Legend of Mir 2 - Valkyrie

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
for some reason it wouldn't let me embed a vimeo vid. ill use YouTube next time

but it let you in the end? I like vimeo, don't like that tube &*(%^ (suggested videos at pause or the end etc)

thanks for comments on skills, warrior has so few skills under lev22 (or yours 44) which makes it a drag on low rate servers since they even magnify it, I see it as failure of how it was setup some twenty years ago and all servers accept that as religious fact

always thought thrusting should come at lev16 say and HM at 22 with other skills shunted down a bit, not as much as these two, maybe these skills should have four steps with the first skill level being weaker than current one

but maybe your new skills will do something in this direction, to fill the dead levels when you just flail about a stick on one mob at a time (you are ready to go to mines @~16 say, but since you can hit only one mob at a time, it is not effective place since most pple play solo, at this point anyway)

Last edited:

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
Hi Mir2Pion,

War skills have been adjusted in terms of levels to ease the nasty early game grind(e.g Thrusting lvl 40, Halfmoon lvl 48, Dash lvl 56), and along with the new skill really helps warriors boring early game turn into something more engaging.

Updated Main post with more information regarding drop system and details about sound and music.

Also attached some signatures if people would like to use them and show some support.

Thanks

Regards

Valkyrie

Last edited:

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
Looks good but unfortunately most servers cant keep a decent usercount without a reputable member on the server team. Although i hope you can prove me wrong as it looks like you have put in a lot of work.

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
Sounds and looks like its gonna be one of the best servers this forum has seen for a long time! Best of luck and i will see you ingame.

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
If this goes live I can't wait to sit on the character creation screen trying to decide what character to play for an hour haha.

Also any details on what the GameShop is going to be like on this server?

No Exp Pots I hope.

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
Thanks for your comments,

unfortunately i have hit the maximum characters allowed for one thread (20k) and still have much more information to put on!!

I have currently have a website being created but not eta as of yet on that, for future updates on the server i may have to just post them on this thread and link it on the main post.

The website will contain things like the world map showing all locations, a monster table to help you know the level, undead/living attribute and if it can be tamed or not(no actual monster stats). As well as full class and skill listings and levels required for each skill level.
I want the website to be a manual as such for all players to be able to read and gain the information they require.

@jaffar99 - at least you will be able to listen to a bit of beautiful music from Final Fantasy 13 while you choose ;)

as per the gameshop obviously i need to fund the hosting somehow as i haven't the spare income at the moment to fund it myself for a long period of time. EXP potions will not be available for individual purchase at server launch and only ever a maximum of 20% i will consider using, anything more is just breaking your own game.

Game shop will include things like mounts (of which i have many new custom ones that i haven't put on the advert yet)
Some quality of life items such as a blacksmith anvil which you may take with you on your hunt and open a repair window to repair your items on the go, this item will obviously vanish after one use.
Cosmetic items like hair change etc.

I have also been considering doing a monthly subscriber option at a low cost for those who want to support the running of the server.

@forspinki - I Understand your concern with saying there is no "reputable" members but in all honestly i have seen the highest regarded names run servers with massive user-counts at launch to totally flop within a couple of weeks, i really do not think it is an issue.

I just hope people see the work i have put in and my passion for the game, will triumph over all.

Thanks

Regards

Valkyrie

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Thanks for your comments,

unfortunately i have hit the maximum characters allowed for one thread (20k) and still have much more information to put on!!

I have currently have a website being created but not eta as of yet on that, for future updates on the server i may have to just post them on this thread and link it on the main post.

The website will contain things like the world map showing all locations, a monster table to help you know the level, undead/living attribute and if it can be tamed or not(no actual monster stats). As well as full class and skill listings and levels required for each skill level.
I want the website to be a manual as such for all players to be able to read and gain the information they require.

@jaffar99 - at least you will be able to listen to a bit of beautiful music from Final Fantasy 13 while you choose ;)

as per the gameshop obviously i need to fund the hosting somehow as i haven't the spare income at the moment to fund it myself for a long period of time. EXP potions will not be available for individual purchase at server launch and only ever a maximum of 20% i will consider using, anything more is just breaking your own game.

Game shop will include things like mounts (of which i have many new custom ones that i haven't put on the advert yet)
Some quality of life items such as a blacksmith anvil which you may take with you on your hunt and open a repair window to repair your items on the go, this item will obviously vanish after one use.
Cosmetic items like hair change etc.

I have also been considering doing a monthly subscriber option at a low cost for those who want to support the running of the server.

@forspinki - I Understand your concern with saying there is no "reputable" members but in all honestly i have seen the highest regarded names run servers with massive user-counts at launch to totally flop within a couple of weeks, i really do not think it is an issue.

I just hope people see the work i have put in and my passion for the game, will triumph over all.

Thanks

Regards

Valkyrie

I don't think you need the names behind you (as I don't either) I feel it's all about how you sell your server though the server ad / content etc.

I feel there may be mine and your servers released at similar times :P

TheOnlyOne

DarkReturn Server High Rate
Loyal Member
Dark Return
Game Master
Oct 6, 2017
Jordan
I don't think you need the names behind you (as I don't either) I feel it's all about how you sell your server though the server ad / content etc.

I feel there may be mine and your servers released at similar times :P

tbh you should say hes good writer. and best server siller. new skill not that great tbh there something not good bhind this all and some day will make you all remember my this post

Sent from my RNE-L21 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
I'm still waiting on a server to launch that is based off a monthly subscription without a gameshop.

Balanced for all then apart from time played.

I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Even for this server let's say only 50 users played (I'm guessing it would probably be more than that) and it was maybe £4 a month to play then that would be £200 just with 50 monthly users. Which I'm sure would cover the server a month + a bit for yourself.

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I would prefer to pay monthly and would pay upto £10 a month to have a server with a gameshop full of purely cosmetics or like u mention a blacksmith anvil. Everyone will always remain on a level playing field then. Don’t get me wrong ... I pay for the odd exp potions but only because I feel obliged to.

---------- Post Merged at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:37 PM ----------

ETA on release 2018 ... early 2019 ... late 2019?

Shurikan

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 15, 2018
I like the idea of a monthly subscription because it gives people a nice buff without paying large amounts on individual item constantly. Think be nice to see a way for GG to be obtainable for non donaters also or items in gameshop purchaseable with gold.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
It wouldn't make much difference, people would still endlessly complain. Just waving a new level of pseudo-entitlement in front of their faces.

The comunity is too small to lock out half of them, irregardless of what you think, I'd imagine a large proportion would never even consider paying a subscription when there are a dozen other 'free' options, or 1000's of other games. That's just common sense.

Then we have the server owners. I can only think of 2 servers, ever, I'm confident in assuming (Tho still probably naively wrong) never succcumbed to selling items under the table. Expecting a subscription to remove that is just naive. You wave $$$ in their face, they are going to take it.

Begging the question "Whats the point?" it will still be P2W, your just paying to log on it.

--

There are only a few people on here i would ever consider trustworth enough to pull it off, legitimately, and none of them make servers.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
The portal its sick!!

Well done!

The portal 'skill' is in the default crystal source.

Hopefully its been heavily restricted in this server as i put zero limits on it.

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
maybe considering change the interface plz? The old c file looks rlly ugly tbh, kind sick and tired of this, just do what apocalypse does

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
maybe considering change the interface plz? The old c file looks rlly ugly tbh, kind sick and tired of this, just do what apocalypse does
[MENTION=5095]Breezer[/MENTION] :stupid: