50 Meg Virgin Internet?

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
That's why we fucked BT off, was sick of the Fair Usage Policy (being FUP'd we'd call it).

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
A few people slagged VM off.

We cant complain.
Any problems is solved right away, even the foreign call centre are pretty helpful, unlike BT (Who a guy from BT was complaining about the other day at work, saying there fooking useless and always asks to be transferred to the UK centre)

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
I'm with be unlimited 24meg, have downloaded upwards of 1TB in a month and download a disgraceful amount every other month. Never had a wisper of a complaint.

One of my mates is on Virgin and gets 30meg IIRC, if he downloads over like 5gig a month they start capping his speeds. Disgusting. Internet revolution my ass.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
apparently they do it on a day to day basis rather than month to month so if u reached your 'fair share' the rest of the day you will enjoy low speeds when you pay for high speeds but apparently next day it all starts again but i dunno coz i rlly cba to read the terms of agreement lol

Wonders

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 16, 2004
Far Far Away
Why are all you lot complaining about VM? I mean there are a lot worse to have (AOL/Tiscali/BT/Freeserve - if its even still going)

So yeah, virgin is solid, I'm signing up with it once i finish moving house <3

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
A few people slagged VM off.

We cant complain.
Any problems is solved right away, even the foreign call centre are pretty helpful, unlike BT (Who a guy from BT was complaining about the other day at work, saying there fooking useless and always asks to be transferred to the UK centre)

BT are dire, never regretted anything more than going with them... they even ****ed my bill up and double charged me, even though they've admitted to it they still haven't refunded me, so as a result I stopped paying and wrote them a letter, they've cut me off and are "dealing with it" apparantly. Absolutely useless, every time you speak to a new person on the end of the phone you have to explain the entire situation again because they don't take notes or save information.

Last edited:

Wonders

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 16, 2004
Far Far Away
BT are dire, never regretted anything more than going with them... they even ****ed my bill up and double charged me, even though they've admitted to it they still haven't refunded me, so as a result I stopped paying and wrote them a letter, they've cut me off and are "dealing with it" apparantly. Absolutely useless, every time you speak to a new person on the end of the phone you have to explain the entire situation again because they don't take notes or save information.

sounds like AOL to me.

mapadale

Virgin Media are a great company to be with for your broadband, though there customer service is appaling.

Though all the call centers for Virgin Media are all UK bassed and the so called forign people working for them are all british citzerns.

They do have a fair usage policy and it mainly effects those that are on 20mb or the 50mb line. These are dropped down to 4mb line during the hours of 4pm and 12am.

Don't ever try to complain about anything for Virgin Media, as unless you have read the terms and conditions fully and understand them they will always try and have you over a barrel.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
I've actually only had around 8 problems in the last 5 years with AOL although they are a bit pricey but I'm that lazy I can't be arsed to change lol.

Dalisu

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 18, 2004
N.Ireland

agree with this guy. goin with bt was biggest mistake ever.. :mooned:

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
virgin pisses me off. when they took over they did the big push to get more customers without even upgrading there iwn internal infrastructure then slapping shaping rules on everyone.

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
I'm on the 50Mbit connection from virginmedia, normally get download speeds of 4.5-5MB/s if the server can suppy that, however my speed tests are erratic for my download speed lol, i've tried this on several PC's i dont have any caching turned on :s Speed test vary from 30 - 500mb/s lol upload is always 1-1.5mb/s though

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)

welcome to my slow world. It may go up in the morning to around 19 but thats no use to me as i will be working it a right pain

Dalisu

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 18, 2004
N.Ireland
this is why im leaving BT when contact ends in few months

408674317.png