2.6 Server Guide - Basic Setting Up

Join Discord

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
!!Guide Updated to the Update.3 24/12/2008 Release!!

!QUICK BASIC GUIDE FOR VISTA AND XP USERS!

This Guide if for the 2.6 Server Files which LoMcN community is working on.. most of the work is of Azura and Lifco so please remember that credit is for them!

STEP 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------​

This files work with the Korean Client so we need to download it..
The Korean Client can be found here: MIRFILES

Log in using the username which is mirfiles and the password which is given then browse the ftp choosing OfficialClients/ then KoreaClient/ and finally choose mir2_20080213f.exe (671mb)

Download the client and start it..

When you open it press the right button..
Then press again the rightest button..
Then now we can choose where to place the client but before i need to say a few things.. if you also (like me) dont have asian chars installed then you will see something like this:
this2sv6.jpg

just to be sure that we are going to have full access to the folder change the last chars (¹Ì¸£ÀÇÀü¼³2) to a name that english people can read for example:
seeab5.jpg

note that i didnt take off those strange W with a line accross it because those actually mean \ and they must be left where they are..

now press again the rightest button and wait for it to install completly
when it has finished press the rightest button again

STEP 2
Download the Server Files From Here

extract them in C:\ so that you have this tree:
treedw0.jpg

---

Download the ClientEXE From Here

extract it and place the mir.ini and the mir2.exe in the korean client folder, overwrite the existing files..

---
Downloading the Update.2 21/12/2008,Update.3 24/12/2008 is useless if you follow this guide
---

Download the Update.4 30/12/2008 from here

Extract it and
copy the m2server.exe in the M2server folder overwriting the original m2server..
copy the mir2.exe in the M2server folder and also into the korean client folder
copy the data.mdb in the C:\mirserver\m2server\envir folder overwriting the already existing file

STEP 3

Download the server starter to lauch easier your server From Here

Extract it and place the "Server starter" folder into the Mirserver Folder..

Now open the server starter.exe and press Lauch Server

FAQS

How to edit items?
Go into the Mirserver folder, open the Mir DB Editor.. then press F2 then browse to C:\Mirserver\M2server\Envir and choose Data.mdb and press OK..

if it asks a password just leave it blank..then choose the tbl_stditems for editing items

How to become a GM?
Either use Lifco account which is Username: Lifco and password lifco else go into C:\Mirserver\M2server\Envir and open the Adminlist.txt and write
* yourcharname

Last edited:

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Hi i got server working fine offline but when i try getting it up online so others can connect i get this error when running the m2server...
[28/12/2008 13:59:14] Windows socket error: The requested address is not valid in its context (10049), on API 'bind'

Any help please?

Upvote 0

don killuminati

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 22, 2004
I'm having problems login in to my sever. I'm not getting the Gate 0 opening on my m2sever. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

SoundWave

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 2, 2003
lo people iv down loaded the koreanClient bt im having this problem wen i come 2 running it any body help plz ?

it seems 2 b that i dont have the access 2 press the next button wich iv circled in red

Attachments

• Screeny ov korean client.JPG
    Screeny ov korean client.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 290
Upvote 0

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Cos you replaced the W's with line through them with "\". The first post clearly tells you not to do that..

Cancel it and try again?

Upvote 0

SoundWave

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 2, 2003
iv not changed nothing mate thats how it opens wen i open the exe ? onli thing i have changed is the bit at the end to KoreanClient ?

Upvote 0

SoundWave

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 2, 2003
thx 4 the guide mStation got my server up and running thx again

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lordatrox

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2008
I have the server up and running now, but I cant seem to create chars, or if I can create them I cant log in I get past all teh gates and just keep getting server authentication error, anyone any idea how I can sort this? thanks in advance

/lord

Upvote 0

virus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 3, 2003
Newcastle
some of the links dont work, mainly from server files and below can you fix them please
ive been trying to get the 2.6 files.

Upvote 0

jiangjunguo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2009
I got a problem, i can connect to server and login, but when i chooes character and clieck start, pop a welcome windows after client kickout and close. what's wrong?

Upvote 0