Who here lifts weight?

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I miss next months grading :( But i can skip a belt i think, horrah, i start back on weights tomorrow.

BeaverLJ

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 12, 2005
Cambridge,England, UK
i weight lift when i can be bothered lol.
i lift some weights n when i start lifting again i make a mental regiem (spelling? :P ) so i do say 100 a night above mah head n like 100 from straight arms up to like shoulder

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
BeaverLJ said:
i weight lift when i can be bothered lol.
i lift some weights n when i start lifting again i make a mental regiem (spelling? :P ) so i do say 100 a night above mah head n like 100 from straight arms up to like shoulder

The best people are people like you who go that extra mile not realising that more doesnt = better. 100 weight lifts of **** all like your pretending to be doing working only a few muscles means your just plain stupid and a liar.

Everyone that knoes anything knows that doing anything more than 20 repetitions is just wasting energy.

6 repetitions of a lift = fastest muscle mass building (you have to really struggle to get the last one up otherwise your on too low a weight)

7-12 repetitions build muscles at a slower rate, and also work a different type of tissue in the muscle.

12-20 repetitions works the 3rd tissue type (cant remember all thei names).

Usually 12-20 is used as a warm up because that particular tissue will provoke increased bloodflow to the area.

Then you go straight to 6 reps of the heaviest weight you can lift when your ready. This results in far less liklihood of injury and maximum effect from your lifting.

Saying "ZOMG I CAN DO 100 LIFTZ I AM DA BEST" is jsut bull****, and means your either lying, or using some sort of pussy 1kg weights.

Also doing 100 lifts a day is retarded, your muscle gets no gain from anything if your just working it everyday. Each muscle group you focus on with proper training should only be worked once per week MAX for the best results. Proffesional lifters will generally work all mucle groups in strict rotation and many only do each group once every 6 weeks.

Just thought id add this to silence any "omg im so kool i did 1 billionz milliozn lifts of a 400kg weight with my car on top and my pregnant girlfriend driving and i ran to sckool with them on there and my teacxher was like YEW ARE SEXEH here have an A* in triple chemisty you WIN posters" before they post.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Atomicide said:
The best people are people like you who go that extra mile not realising that more doesnt = better. 100 weight lifts of **** all like your pretending to be doing working only a few muscles means your just plain stupid and a liar.

Everyone that knoes anything knows that doing anything more than 20 repetitions is just wasting energy.

6 repetitions of a lift = fastest muscle mass building (you have to really struggle to get the last one up otherwise your on too low a weight)

7-12 repetitions build muscles at a slower rate, and also work a different type of tissue in the muscle.

12-20 repetitions works the 3rd tissue type (cant remember all thei names).

Usually 12-20 is used as a warm up because that particular tissue will provoke increased bloodflow to the area.

Then you go straight to 6 reps of the heaviest weight you can lift when your ready. This results in far less liklihood of injury and maximum effect from your lifting.

Saying "ZOMG I CAN DO 100 LIFTZ I AM DA BEST" is jsut bull****, and means your either lying, or using some sort of pussy 1kg weights.

Also doing 100 lifts a day is retarded, your muscle gets no gain from anything if your just working it everyday. Each muscle group you focus on with proper training should only be worked once per week MAX for the best results. Proffesional lifters will generally work all mucle groups in strict rotation and many only do each group once every 6 weeks.

Just thought id add this to silence any "omg im so kool i did 1 billionz milliozn lifts of a 400kg weight with my car on top and my pregnant girlfriend driving and i ran to sckool with them on there and my teacxher was like YEW ARE SEXEH here have an A* in triple chemisty you WIN posters" before they post.

In my experience, 8 Reps is best for bulking, 6 is good too, just not as effective as 8, 12-20 I only do as a warm up, and only really for squats (20kg warmup), what I do after my first two sets of the muscle (group) that i'm working that day/time, i knock down the weight a bit and do it until failure

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
I am so sore =( ... I just did that pull thing, the one where you pull a bar towards and below your chest, works your biceps... my arms are so weak... Couldn't do it the other way around, (when you pull the bar ground up to your chest).

I gotta learn the names of these things -_-... Meanwhile 2 hours of running was easy.

Turin

EDIT: I mean I did it yesterday evening, not this morning lol

Last edited:

BeaverLJ

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 12, 2005
Cambridge,England, UK
did i say im the best? no. i use light weights and just sit while watching tv n make sure i do 100. so dont acuse me of something i didnt say yeh? so piss off

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
BeaverLJ said:
did i say im the best? no. i use light weights and just sit while watching tv n make sure i do 100. so dont acuse me of something i didnt say yeh? so piss off

Do you lift weights with Eminem? hes so cool, i bet your as angry as Eminem right now :D

Also, i didnt accuse you of saying something you didnt say, i told you that what you did say (in that post on here that you cant miss, and that can be used as undeniable proof you said it) was bull**** and stupid.

Your like these people i saw in college, they used to participate in "lie wars" where one would say "i lifted 100 weights ysterday" and another one would go "i lifet 400 weights yesterday" then some random twat would go "my dad sold his car for £17,000 today and hes giving me the money and im going to buy 100kg wieghts and lift them a million times tomorow, you could ome watch but were moving house" and basically it would go on like that.

The moral of the story is, your a liar, you suck, and lifting wieghts 100 times while watching TV means ur lifting **** all, and your stupid. Also, if you want to take this further and prove yourself not to be stupid, please tell us how much weight your actually lifting.