Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
yeah PK'ers will try it doesnt mean there gonna stick around if the core enjoyment of the game has changed for them they wont hang about... alot more pkers than carebears you will notice after the server dying off once pkers are done with the boring non drop system..

don't kid yourself.

I do find it strange that PK'rs will get bored just because other players won't be dropping items on death. It's as if they don't actually enjoy playing the rest of the game, they only want to play if they can ruin someone else's experience on the server?

If you enjoyed the PK system on Mir shouldn't you be enjoying it regardless of death drops?

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
I do find it strange that PK'rs will get bored just because other players won't be dropping items on death. It's as if they don't actually enjoy playing the rest of the game, they only want to play if they can ruin someone else's experience on the server?

If you enjoyed the PK system on Mir shouldn't you be enjoying it regardless of death drops?

the people who enjoy pk enjoy the risk part, risking your kit vs there's...

and we do enjoy the PK system and item drops is part of the system no drops is carebear no risk of dying what so ever apart from a little dura loss on items you can special repair.. no fun at all, might aswell all group up and kill content.

no bag drops.
no body drops

from both players or mobs, can just die non stop greifing to win bosses.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
yeah PK'ers will try it doesnt mean there gonna stick around if the core enjoyment of the game has changed for them they wont hang about... alot more pkers than carebears you will notice after the server dying off once pkers are done with the boring non drop system..

don't kid yourself.

You say it as if every PK has a decent drop from people lol.

It's like 1% of death drops results in an actual decent body drop...I personally have never dropped an item i consider rare, in my entire time in Mir...

Have people attempted to kill me specifically for that reason? Yes lol...I see the death drops as nothing more than an incentive to be a dick. Without them it will actually promote fighting from players who otherwise, wouldn't bother when no ACTUAL reason (Such as a War or Boss fight) is at stake.

Having the sole reason of enjoying a server being reliant on the death drops of other players, i find rather pathetic. As Jicaa said as well, it's nothing but a dick reason for people who like the small chance to ruin other peoples days.

Whether they are on or off, makes no difference to me...just so we're clear lol.

Last edited:

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
PKing and getting items off other people while also having the risk to drop your own is the best part of Mir.

yet for some this is true for others it's not and ruins the game play.

i play differently with pk drops on vs off, with the way Mir 3 sins are and having the option to stealth kill it would just be unfair if body drops existing. Why Mir 3 global and Korean don't have drops

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
yet for some this is true for others it's not and ruins the game play.

i play differently with pk drops on vs off, with the way Mir 3 sins are and having the option to stealth kill it would just be unfair if body drops existing. Why Mir 3 global and Korean don't have drops

high level korean player Kala said pk drops are on within the higher level content.

not sure how true this is.

---------- Post Merged at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:39 PM ----------

It's like 1% of death drops results in an actual decent body drop...I personally have never dropped an item i consider rare, in my entire time in Mir...

Have people attempted to kill me specifically for that reason? Yes lol...I see the death drops as nothing more than an incentive to be a dick. Without them it will actually promote fighting from players who otherwise, wouldn't bother when no ACTUAL reason (Such as a War or Boss fight) is at stake.

Having the sole reason of enjoying a server being reliant on the death drops of other players, i find rather pathetic. As Jicaa said as well, it's nothing but a dick reason for people who like the small chance to ruin other peoples days.

Whether they are on or off, makes no difference to me...just so we're clear lol.

if its 1% why the **** will it matter if there on or not then?

surly it wouldn't matter that much to the carebears.

no1 carrot rider.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
So sick of Pottsy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
if its 1% why the **** will it matter if there on or not then?

surly it wouldn't matter that much to the carebears.

no1 carrot rider.

Do you not read your responses?

If it doesn't matter to the "care bears" then surely it also wouldn't REALLY matter to the PKers either?

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point lol. You have no valid reason for wanting death drops, other than you and many others 'believe' that death drops are what makes PKing fun.

I've countered it, and you haven't disagreed, nor provided an alternative reason to wanting death drops.

Let's say it really was 1% chance...if YOU believe, such a chance doesn't matter to "care bears", then that in turn would also mean it doesn't matter to you either if you find the chance low enough to make others not care, you must think it's low...so why do you care?

So sick of Pottsy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no....please accept me back into your life...

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

You chat some ****, do you even read what you write before you post it ? I can recall you crying because of you dropping kit more than once and this is in the recent years, get off Jamie **** literally, look at the pole results and like it or not the hardcore players who are going to set the pace for this server most likely voted and it's clear LOMCN want's body drops.

I'm all for a change with how body drops work, maybe you have to between a level gap 5 above 5 below ( example ) and you can drop anything beyond that nothing will drop. I'd have no motivation to ever stay alive if i knew there never a risk to dieing.. i'd just be doing stupid **** all day with no risk of losing anything.

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
PKing and getting items off other people while also having the risk to drop your own is the best part of Mir.

But if you try seeing this from the server owners perspective, body drops by design is a cancerous mechanic which can lead to someone quitting your server and its too punishing just for something that is VERY common in MMOs which is dying (Being sent back to town and losing gear... **** the only thing left is losing exp which should tell you something). So I ask why (in this small community we have) would you want to risk it? Why do you want this system to slowly dwindle your population down? Nostalgia is great and all but it doesn't make sense from a design perspective.

