AceM2 is running LOMCN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mighty3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 2, 2008
grantham
mite not be the right place but any way . these files acem2 are they the same has heroes files and would I be able to just trans over the envir over or would I have to start again .

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
To the point someone made about the signatures it was to move people away from 1.9 and 2.3, coders were working on new sets and people were still using 2.3 so we advertised the newest sets so people moved to it.

As stated previous you're going on at milo for heroes when the source was posted and people were told they could pick it up, you yourself can pick it up right now, but what i'm seeing isn't that, it's more the fact i'm seeing you after someones hard work, they've said they'll release it when they feel it right, if the user count goes down by that point, so be it. It's happened on mir multiple times, does this mean this is a bad set of server files if it occurs? Not at all, you're on about the skills of 2.3 yes that's called the groundwork, those spells will be in all file sets, yet others have been added and coded correctly. Whereas in 2.3 you had multiple issues.

I'm not quite sure what your point is David, you seem to just go on a tangent with oh he's said this he's said that, yet i've seen various posts from milo that answer your questions before, you're using OUT-DATED quotes, there was replies to this a month back, when it kicked up. And they said they'd found large issues at the time so they were working on it more. Hell 3 weeks ago people were being banned for exploits and large advantages, had these been in the release set people would of bitched like no tomorrow.

Be patient, that's all people are saying.

/Zelda

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
AceM2 is **** compared to jamies C# server setup .. wish he has people to help him!!!

---------- Post Merged at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Wow come august ive been on lomcn for a decade.... lol look at my post count... only got that high due to ACE M 2.... but jamies was 4x better gameplay.. nothing has beaten jamies work!!! hope Jamie gets It completed
Server LINK C# Mir2 Server LOMCN Forum

Last edited:

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
They are working fine on the server, yes. But that doesn't mean they are complete and stable for release.

By the way, this is NOT a test server anymore. It was a test server originally, but it's now an official server.

Nobody thinks these 2 sentences are contradictory of eachother?

There not stable? But your server running them is no longer a test server?

So your server is stable to no longer be a test server?

Also people are acting like they built these files from scratch themselves ... no, just no.
I am a skeptical person in general, but everything indicates to me, that the "glory" of running the most populated server has started to outweigh the moral implications of not releasing the files. I mean, Its no longer a test server. Their server IS stable. But the files that run there server supposedly arent.

Lets be realistic. Just be honest already, then at least the community can just ignore ACEM2 like they should have with DiamondM2?
Weve been down this road before, some of the people in this project were responsible for the last one lol.

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
Nobody thinks these 2 sentences are contradictory of eachother?

There not stable? But your server running them is no longer a test server?

So your server is stable to no longer be a test server?

Also people are acting like they built these files from scratch themselves ... no, just no.
I am a skeptical person in general, but everything indicates to me, that the "glory" of running the most populated server has started to outweigh the moral implications of not releasing the files. I mean, Its no longer a test server. Their server IS stable. But the files that run there server supposedly arent.

Lets be realistic. Just be honest already, then at least the community can just ignore ACEM2 like they should have with DiamondM2?
Weve been down this road before, some of the people in this project were responsible for the last one lol.

You say the files are stable so why is that the dbserv crashes now and again ? if it was stable it wouldn't be crashing.

I don't see a problem with just waiting until they feel there ready to be released to the public but you seem to think you know the server/file status better than what they do...

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
The guys who grow the apples are sitting there drinking apple juice, while at the same time telling us the apples arent good enough so we cant get any juice.
Either the apples are good for everyone, or the apples are no good.
Saying you will release, will not make a release happen. Releasing will make it happen.

Whatevvvver people SAY is just talk.

The apples are bad? then whats the problem with giving them away?

Im gunna say what i always say: If your interests lie with the community. OPEN THE SOURCE.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
The guys who grow the apples are sitting there drinking apple juice, while at the same time telling us the apples arent good enough so we cant get any juice.
Saying you will release, will not make a release happen. Releasing will make it happen.

Im gunna say what i always say: If your interests lie with the community. OPEN THE SOURCE.

And people who like you want the apple juice to be good for everyone so you can claim the apple juice for your own profit?You who does not own their apple juice owns rotten juice so you have no customers.
In other words you don't have the files to make your own server so you must use bad/old files meaning nobody/few will play your server.

At the end of the day it's their files they can do what they want with them. My point is that you shouldn't say your going to release the files when you have no intention to or if you are not certain they are ready. Getting peoples hopes up will cause arguing even if you have been working hard to fix the files so they "may" be released. I think when a project is in development no details regarding dates should be announced. The files should just be released when they are ready without pre-announcement.

