Zircon code, an outsider view

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
By all means, remove the post if this is just junk/spam on your web server. Replying to this actually take away time from me. Thank you.

What part of "by all means carry on" led you to this comment? Thanks for your 2 cents on this subject though, it means nothing.

The fact you're here trying to convince us that Jamie should have cleaned up his code before releasing is an absolute joke. OH YOU'RE DISAPPOINTED WITH IT? Come back in a year's time when you've done better or GTFO altogether.

" cya :) "

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
When Zircon came out i refused to play it, i felt it was like mir 2, after 3-4 months i joined and was probs second best server i have played, he did a good job.

Facts are facts, jamie was the first person to get good set of files working for mir 3 in a long time, if he got lazy at the end, does it really matter no, players had a good time playing- players didnt see the messy code it worked, and he made loads of money for his effort.

Mir 3 needed this files or we would of be playing buggy GSP file's.

what was user count on first zircon at start 200? when was the last time Mir 3 had a server like that, Mir 3 was struggling to get 100 for couple years.

i didnt review the code, all i know is all Zircon servers(files) would not have a server at all if it was not for Jamie, and i i am not a massive fan rof him :p

You seem to know what your talking about, as a mir 3 player ONLY dont know anything about coding, go make a server and get me a castle i will play your server lol.

Reactions: Tai and Vaytrex

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
zircon during launch was pushing 300+ users was it not?

its the only server mir3 and mir2 players played collectivly?

Reactions: ventus

Vaeborg

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
The reason we dont release anything its because @DjDarkBoyZ is working hard on the files to improve and i dont think its normal for others to simply just take it.

How other discussions were on discords, you guys are pathethic trying to improve Crystal Library and then trying to use Zircon Library while ZenX Library built from 0 by DJ can get any big image without any lossless and other technical stuff that im not good at it.

"omg why they encrypted the client?" - thats why ;)
without DJ you will do nothing ... as for me you are zero. you have always praised and you really did **** for society
so you're getting out of here.
DJ when repair black maps?

Reactions: MrMatt

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
If the code was that bad, how did Zircon manage to run pretty damn smoothly, with a healthy UC for as long as it did? I don't recally many issues or crashes on Zircon and I played for quite a lengthy time!

Remember also, these files were created by himself - Not a team.

Funny - Zed and Dj are quick th blame his code yet still managed to bring a server out 10x faster than when they were making their own... Go figure.

Also, Zed/DJ. No one expects you to release your code - But it would be nice for you guys to give something back to the community and release some fixes to the Zircon github.

As it stands, Jamie has done alot more for this community than any of you. But it's OK, you guys keep raking in the rewards whilst slating the guy that got you to where you are now.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
When Zircon came out i refused to play it, i felt it was like mir 2

There's that line again lol.

After playing ZenX, I literally didn't "feel" any difference between the 2....except in my head, cause the blazing colouring of spells kept giving me headaches :D

Zircon had all the images it needed to have, ran smoothly and didn't have any issues at all. Only crashes that occurred were brought on usually by untested mechanics, or extremely rare circumstantial situations. To the point where Jamie would literally come on and say "Not tested this yet actually, it will probably crash because of XYZ" lol.

ZenX's issues were brought on by themselves, somehow having crashes on functionality that previously worked perfectly fine and crashes on unwanted additions.
Post automatically merged:

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Lets be honest what could Zed/DJ honestly share from Jamies files over than the bugs that where caused by their own coding?

It sounds like it's basically the same as it was on launch and if they still have that black screen bug I'd be embarised to call my self a coder. I've spoke with a few server owners past few month and couple of people developing something new and none of them have this black screen bug so I can only assume they messed up the code themselves during development stages.

Also I've never had an issue with jamie's code it was his lack of motivation and inbalanced updates that lead to me and more than likely a lot of players leaving his server.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Shouldn't we just be thankful to have a mir 3 code? As many do there own thing. Witch is fine but dont **** on the guy aka jamie who gave us this.

Reactions: OxxpqxxO

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
Lets be honest, the guy who started this thread has said multiple times there are issues with the files, and when prompted to expand on what he see's wrong with the files he gives a very vague answer then claims if you don't see it then you're not a coder. Is this thread for real? Lol.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Then instead of shitting on jamie. Why these offer help to the main code svn? As i see jamie gave mir3 a open code set. That so off use are thankfully for.

Reactions: OxxpqxxO and ventus

JK MaxOne

LOMCN Rookie
Jun 7, 2019
What part of "by all means carry on" led you to this comment? Thanks for your 2 cents on this subject though, it means nothing.

The fact you're here trying to convince us that Jamie should have cleaned up his code before releasing is an absolute joke. OH YOU'RE DISAPPOINTED WITH IT? Come back in a year's time when you've done better or GTFO altogether.

" cya :) "

You are right. And, I do regret posting this. Sorry guys :) Please do remove it, it appears to be causing more noise than helping.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
You are right. And, I do regret posting this. Sorry guys :) Please do remove it, it appears to be causing more noise than helping.

I imagine that was the only intention you had in posting was to cause noise. If you wanted to be helpful you would of posted some examples.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Jamie's clearly bored. Creating fake carrots to troll himself.

That'd be great haha, Jamie just wanted a confidence boost from the community he was feeling down so made a new account to troll himself. 10/10

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
The reason we dont release anything its because @DjDarkBoyZ is working hard on the files to improve and i dont think its normal for others to simply just take it.

How other discussions were on discords, you guys are pathethic trying to improve Crystal Library and then trying to use Zircon Library while ZenX Library built from 0 by DJ can get any big image without any lossless and other technical stuff that im not good at it.

"omg why they encrypted the client?" - thats why ;)

hahaha this rat begs for months then throws a tantrum because some one wont share there work then dose the same thing.

lomcn has fallen on hard times to much greed involved these days

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
This is getting old. Having these pointless bitching sessions every other month really doesn't do anyone any favors.

Reactions: LOMValkyrie