New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
He said it was his job somewhere, but never said he was being paid.
I think he was taking the piss when he said it was his job, he said near the start of the thread , i think, that he's got a break from his job because they have nothing for him to do because they need something else before they can get him to do what they need him to do, so he;s doin this cus he has a lot of free time now.

Or mabye I just imagined it all lol

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Just thought of something that might be a nice addition, not sure if other people will agree but hey its only a suggestion.

Is it possible to add a "friends list", so that you can add friends to this list, and maybe add a friends chat function, like group or guild chat, but for friends so if your not grouped or in the same guild, you can still chat with all your friends simply by changing the chat function? Saves a lot of spam in global chat and people can keep chat a bit more between friends lol. Also maybe add an option to turn this on or off same as you can turn off shouts and guild chat?

Another thing i was thinking about, was mon-ai. Obviously with mir 3 mon-ai scripts are pretty limited, with very few spells that people can add to mon-ai bosses. What would be really nice to see, is all the available spells in game available to use for mon's. This would make high level bosses more of a challenge. Say for instance you wanted to make a really tough boss, could give it Defiance, Healing, BladeStorm, GreaterTaoExplosion, MeteorShower & Transparency for example, and what ever else you wanted, would keep people on there toes and make bosses a lot more of a challenge. Would also give more customisation when you release the files as people could change bosses to how ever they wanted, and give bosses a lot more intelligence :) What would also be nice, is to have a seperate field set in the database to enable mon-ai as a secondary attack ;) So people could use mon-ai mon's for pets, as currently in mir3 files mon-ai pets dont follow you :)

While on the topic of mon attacks, when/if you release the files, would you include a guide to what spells are available and what they do? Would make creating new mons a lot easier :) Also a guide to NPC/GM/MOD commands and there uses would be a great tool for any server owners using these files :D

Last edited:

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Just thought of something that might be a nice addition, not sure if other people will agree but hey its only a suggestion.

Is it possible to add a "friends list", so that you can add friends to this list, and maybe add a friends chat function, like group or guild chat, but for friends so if your not grouped or in the same guild, you can still chat with all your friends simply by changing the chat function? Saves a lot of spam in global chat and people can keep chat a bit more between friends lol.

There's already a buddy list. I don't see how this chat would work though, people would have to be friends with all the same people within the same circle in order for it to work effectively, and that's not realistic :P

I think pm'ing suffices?

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
People could set up a chat channel mabye, which costs x mill a week mabye, and add or remove people as they see fit.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
My life current revolves around Mir lol...

I get up, I turn computer on, Start work... believe it or not my work is coding the server (Fking sweet job I know).

I finish work, I carry on coding server lol.

I wasn't joking BTW.

I'm programming this for "Training purposes".

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
I wasn't joking BTW.

I'm programming this for "Training purposes".

Lol nice job you have there Jamie. I can understand where you are coming from though, for some people gaming can be a huge part of there lives. Personally, I aim to gain my MCSA/MCSE qualification, then go on to learn a programming language or 2 before completing a web design course. Way I see it, with those kind of qualifications I'm set to make my own company, create my own MMORPG, run it, maintain it & advertise it effectively as a 1 man team if need be :P

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
People won't choose a wizard to level another character.

It wouldn't be worth it.

Let me re word it another way.

What person would play a class they don't want to play just to level the class they want actually want to play slower?

Fair counter arguement, my point was basically when wizards are high level in the game as they'd be able to boost other classes faster there. But i can see how my point can also be countered against quite easily too.

Cheers for clearing it up & Hope the feature goes well =o)

/Czeldabolg

Last edited:

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Do you purposefully just pull random posts out of your ass?

Anyway it's none of your business if he's getting paid and who's paying him.

Because little boy, if its the FH team 'funding' his efforts and they have a say in how the server is run (He has a section on FH website) It doesnt matter what he codes in, I wont be playing as Ben Hany & Matt are tossers out for money only.

Go troll somewhere else / PK level 20s standing around at pot shop as per your specialty.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Still doesn't change the fact it's none of your business lol.

Besides if you actually read properly i'm sure in the first post somewhere he said this was a project from his spare time. Due to having to wait for another Department at his work place he can't continue with his work, so is doing this instead.

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
Because little boy, if its the FH team 'funding' his efforts and they have a say in how the server is run (He has a section on FH website) It doesnt matter what he codes in, I wont be playing as Ben Hany & Matt are tossers out for money only.

Go troll somewhere else / PK level 20s standing around at pot shop as per your specialty.
Yes i'm the little boy, you're the one who posts at every opportunity to mention that ben takes donations for his server, and fail to realise no one cares.

What you've said doesn't take away the fact you pulled it completely out of your arse, no one said FH was funding it ( if ben hany and matt were out for money only, why the **** would they be paying a coder to develop files, when matts a perfectly good coder lol, even thought stephen > matt)
You continue to say I Pk noobs at pot shop, yet I have never done this, and you fail to mention who you are, no doubt some retard who i've pked over and over again on one server or another.
And no I won't go troll somewhere else lol, why do you think i'm going to do what you say?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

reported, gettin sick of ur lame abuse directed at me and my team, just isnt needed.

and we are not funding him in any way, nor are we a part of his team... we let him have a section on our websie cause hes a friend and wanted to

so jog on dipstick, no1 cares if u do or dont play, i think they'd rather u didnt play ne way, ur a complete a-hole.

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007

Only reason he has a section on 4H website is to post updates/progress and so people can post suggestions. LOMCN wouldn't give him a section as it's not an open source project...

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Only reason he has a section on 4H website is to post updates/progress and so people can post suggestions. LOMCN wouldn't give him a section as it's not an open source project...
We also plan to move into server development as well, by releasing some of our sources, Clash stuff was just the start to see how it went down.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
We also plan to move into server development as well, by releasing some of our sources, Clash stuff was just the start to see how it went down.
I admit I been slacking in the updating of it :p, I keep meaning to but I get side tracked.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
I admit I been slacking in the updating of it :p, I keep meaning to but I get side tracked.
Your just a slacker, these 18 hour days getting to you!

I finish my exams tomorrow, so we can have a geeky code off X_X

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Alright then... C#.Net... I choose you!

Go C#.Net, use CryptoStream.Write()!

PASCAL - I choose you!

Go PASCAL, use Randomization!

........ Critical hit :001_cool:

Anon, your both a retard and a hypocrite. Your the troll, get lost.

Keep us updated Jamie, or I'll send out my starter 3rd gen language!

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Well I've posted this in some detail on FH's Forum. I figured I would post it here too,

You should be able to guess what the program does:

34300967.png

14510347.png

69713082.png

21830671.png

11672509.png

64872055.png

Does Items, Map Info, Monsters, Respawns, Movements, Drops

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
Well I've posted this in some detail on FH's Forum. I figured I would post it here too,

You should be able to guess what the program does:

34300967.png

14510347.png

69713082.png

21830671.png

11672509.png

64872055.png

Does Items, Map Info, Monsters, Respawns, Movements, Drops
Nice one jamie, guess ill go over to 4H to take a look at it :P

Status
Not open for further replies.