SlippitySchlong

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2013
Keep the source closed and work at it. Have this be the Official LOMCN Mir 2 Server. There's no point having a load of wannabe servers that are quite literally a waste of bandwidth.

andykid131

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 16, 2006
These files are just to good to have only 1 server running them.. not to mention some people (like me) just want to get hold of the files for personal use (my brother and close friends both irl and over the internet) enjoy playing servers i make specificly for them.. not one to be put online and advertised.. we dont always have the time to be playing full fledged servers as we have jobs and other stuff to take care of day to day (just like alot of others do ) thats why they ask me to make servers for them to load up and play when they have the time.

Yes there are plenty of other files out there that can be used.. but just look at them, non of them hold a light to what these files are and could be.
The days of official servers are long gone, its the private servers that offer different rates and visions of the same files that have been keeping mir going for these past years.. to not release these files would be a distincly bad idea for the future of mir. =/

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
That maybe true. But look at it another way.

The longer their server stays up, the more people get bored of a euro clone. The more people getting bored of a euro clone, the more people leave. By the time they release, there might not be anyone left to play.

What if they never worked on these files at all and this conversation never existed? Would people be "leaving" Mir or would they be still be using other files? If people are "bored of a euro clone" (by the way, complete idiot for describing a server using these files as a Euro clone. Euro ended at 2.3) then why don't they go and play one of the other servers using other files? No one's going to LEAVE MIR because a particular set of files is limited to one group/one server. Stop talking out your arse.

As for you David; are you so keen on this because you're waiting to make a new amazing server yourself? The day you release a server I'll eat my hat. Put down the wooden spoon already, troll.

Truth is, not many people like playing a server with 15 players. Why you all so hungry to get back to it?

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
What if they never worked on these files at all and this conversation never existed? Would people be "leaving" Mir or would they be still be using other files?

If they never worked on these files at all there would still be work going on with the Heroes files. People would still be using them, not comparing to these. So your argument is invalid, people would have access to the latest set of files and thus wouldn't be using the files a generation behind.

If people are "bored of a euro clone" (by the way, complete idiot for describing a server using these files as a Euro clone. Euro ended at 2.3) then why don't they go and play one of the other servers using other files?

Complete idiot for describing this as a euro clone? I believe its you talking out of your arse. They are low rate, with near euro stats with euro content and a few new features added.

No one's going to LEAVE MIR because a particular set of files is limited to one group/one server. Stop talking out your arse.

Of course they are, Take a trip out of your ivory tower and take a look around. No one is interested in playing any of these new servers coming out that are using out of date files. They are using files that are no longer being developed and are dead in the water. They have no future.

Truth is, not many people like playing a server with 15 players. Why you all so hungry to get back to it?

Because people like variety.

Kamikaze

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2005
I'm not jealous at all.
It's just kinda stupid to see Acem2 all the way, kinda feels like other servers have no chance anymore.

I'm keeping my server up as long as i have atleast 1 person playing, but i know alot of servers will be gone soon.

good, one server for all to play!

SlippitySchlong

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2013
good, one server for all to play!
Exactly, no segregation. Just the whole of LOMCN on one decent server. It should be illegal for anybody to make a server that will only attract a tiny player base, a complete waste of everybody's time.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Lol you cant stop people from making a server. Plus a lomcn server been tired befor and failed.

I ll stick to my files and programer.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

hi tuma u gay.

i completely agree with u, but we've always thought the same kinda thing!

they said the files were gonna be released to public, got the hype up, got everyone to come "test" the files in the hope of a release.. and now they got a decent server and they are gonna stick to it.

Id imagine the plan all along was to release if server went bad, and keep to themselves if server went well.

I have no issues with them not releasing the files/source... as i understand wot it means to put that amount of effort into something to just give it away. However if you say your going to release them after testing.... you should keep to your word.

the files WILL keep mir alive... however if they keep with the TD mind-set of being greedy and trying to control it... mir will most likely die.

I honestly thought mir was coming to its last legs, but then i saw these files a few months ago and thought maybe theres hope yet... i come check back to see if the files r released yet to have a mess about with, and as i suspected its the same old broken promises lol.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
As said a million times, the files will be released when they are stable.

Perhaps you should define what you mean by stable. I think from other peoples point of view is that the files are in working order and are playable which to them means they should be release.

If you say what YOU mean by stable then perhaps they will understand why you haven't released yet.
Do you mean 100% bug free?
Do you mean all spells working 100% how they should?
Do you mean all characters are balanced for PVP and PVE?

Status
Not open for further replies.