AceM2: Official Server now online

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
taos always been **** solo lvlers. your expecting too much for a lowrate taoist
yeh but i guess its ok to let warriors abuse bug cave and gain 10x more exp than any solo dps class can. amirite?

Reb

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2013
Loughborough
yeh but i guess its ok to let warriors abuse bug cave and gain 10x more exp than any solo dps class can. amirite?

its hardly abuse lol as wizzes got the same deal ,it was based off the mass killing of mobs, giving lots of x2 exp/power quest completions which basically stacked up ...something else taos cant do solo, the kill quests are definitely not tao friendly

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
its hardly abuse lol as wizzes got the same deal ,it was based off the mass killing of mobs, giving lots of x2 exp/power quest completions which basically stacked up ...something else taos cant do solo, the kill quests are definitely not tao friendly

you cant tell me he didn't notice something was up getting more exp in a lvl 20-30 cave, then all the higher level areas , when hes 10-20 levels higher than the mobs there.

and i agree with you point about kill quests, another system geared towards war / wiz.

Purity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 25, 2007
I agree - Give them the Holy stats that's fine. And even. No point increasing normal damage even just to SFB as pvp will be vastly op'd. And Taos have always been the hardest to lvl.. but best at PVP. Wizards are different. They are awesome and lvling but crap at pvp. Warriors are in the middle.

How have Taos always been the best at PVP? They're only viable when they hit level 40 and have Curse. Pets are useless as they can be killed in 5 or 6 hits by a warrior and do 0 damage.

Wizzards are hardly **** at PVP either as they can bubble up, FC you and TS you when you get close.

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
That would actually lower their DPS greatly. The sole reason their able to do this is because of TDB and FS's single target damage being vastly superior. 1v1 they'll obliterate, always have done.

I agree that you need something buffed, and I've already stated, it should be your pets' damage towards mobs. Not your spells.

If a Warr had 3 mobs on them and was using halfmoon, they would still be doing the same damage to 1 mob, still using TDB and FS, just when they get to the next, it would have a bit less hp, and therefore would die quicker, the mob after that, less hp still. So what you're saying is kinda invalid. Tempted to make another vid showing this point.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
If a Warr had 3 mobs on them and was using halfmoon, they would still be doing the same damage to 1 mob, still using TDB and FS, just when they get to the next, it would have a bit less hp, and therefore would die quicker, the mob after that, less hp still. So what you're saying is kinda invalid. Tempted to make another vid showing this point.

This would be true, if you didn't flinch 3 times as much in the process stopping your hits. Obviously depends on your AC.

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
Jesus, it's the same crap every server, I WANT MY CLASS TO BE THE BEST AT EVERYTHING! Please go and re-read the descriptions of each class and what they are best suited for. Holy ****.
I play a tao, they are great the way they are ffs.

Last edited:

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
Jesus, it's the same crap every server, I WANT MY CLASS TO BE THE BEST AT EVERYTHING! Please go and re-read the descriptions of each class and what they are best suited for. Holy ****.
I play a tao, they are great the way they are ffs.

^^ This. I agree. Thank you. Someone who's not crying because they find their class "can't do as much damage as another". Go lvl.

---------- Post Merged at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Can I ask when any new content is going to be released? I.E new lvling places etc? Are there actually going to be any new places coming in? Or is what we have now all it's ever going to be? (I'm impatient I know).

Purity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 25, 2007
^^ This. I agree. Thank you. Someone who's not crying because they find their class "can't do as much damage as another". Go lvl.

lol Squatts, go play as a Tao and then comment. It's hard to level when your skeleton dies 5 times on one Oma in PB and your SFB hits 20 damage each time.

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
lol Squatts, go play as a Tao and then comment. It's hard to level when your skeleton dies 5 times on one Oma in PB and your SFB hits 20 damage each time.

wow.... I didn't say it wasn't hard - did I ? I said there's no point winging because something's hard. If something's hard... make it not hard. By leveling:P Those words you put in my mouth didn't taste nice lol.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
wow.... I didn't say it wasn't hard - did I ? I said there's no point winging because something's hard. If something's hard... make it not hard. By leveling:P Those words you put in my mouth didn't taste nice lol.
lol you seriously dont get it do you, the thing thats hard for taos IS leveling.
a level 22 wiz or 22 war deal more damage solo than a lvl 41 tao, fact, something is clearly wrong when a class nearly 20 levels lower deals more dmg.

sick of arguing vs people who either don't even play the server, people who haven't even played a taoist on here , people who have nothing to back their argument that taos are fine, and continue to slander any class which isnt their own.

Last edited:

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
lol you seriously dont get it do you, the thing thats hard for taos IS leveling.
a level 22 wiz or 22 war deal more damage solo than a lvl 41 tao, fact, something is clearly wrong when a class nearly 20 levels lower deals more dmg.

sick of arguing vs people who either don't even play the server, people who haven't even played a taoist on here , people who have nothing to back their argument that taos are fine, and continue to slander any class which isnt their own.

Not arguing. Just debating dude. Difference. That's a bit of bs really. Ceef (lvl 40+tao) poisons me once... and does more than 250hp damage the whole time the spells lasts??? If she can get to 40+ so can you.

Leveling isn't hard. Have faith in yourself and do what hundreds of Mir players have done before you and will do after you. Grind it out bebeh :P

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Not arguing. Just debating dude. Difference. That's a bit of bs really. Ceef (lvl 40+tao) poisons me once... and does more than 250hp damage the whole time the spells lasts??? If she can get to 40+ so can you.

Leveling isn't hard. Have faith in yourself and do what hundreds of Mir players have done before you and will do after you. Grind it out bebeh :P

And that helps lvling how? Are you aware how long poison lasts? A warrior can deal that damage in less than 3 hits which takes a fraction of the time poison takes to deal 250 dmg.

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
Server seems pretty tempting, what's user count like?

130+ peak times but thats a bit misleading as people are multi clienting for mining and stalls, but has quite a nice amount of users.

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
And that helps lvling how? Are you aware how long poison lasts? A warrior can deal that damage in less than 3 hits which takes a fraction of the time poison takes to deal 250 dmg.
Don't play a tao then??????????? TAO IS A SUPPORT CLASS, NOT A WARRIOR????????? GET A GROUP AND LEVEL????????? 3 Heroes????????????
And yes I DO PLAY A TAO and on this server.
I like how you are comparing Tao to Warrior and Wizard, both of which ALWAYS could dish out more damage than a Tao, silly.
Good grief Charlie Brown.

Last edited:

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Don't play a tao then??????????? TAO IS A SUPPORT CLASS, NOT A WARRIOR????????? GET A GROUP AND LEVEL????????? 3 Heroes????????????
And yes I DO PLAY A TAO and on this server.
I like how you are comparing Tao to Warrior and Wizard, both of which ALWAYS could dish out more damage than a Tao, silly.
Good grief Charlie Brown.

tao is a support class o rly? there are 3 characters in this game?? tell me more? warrior and wiz have always done more damage than tao? tell me something i don't already know.

im not asking to do more dps than wiz or warrior.

simple minded people, psh.

Status
Not open for further replies.