skyrim

smoochy boys on tour

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Erm, my Lydia (Lydz as I call her, we were getting quite close) has died somewhere... so I've lost quite a lot of kit :( I'm both annoyed and sad. I think it was those ****ing sabre cats. I assume there's no way of getting my kit back, but can I get another Lydia?

R.I.P. Lydz

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Don't forget that part, sounds vital to your whole operation!

Yeah I lol'd when I re-read that part last night before posting it. And your right it is vital. :)

Erm, my Lydia (Lydz as I call her, we were getting quite close) has died somewhere... so I've lost quite a lot of kit :( I'm both annoyed and sad. I think it was those ****ing sabre cats. I assume there's no way of getting my kit back, but can I get another Lydia?

R.I.P. Lydz

Theres no way to get her back, bar actually re-loading an old save where she is still alive. My Lydia survived a total of 20 minutes with me, never gave her anything to carry and she just got in my way more than actually served as someone to help me.

You can get more house bitches by... Well you guessed it buying more houses. Theres 9 houses in total I believe (one for each region) well so my mate tells me. He's level 71 with the platnium trophy so i'm inclined to believe him.

Sabre cats fall in one hit from me now, normal Dragons takes 2-3 and ancient Dragon took 5 hits.

Was brilliant, went to a town to continue with the main questline since I had not seen a Dragon in ages and there was one attacking the town, it flew around blowing fire at people. Landed on a house where it ate 5 dual-fireballs then flew off again, circled overhead for a minute (probs looking at me thinking "should I really land near that thing?") but it did so I proceeded to power-attack it. 1 swing of my sword set in motion an awesome movie-scene-esk final blow where I danced on its head for 45 seconds smashing my sword into its eyes. Then I jump off of the Dragons head as it dies and I eat its soul, and a nearby kid runs out from hiding behind some barrels and asks "Did you see the Dragon?" Course I ****ing saw it! I ****ing made it die!

I'm off to play Skyrim for the next 8 hours or untill it chugs along so bad I want to rip my eyes out. I know it seems sad or whatever to spend new years playing a video game but in all honesty I would be less happy being cold, wet and out somewhere I don't really know, drinking stuff am not 100% sure what it is with a few friends who I will no doubt lose at some point in the night and have no phone signal til 4am.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
1. Stop slagging Lydia off.
2. I gave her loads of kit lol she loved duel wielding magic staffs for some reason, 1 ice 1 lightning. I literally feel like a part of my character is missing now. We had so many conversations late at night. We used to swap manly stories, and in the morning, she'd make us waffles.

Last edited:

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
1. Stop slagging Lydia off.
2. I gave her loads of kit lol she loved duel wielding magic staffs for some reason, 1 ice 1 lightning. I literally feel like a part of my character is missing now. We had so many conversations late at night. We used to swap manly stories, and in the morning, she'd make us waffles.

**** your Lydia sounds awesome, mine was a gimp. If your looking for someone to tag along with you, join the Companions, after a few quests you are free to choose a "shield brother (or sister)" to fight along with you at any stage. That will never bring back the kit you lost, tho what you could do is scavenge the area where she was last seen for her body. Theres a very high chance it is still where she died.

I am not sure but I don't think the Companions can die... I left one to take a beating off 2 Druagr DeathLords and other things and he just kept getting back up. Even when I plugged him with my inaccurate ice spikes (three times) he kept getting back up. But this might have only been during the quest I was on and that they can actually die. Who knows, i'll test that later. I did get angry and attack anything that moved within the Companions building but once again they would not die just take a knee to regen HP. This was before the questline was complete so as before I will test this again. *Note to self* Save first.

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
If you give Lydia and co items to carry they will wear them so you can make them harder to be killed.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
All jokes aside, I did genuinely find myself talking to her lol and I am actually contemplating reverting to a previous save to get her back! But if I can get another Lydz-a-like then ill just settle for that. Its cos I find it a bit of a lonely game running round by youeself all the time! Don't even have a horse. Is there a level req on the Companions though? Kit probably wasn't that important as I am only lvl 12.

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
All jokes aside, I did genuinely find myself talking to her lol and I am actually contemplating reverting to a previous save to get her back! But if I can get another Lydz-a-like then ill just settle for that. Its cos I find it a bit of a lonely game running round by youeself all the time! Don't even have a horse. Is there a level req on the Companions though? Kit probably wasn't that important as I am only lvl 12.

