priority. Things are getting done, you just need to be patient while I work, server isn't live yet and still being worked on.

hmm, you have a point..
Maybe get someone more experienced to help you?

gargus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2004
Servers looks nice, I play both as a wiz and a tao. Here are my suggestions:

As a wiz I think some areas need more mobs (ants, PFN, PT, ZT, BP)

As a tao: XL and XXL talis/poisons of all kinds (XL to be something like 5k/5k and XXL to be accessible for lvl 80+ and have twice or trice of XL) shin and jin be shitty as they are (just increase their speeds) but jinshin become lvl 50 book/pet and then have some smart choices for pets for every 10-15 lvls (not to crazy about it)

As for warriors: I'm not quite sure why their skills cost 10x of that of wiz and tao (I was asked that question by a warrior friend). Is it because they have half of the amount of skills?

I'm not talking about new places as I've read they're being worked on;)

Phantom

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2012
Thank you Gargus.

Just to update you a little on what's happening with the server, as from today the server is being taken offline (for about 2/3 days), this is due to adding in certain things. I should have completed the new worlds and hunting area, added in the mobs and drop files for them. Fully working OuterWorld NPC with upgrade system, added in all the new kits.

The stable will be back up and running, there will be a time delay added to when you can sell your horse, as people have been exploiting the quick sell and gaining more than 3x the sale price. Rates will be set ready for the server going live and all accounts are being wiped for the next stage of testing. When you log back in on your account, you will be level 50 with full kit for your level and class.

Server Rates:
Experience Rate x 16
Gold Rate x 2
Mon Rate x 2
Item Rate x 2

I'm also hoping to get the client sorted and uploaded as well in the next few days, so you will need my client from that point on.

/Phantom

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
phantom did you get that problem sorted when logging on? (get gold and healer every time)

i think you might have deleted the starterkit.txt from the envir folder or accidently changed some of the script in 00default.txt so it dont put your name into the starterkit.txt, gl
only thing i can think of otherwise

Phantom

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2012
phantom did you get that problem sorted when logging on? (get gold and healer every time)

i think you might have deleted the starterkit.txt from the envir folder or accidently changed some of the script in 00default.txt so it dont put your name into the starterkit.txt, gl
only thing i can think of otherwise
I'm currently looking at that one now.

Myth

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 1, 2006
Accrington
Enjoyable server... this server is set out the way mir3 should be.
Only had 1 problem with it, has it seemed 50+ books droped more often than 40-50 books.
I think the rate is fine for mobs, if the spawns are to high for wiz they will just dominate server, from the time i played it, seemed nicely balanced... looking forward to seeing the new caves...

looking forward to it coming back up...

Phantom

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2012
Enjoyable server... this server is set out the way mir3 should be.
Only had 1 problem with it, has it seemed 50+ books droped more often than 40-50 books.
I think the rate is fine for mobs, if the spawns are to high for wiz they will just dominate server, from the time i played it, seemed nicely balanced... looking forward to seeing the new caves...

looking forward to it coming back up...
Cheers for the comment, it is very much appreciated. I've updated the first post with what has been done so far. As I pick up more about these files, the quicker things are fitting into place and it's helping me to build things contained within the server. If anyone has any ideas, then please let me know. As I am welcome to new ideas, that I've not all ready thought about.

/Phantom

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

I've updated the first post, with the current things that are completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.