Help make that change

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
My vote goes to the person with decent morals, not a bias self-centered idiot and, for once, isn't power mad.

Goodluck!
Not even a vote for me, gawd! :001_tt2:

Erm, I seem to be the only active mod in the mir 2 section, but seen as though im a SMod now ill mod everywhere! ninja

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
This mean Babyhack is around to stay Babyhack?

BH never went anywhere, I just stopped posting, I was still online and doing some admin edits

Am just doing more stuff that members can see now

Will leave this thread open till Monday then I will set a poll and people can vote for the Mods then

BH

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Good good, getting the old vibe when logging on now, Wondering what new posts there is :P

Glad your doing something about it :)

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Good section, Looking forward for more competitions etc, Could even make it more exciting by offering small Forum prizes etc :)

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Silenced Member? That's charming. After all the recent work I've been doing around here, it's plain ****ing rude.

Meh, whatever.

merge posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I do laugh, notice there's a group of friends, who can hardly write proper sentences, and have no actual true knowledge of mir, or possibly even how to mod a forums, voting for each other as possible moderators.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
I do laugh, notice there's a group of friends, who can hardly write proper sentences, and have no actual true knowledge of mir, or possibly even how to mod a forums, voting for each other as possible moderators.

That did amuse me. Also I need to point out the fact that just because someone knows a lot about a certain thing (i.e. a section) doesn't mean they're moderator material. A mistake LOMCN has made for years.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Very good point, In all honesty I think sone of the "old school" members should be considered, as the longer you stick around you get to know the script.

I've never come across Celius so wouldn't know if making him a SMod is the best of ideas,( no offence intended ) I just thought it was quite suddon and without notice or informing members.

But I have faith in Babyhack, and hope Celius does a good job too :)

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK

I'm glad someone pointed this out at long last. It's a very true statement in itself along with Tai's point. However looking over twister DMK's posts it does look like most of them are good and helpful. Quite a good quality of a moderator.

/Czeldabolg

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Myself and Prai. Why not? We've both been here a long time, know how the forum works, know how to mod a forum (can only speak for myself there), have level heads (arguable, but isn't it always). If you have any doubts, why not use a trial period, monitoring closely etc.

Saying that I know fullwell current admins wouldn't give me a chance and I refuse to do it without my own account anyway, so I'm backing Prai for now.

Also I don't really like this public nomination idea as I don't believe it works in 90+% of cases and I'm not seeing many nominations so far...

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Due to the threads in the past where Praj has actually demonstrated helpful advice and brought issues to the admins attention and tried to look out for LOMCN I think he'd be a good candidate for it. He's also an oldschool member too so he knows how it works.

P.s what happened to Farphit? He was a good mod from what I recall?

/Czeldabolg

Why on earth can I not edit my posts... Anyway, Tai i'd agree you'd be a good mod but I also disagree due to some of your past events, Since you're an ex-moderator [if the title you've given is true] then there must be a reason why it was removed.

Congratulations to Celsius on SMod status also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Due to the threads in the past where Praj has actually demonstrated helpful advice and brought issues to the admins attention and tried to look out for LOMCN I think he'd be a good candidate for it. He's also an oldschool member too so he knows how it works.

/Czeldabolg

Why on earth can I not edit my posts... Anyway, Tai i'd agree you'd be a good mod but I also disagree due to some of your past events, Since you're an ex-moderator [if the title you've given is true] then there must be a reason why it was removed.

Merged them for you.

And thanks, i'll do my best as super mod :)

Reactions: czeldabolg

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham

/Czeldabolg

Farril/Farphit has modded on and off for years, he probably doesn't have the time/interest atm.

I haven't modded here since '04, when Beachy and DF were around. I was only removed because there were a lot more people back then to make complaints about me...it was nothing to do with the job I did or how I did it, just because a lot of people didn't want to see me in a position of power. Which is understandable because before that I was a total douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.