Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Re: 3D Mir Weapons

I know several people, including myself, who could help you continue this.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006

Hi, i would just like to say these are awesome. As an experienced mir player with many good years dedicated to mir, this is a real hope to the future of a game which, in my opinion, was the birth point and portal to the MMORPG scene.

Im currently studying Animation Production at degree level. Being first year i have a basic knowledge with 3d modelling and animating, software of choice being Maya. Although the institute where i study is regarded as the best animation course within the country. Already i've been employed by a production team creating a short 2d/3d cross over film.

Basically what im trying to say is, i'd love to be of any help if you guys would consider continuing the project. Im quite confident with the modelling side of 3d production, which is the bit most appropriate for what you would be needing i guess? We are taught to draw concept art, then to convert our designs to rendered 3d. So i would also be able to developed new armours, weapons, monsters etc.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Out of interest how long did it take to make that entrance for example?

wolfman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2003

I only recently decided to try the SmartFoxServer Pro and it turns out you can actually run a game in a standalone client format and not just web player. I then integrated the server with our test environment and managed to get myself, Mask and another team member in-game running around and chatting. I found it seems to be much easier to transfer our single player game into a possible mmo game then other socket based servers.

Due to this success we may be considering re-launching the project.

We may require more modellers however.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich

This looks amazing. No other word for it. Mir in 3d would be absolutely epic. You would probably capture the majority of the mir community as a market... Also, please do a sowg and steel armour in 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004

this looks epic tbh , id pay to play even if the game wasnt so big :)

iam sure everyone here wouldnt mind chipping a fiver a month in , if it was slightly playable.

long way off like but just saying :P

wolfman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2003

What are peoples opinions on the camera angle for the game. Should we have full 3d movement of the camera or have it fixed isometric so essentially being 2.5d

Having the camera as high as it was in Mir would mean a lot of the detail may be lost. Having fully 3d camera would mean it may lose a lot of the Mir feeling.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK

Can't really tell until we test the both but i'd rather still keep the mir feeling, after all it is mir in 3d but shame you'd loose a lot of detail. Hmm.. can't decide lol

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006

which ever is more realistic approach to be honest. If you make too much workload for yourselves, you may run into alot of problems you cannot deal with. Taking you man power into consideration. Wouldnt 2.5d be easier for your team?

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.

Mask, i think i speak for the majority of the forum when i say "More images please =)"

Reactions: Shady

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

which ever is more realistic approach to be honest. If you make too much workload for yourselves, you may run into alot of problems you cannot deal with. Taking you man power into consideration. Wouldnt 2.5d be easier for your team?

Agree with this. Also I think it'd be better if you go fixed camera and have it like the new shanda game.

It will be discussed more over the weekend, but atm it seems to be back on, iv started working on it again anyway :) , so i will just keep plodding on for now.

on a side note we are looking for more of the following :

Terrain artist - creating terrains in 3d and painting them to specification (big role in design / layouts of world)
Modeller - Creating low/med poly models of a good standard - includes (buildings / environmental art(Foliage/trees etc) / Items / Mythical Beasts) - Also experience in animation would be a plus but not necessary.
Texture Artist - Creating unique textures (in photoshop or similar) to be used through out the world on models/terrain, (sizes ranging from 512x512 - 4096x4096)

If you have any of the above quality's, please pm me with your msn details, or post here.

Maybe worth pm'ing whoever said they were interested in this earlier on in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.