AceM2: Official Server now online

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Samuel, you could always just add a separate damage variable for pets.

Meaning, they'd do say, 300% damage to mobs, but normal damage to players. This makes them great for levelling only, and doesn't ruin PvP. Obviously the numbers are completely random, but you get the idea. Obviously need tweaking so they can't go about soloing boss's willy nilly, but to be frank, tao's always could solo most boss's it just took time.

Tao's have and always should be, the support class. I don't get why people expect them to do ranged DPS like a wizzy would.

Purity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 25, 2007
Tao's have and always should be, the support class. I don't get why people expect them to do ranged DPS like a wizzy would.

That's true like I said in my previous post, but every class should be able to deal damage and it's not as if Taos have any other ranged DPS spells. They're next to impossible to solo level atm and it's becoming tedious.

But yeah, if you don't think it's a great idea upping SFB then use Kori's idea as that would be good too, at least it's something.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Samuel, you could always just add a separate damage variable for pets.

Meaning, they'd do say, 300% damage to mobs, but normal damage to players. This makes them great for levelling only, and doesn't ruin PvP. Obviously the numbers are completely random, but you get the idea. Obviously need tweaking so they can't go about soloing boss's willy nilly, but to be frank, tao's always could solo most boss's it just took time.

tbh it would make more sense to restructure all spells in this fashion, seperate strengths for pvp / pve.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
any chance we can get seperate videos for all of the new skills? i would love to see them lol, ive no all skills upto blizzard and poisoncloud and rage etc

xAxNxAx

BadToTheBone
Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2010
Next To You
any chance by some of u do an autopatcher for this server??when im downloading full client i doubleclick the "setup.exe" wait about 20-30 mins and noth happend..like i didnt double click the setup..any ideas what to do or there is an autopatcher somewhere for this game??thx

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
tbh it would make more sense to restructure all spells in this fashion, seperate strengths for pvp / pve.

Would take far too much time and effort to do all spells like this. Not sure it would work that well either, as most spells are perfectly fine pvp wise and pve wise... just it seems pets are always the exception.

disco

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2003
Cant get the download to work, tried all 3 of the links each failed part way through, tried using a download manager and it says it will take 600+ hours...

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Just logged on and wont let me pm anybody ? I cant type /hello ( For example ) And nothing comes up.... Any help please?

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Just logged on and wont let me pm anybody ? I cant type /hello ( For example ) And nothing comes up.... Any help please?

gotta type /name hello , just typing /name wont send anything.

Reb

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2013
Loughborough
From the taos lack of damage point of view, if i remember correctly the same debate happened on the official servers to ...which i believe is where the +holy stats first came from (i may be mistaken it was a long while ago ;p)

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
gotta type /name hello , just typing /name wont send anything.

/squatts Hello = message works

/squatts [then nothing] won't work.

On another note, can I ask the GMs if any further content is going to be released? Not so much for items but I mean leveling places etc?

The high levels are getting bored now -.-

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
[video=youtube;aNaNjNrTYzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNaNjNrTYzs[/video]

Just saying...

Sam

[video=youtube;-dE9mpweusE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dE9mpweusE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Just saying... :P

2x Tao with 4x Pets vs. 1x Warr not even trying (The Shinsu just noticed on the right is a bugged one)

Nemo

Last edited:

Purity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 25, 2007
[video=youtube;-dE9mpweusE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dE9mpweusE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Just saying... :P

2x Tao with 4x Pets vs. 1x Warr not even trying (The Shinsu just noticed on the right is a bugged one)

Nemo

Level 38 and 40 Taos btw, just for reference :p

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
People actually trying to argue tao's should out DPS warrs? lol.

What has happened to Mir.

From the taos lack of damage point of view, if i remember correctly the same debate happened on the official servers to ...which i believe is where the +holy stats first came from (i may be mistaken it was a long while ago ;p)

There's some truth to this. They added Holy to all tao weapons to give them a much easier time against Undead mobs when using spells, as this was the common mob race in Mir. It just made things a little easier but only against undead mobs. Normal (tamable) mobs weren't effected.

Last edited:

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
People actually trying to argue tao's should out DPS warrs? lol.

no but if u take into account thats 2 taos killed 30seconds after warrior, warrior could infact kill 4 of these before 1 tao, and that's without accounting for their AOE abilitys such as half moon / crosshalfmoon.

i believe tao should be somewhere around the half way mark, not less than a quarter.

Purity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 25, 2007
Also me and Mask were fully buffed up whereas Nemo wasn't. No one has said they wan't to out DPS warriors, Koriban, all we wan't is to be able to dish out viable DPS. Right now it isn't even worse having SFB binded to a key, that's how bad it is.

What's the point in giving Taos a damage spell when it doesn't even do any damage?

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
I pvped 2 taos and forcing me to rt, pvp wise i think there damage is fine.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
no but if u take into account thats 2 taos killed 30seconds after warrior, warrior could infact kill 4 of these before 1 tao, and that's without accounting for their AOE abilitys such as half moon / crosshalfmoon.

i believe tao should be somewhere around the half way mark, not less than a quarter.

That would actually lower their DPS greatly. The sole reason their able to do this is because of TDB and FS's single target damage being vastly superior. 1v1 they'll obliterate, always have done.

I agree that you need something buffed, and I've already stated, it should be your pets' damage towards mobs. Not your spells.

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
There's some truth to this. They added Holy to all tao weapons to give them a much easier time against Undead mobs when using spells, as this was the common mob race in Mir. It just made things a little easier but only against undead mobs. Normal (tamable) mobs weren't effected.

I agree - Give them the Holy stats that's fine. And even. No point increasing normal damage even just to SFB as pvp will be vastly op'd. And Taos have always been the hardest to lvl.. but best at PVP. Wizards are different. They are awesome and lvling but crap at pvp. Warriors are in the middle.

Right. next topic:

PLEASE INFORM US WHAT THE NEXT PIECE OF CONTENT IS GONG TO BE AND A ROUGH TIME-FRAME PLEASE?

thankyouloveyoubye.
Squatts.

Status
Not open for further replies.