---------- Post Merged at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:34 PM ----------

the poll speaks for itself, only the care bear boring people don't want pk drops on... if you can't pk rt/tt

Not losing items off your body has nothing to do with being a care bear. I guess all this time we have been playing mir and not losing exp when we die makes us care bears to some people. so TL;DR you don't really have an argument.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
You chat some ****, do you even read what you write before you post it ? I can recall you crying because of you dropping kit more than once and this is in the recent years, get off Jamie **** literally, look at the pole results and like it or not the hardcore players who are going to set the pace for this server most likely voted and it's clear LOMCN want's body drops.

I'm all for a change with how body drops work, maybe you have to between a level gap 5 above 5 below ( example ) and you can drop anything beyond that nothing will drop. I'd have no motivation to ever stay alive if i knew there never a risk to dieing.. i'd just be doing stupid **** all day with no risk of losing anything.

Lol.

I really can't wait for you guys to play, really :)

It will be hilarious to watch you struggle and complain about the difference between Mir2 and Mir3...then i'll be watching you run away and play something else :)

Good times to come!

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
You know what Jamie should of done...

Just said death drops were in game, even if they weren't. Then if someone asked he could just say they are on and you have just not had a death drop yet.

Pretty sure if he had done this then all the arguing wouldn't of even started, plus the PK'rs would continue to play with that false hope of a death drop, not realising there is none and still enjoying the game.

Too late for that now :(

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
You know what Jamie should of done...

Just said death drops were in game, even if they weren't. Then if someone asked he could just say they are on and you have just not had a death drop yet.

Pretty sure if he had done this then all the arguing wouldn't of even started, plus the PK'rs would continue to play with that false hope of a death drop, not realising there is none and still enjoying the game.

Too late for that now :(

Where on earth would I get my entertainment from by doing that?

I here with my empty bowl of popcorn, going to switch to eating all these carrots I have now.

after the whole argument is done, I'm going to "change my mind" and say I will add PK drops again, (but then change it once more before implementing it)

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014

As far as I am concerned Jamie didn't start this post so I wouldn't take it as the final say. I really do hope Jamie starts to make a change in this game that has not changed in 15+ years. I believe Jamie will start to put mir in the right direction design wise.

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
just set a level resistance to not allow any player to be attacked whom is under XX lvl unless they are also XX lvl ? and no one over 33 can pk under? i dunno :P

gargus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2004
imho PK should be allowed for people to switch on and off. I personally am not a fan of PK and ruining people's games by stealing stuff they hunted for days. But I get that some people like to lash out at others in games when they can't irl, so it would be the best if every1 was given a choice to PK and lose their $h1t if that's what they desire and not force every1 to do the same. it's a win-win

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I guessing have the option to turn pk drops on / off only in SZ but i bet someone would still find away to **** with it, a level GAP would be the best way.. so level 40s can't just go slap level 30s for a decent item.. thats the real problem...

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
Tbh this thread needs closing clearly all the ideas have been put forward now so i see no more to be gained from the this to and fro business.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
imho PK should be allowed for people to switch on and off. I personally am not a fan of PK and ruining people's games by stealing stuff they hunted for days. But I get that some people like to lash out at others in games when they can't irl, so it would be the best if every1 was given a choice to PK and lose their $h1t if that's what they desire and not force every1 to do the same. it's a win-win

Not even sure what the suggestion really was lol.

Was is just an option so YOU don't drop, or if you have it on, nobody drops you or the people you killed?

If it's just you....what muppet would keep it on? lmao. Just to drop for the sake of dropping when no one else would? It would certainly prove how many hypocrites are running around these days lol, let's see if the risk of losing items really does make the server for them, whilst the other more realistic players have it on haha.

gargus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2004
Not even sure what the suggestion really was lol.

Was is just an option so YOU don't drop, or if you have it on, nobody drops you or the people you killed?

If it's just you....what muppet would keep it on? lmao. Just to drop for the sake of dropping when no one else would? It would certainly prove how many hypocrites are running around these days lol, let's see if the risk of losing items really does make the server for them, whilst the other more realistic players have it on haha.

Well, now that I read what I wrote it doesn't make much sense. What I mean is you have an option in settings, if you choose to turn it on, you basically turn on PK and drop from yourself if PKed, so if you meet another one with it on, you can kill the crap outta eachother and drop all your shite if that's what turns you on. Make it 8,12 or 24h cooldown to change it back (only in SZ so no1 exploits it). That way I'm not forced into pvp which i don't like and you're not forced into carebearing, I can play with my friends and enjoy the game and you can play with yours and steal from eachother, create telenovelas out of it, divide guilds, become mortal enemies, swear at eachother, a few will get banned for swearing, someone with better hacking skills will rage and try to kill the server (typical pking scenario), and eventually everything will go to hell because GM will be fed up with all of what happened and shut the server down :)

Hope I made it clear this time ;)

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
That way I'm not forced into pvp which i don't like and you're not forced into carebearing, I can play with my friends and enjoy the game and you can play with yours and steal from eachother, create telenovelas out of it, divide guilds, become mortal enemies, swear at eachother, a few will get banned for swearing, someone with better hacking skills will rage and try to kill the server (typical pking scenario), and eventually everything will go to hell because GM will be fed up with all of what happened and shut the server down :)

Damn that is some next level Observation Haki as Charlotte Katakuri would be proud. (One Piece reference)

Status
Not open for further replies.