Yeah it is lonely at times, and your char never speaks, well shouts but thats not nice in someones face. Shouted a guard off a tower earlier and no one seen it. My bounty came and went with him falling to his doom.

Don't think theres a level requirement, just ask someone inside the Companions building in whiterun. It's right next to the skyforge. You'll get the usual abuse from people at first but as you do your trials and small missions leading onto a quite enjoyable final mission.

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006

You get a companion per town if you become a thane.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Standing infront of 3 giants with shield up makes good block leveling.

Also sneaking behind a NPC that doesnt die and power killing with dagger = good sneak leveling also lol

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Sadly had to return this game to it's owner the other night... Was a sad time for me. Trying to find my next copy of Skyrim at the bottom of a bottle of whiskey. lol joke. I plowed almost 100 hours into this game over the course of two weeks, think I needed a break. Back to Battlefield 3. :P

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
Sadly had to return this game to it's owner the other night... Was a sad time for me. Trying to find my next copy of Skyrim at the bottom of a bottle of whiskey. lol joke. I plowed almost 100 hours into this game over the course of two weeks, think I needed a break. Back to Battlefield 3. :P

I've been without my Skyrim for a good 4 weeks now, sister robbed it. Everytime I try ask for it back she's still playing it >.>

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
Why would you borrow a game like skyrim?

I have got 234047 gold and nothing to spend it on :(

Osmero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2012
First of all, a funny Skyrim related video I found on the web the other day :D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s15sZenYXRI

I dunno, I jus't don't feel Bethesda's approach to making rpgs. Just like Fallout 3, Skyrim is grand and so well-designed, but the fun factor is still missing. I just don't get that feeling of exhilaration from Oblivion and Skyrim. It just feels bland at times. I just cannot get into it at all Sometimes I think it would be better to go on a real holiday in a Wimdu B&B . the money thing is just one of many annoyances, the entire trade/purchase system doesn't feel intuitive. Most of all, the main plot seems to get sidetracked by all the other stuff you can do. I know the universe is vast and all but it's just not that appealing when it feels so dull.... Obviously, sidequests are REALLY well-designed but it feels like they divert your focus from the main plot a tiny bit too much.

What do you think about my impressions? why do you love Skyrim? Any tips as to how I should play it to enjoy it more?

Last edited:

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
I dunno, I jus't don't feel Bethesda's approach to making rpgs. Just like Fallout 3, Skyrim is grand and so well-designed, but the fun factor is still missing. I just don't get that feeling of exhilaration from Oblivion and Skyrim. It just feels bland at times. I just cannot get into it at all. the money thing is just one of many annoyances, the entire trade/purchase system doesn't feel intuitive. Most of all, the main plot seems to get sidetracked by all the other stuff you can do. Obviously, sidequests are REALLY well-designed but it feels like they divert your focus from the main plot a tiny bit too much. What do you think about my impressions? why do you love Skyrim? Any tips as to how I should play it to enjoy it more?
I think your missing a tutor or guide to hold your hand and lead you where you should be going, thats not what this game is about. It's about freedom to do whatever you wanna do when you wanna do it. I myself got distracted from the "main questline" 2 hours into my first playthrough. I didn't return to the main quests untill 70 hours later. I was off saving people, becoming the ArchMage and generally doing what I want to do. The amount of times I am headed one place only to find myself distracted by a Dragon or something shiney or a new location I have yet to discover. This game has no "proper" way it has to be played, it's made so open and free from the start for a reason... It's YOUR game, play it how you want.

Osmero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2012
I think your missing a tutor or guide to hold your hand and lead you where you should be going, thats not what this game is about. It's about freedom to do whatever you wanna do when you wanna do it. I myself got distracted from the "main questline" 2 hours into my first playthrough. I didn't return to the main quests untill 70 hours later. I was off saving people, becoming the ArchMage and generally doing what I want to do. The amount of times I am headed one place only to find myself distracted by a Dragon or something shiney or a new location I have yet to discover. This game has no "proper" way it has to be played, it's made so open and free from the start for a reason... It's YOUR game, play it how you want.

Wow, that was a pasionate and convincing reply. I shall give it another chance sometime soon :)Shame that there's no internet in my Munich apartment courtesy of Wimdu . I will have to get back to the Isles first.

Also I think i understand what you mean. It's just a question of really getting your head into it. No doubt its a great game and my comment wasn't supposed to be ignorant or anything like that :)

Last edited: