skyrim

smoochy boys on tour

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
A manmoth is like lvl 40 so you wont be able to kill it at your lvl yet.

I still ain't found one of these terrifying abominations yet. :P

I know you can sell stuff to thieves guide but i haven't joined them yet.

Also if you get your speech to 100 and get all the perks in the left side (do not get the side which start with 25% cheaper to bribe guards or some crap) you can sell any item to any merchant anywhere, stolen or not. Also 100 speech is brilliant for making money, had 34 gold last night when I started and by the end I had 20,000 gold. Not bad for level 35.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
They are devloping a mod for skyrim so you can play with friends, i seen it a while ago but never posted, i watched a video and people were connecting and chatting but it looked buggy so not sure when it will be fully working.

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
They are devloping a mod for skyrim so you can play with friends, i seen it a while ago but never posted, i watched a video and people were connecting and chatting but it looked buggy so not sure when it will be fully working.

PC only i guess.

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Speech is so hard to lvl up.

1) Go to Riften.
2) Go to Black-Briar Meadery.
3) Find and speak to Ungrien at the counter.
4) Pick Tell me about Maven Black-briar.
5) Pick Here, now tell me the truth (Bribe).
6) Go back to the Tell me about Maven Black-briar question.
7) Pick Come on, get the truth off your chest (Persuade).
8) Repeat step 6

Basically bribe him then persuade him about 100 times after the first bribe.

I did the bribe, then just sat and pressed X (Or A or whatever confirm is on PC) for 15 mins as i watched TV. Came back and I was 6 levels higher with 99 speech. :P job done.

EDIT: About Skyrim and the Move/Kinect option to play...

Who in their right mind wants to play this game standing up for hours on end? Kinect and Move have potential in the right sort of games, this is not it. I watched the video and it seemed clumsy and annoying. Did he even hit anything when he pulled out his bow and arrows?

Am sorry but RPG's are meant to be played sitting down with a smoke and you have no intention of moving for the next 4-6 hours (or untill the coke makes you get up to pee). This just seems like a waste of the developers time and effort as I know no-one who would enjoy this game standing up.

Last edited:

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
That speech lvling up is basicly a exploit isn't it?

I don't want to do such things i want to play the game legit.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Is there any point in collecting food ingredients? I've cooked some stuff, but most of it gives crap health it just seems like a waste of space to me.

Oh and what's with all the books? More wasted space?

Last edited:

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Is there any point in collecting food ingredients? I've cooked some stuff, but most of it gives crap health it just seems like a waste of space to me.

Oh and what's with all the books? More wasted space?

Food is useless I have found. In my "General Stats" I have eaten 2 bits of food. Something that heals 2 HP and weighs more than a potion well that just seems stupid to carry it lol. And if you get your alchemy up and select the positive traits (potions you make are 25% more powerful) and combined with either "Krosis" or any alchemy +20% or more item makes your potions awesome. I used Krosis and a 22% alchemy necky and my "smallest" potions I make heal well over 50 hp now instead of 25.

I am currently collecting soul gems to make an enitre "Alch Set" as I call it to make super potions. :P Same with a "Smithing Set" aswell. Only problem is lack of greater or better soul gems. :(

Hahahaha, a mate of mine ruined a DragonPlate set by using petty soul gems on it and now it only has +1 of whatever he added to it. Mine is +22% to +26% added on mine. :P And this was before I had the perks to make what I add 25% more powerful so I now have two sets of DragonScale armour lol.

A little tip of how to level Alchemy (As I had no idea untill 3 days ago)

1. Eat one of each ingredient you have.
2. Go to any Alchemy store (Arcadias Couldron in Whiterun for example)
3. Buy every ingredient she has.
4. Eat anything you don't know what the item does.
5. Turn around and use the alchemy table.
6. Make everything you can.
7. Sell what potions/poisons you don't need or want.
Rinse and repeat as often as you like as 90% of the time I make a profit doing this from shops.

Also investing in a shop you intend to visit often is a good idea as it gives that shop owner more money for you to sell things for and gets you one step closer to being friends with that person. (once you are friends you will be able to take specific items from thier houses or workplaces.)

Books aren't useless, well most of them are but some do level skills. I collect books and fill my houses bookshelfs with them. But am a bit of a collector in these games. If it ain't nailed down am away with it.

Last edited:

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Level 52 almost 53. Just over 30 hours sunk into the game already and barely scratched the surface lol.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
I find the game really boring @50 since everything is piss easy.. I have to run around towns to find new quests.. Was really dissopointed how weak the 1st dragon was..

Also there's to many cheats which carn't get fixed >.<

But besides all that it isn't to bad.. Bit gay the dragon is a **** set.. Also you carn't get a dragon weapon..

-Ash

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
DragonScale is the best light armour I have found/made so far. Yeah a Dragon weapon would be kickass (no doubt look forward to that in a DLC pack).

I been very busy tonight leveling up Enchanting (67-100) once you know how it's brilliant. I can turn an iron dagger worth 10 gold into an awsome para-banish dagger worth almost 2000.

I made myself an "Alch-set" giving me at the moment +75% to potions I make, it will be 100% once I make a necklace lol.

At 100 enchanting the perk gives you the ability to put two enchantments onto one item. Gloves with 40% one handed attack and 40% archery bonus. And boots. :<3

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
I just can't get back into it.
I will have to start again to get back into it.

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
I'm currently trying to make 1mil gold for the trophy. I have about 60-70 enchanted daggers worth between 1200 and 2000 each. This is annoying as hell saying as some merchants only have 1000 gold but the better stores can sometimes take 3 of my daggers off me lol. Sitting on 50,000 gold and who knows the worth of all my potions in house... I withdraw them all I can't walk, weigh 500/370 lmao. Need to get round to selling them.

I am also the worlds biggest tool, after saying my mate ruined a DragonPlate set well... I have managed to ruin two DragonScale sets. But not to worry, got enough scales to make a 3rd set... And smith it real good. Only problem is I need to find an item with HP regen on it so I can dis-enchant and learn how to make it. Then HP + MP Regen on armour and helmet at about 85% rate. Should be a cake walk fighting anything in that armour. Also 160% bonus to 1-handed aaaaaand 160% to archery attacks. My kits gonna proper rock, then as these games tend to go am going to find something better and more bad-ass looking and want to wear that lol.

Finally completed my 100% alchemy bonus set. Ain't tested it yet but I will soon. From what I understand is the more powerful the potion you make the more Alchemy exp you gain so I look forward to seeing if this might make me level twice as fast. :P