AceM2 - The next generation of Mir

Join Discord

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
think he means applem2 its what these files are based/translated from i believe. although it would be cool to have linux/apple users on board too :)

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
well its the 11th tomorrow, hopfull they are releasing the files. Time will tell i guess,

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
well doesn't surprise me one bit.

comone Milo :P release them already lol

don't keep us waiting :D

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Yeah it won't be today, sorry guys. I've had no time to get something presentable together, need to talk to the rest of the team about sorting something out.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
what a disappointment, what kind of changes have you done to your sever so far? surely cant be much

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
Yeah it won't be today, sorry guys. I've had no time to get something presentable together, need to talk to the rest of the team about sorting something out.

Doesn't really require to be presentable just yet, just a basic guide on setting the files up would be nice and others could help including myself after it's been released to tidy it up or what not. Then we can start creating/porting are servers to the new files which might i add look very promising so thanks.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
it would be cool to have linux/apple users on board too :)

mac users can play from virtual windows, their machines are plenty fast enough for that. Many macs can also reboot into windows (bootcamp) when it comes to that.

And linux pple can use virtualbox virtualization too?

Zero2.3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 19, 2009
I try to avoid responding to negative comments because I generally think that they are not worth my time, however, when it is a lie as well as a negative comment I just can't help myself :).

1: I can't think where the Mir private community would be without Milo's constant research and updates/releases of files, and I am offended for him on this comment, because no matter what other members of the team may or may not have done in the past, Milo has always contributed where he can.

2: I am offended by "before anyone start's flaming me, Ive found a set of AppleM2 files and looking into them." As if we have not spent copious amounts of time fixing and adding to these files that you could then just pick up the AppleM2 files and it will be at or in and around the same state of what we have now. Do tell us how to plan to add all of the skills, light system, sql db's, mob ai's and everything else that we have worked on, before we have a chance to release the server files.

Server files will be released once we get to a point that we are comfortable enough that we can start adding new content, instead of just tweaking existing content.

We plan for AceM2 Server to be the first to get any of the new features/updates and being the main test hub before we do official releases.

Sam

was posted the other day. If the team doesn't feel it's right to release yet it's for a good reason, Be patient whilst you wait :)

myjan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2011
East Sussex
been playing a few weeks 1 thing I don't like is hbk66 would rather lose the 66 part but its ok great files good fun to play lets hope its stays up for a long time time as I cba to lvl then server gone like loads do tbh but good luck ppl its great

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
OK, this is fact:
TwinDrakeBlade does not penetrate defence as it is supposed to.
It has a time delay which it shouldnt.

This is same situation as it has been on any files TheDeath is involved in.

In the end wizard will rape all, TheDeath plays wizard.

This is opinion:
TheDeath will not let it be official euro skills, to protect wizard (magicshield) being penetrated by warriors.

Why do we have a Euro clone, where everything except the one skill dangerous to wizards is the same as it was on euro?

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but im basing this idea on 5 years of historical evidence, where every skill is coded as close to euro as possible, except TDB. The only skill that gains an advantage from this Nerfing of TDB is.... MAGICSHIELD[damage sustained/3].

Tell me I am wrong, Please.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I'm not sure on the MagicShield part, as it SHOULD hit through Shield but it doesn't have a time delay on it?

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
I'm not sure on the MagicShield part, as it SHOULD hit through Shield but it doesn't have a time delay on it?

To clarify.

The only defensive stat and/or ability to affect TDB should be Agility.
an Ac100-100 Mob should get hit by TDB from a warrior with Dc1-1. That mob should suffer 1+1 damage.
An Ac100-100 wizard with magicshield up should take 5+5 damage from a warrior with 5Dc.

The only function to change with skill level should be Mp Cost going from -40(charge&hit)lvl0 to -20(charge&hit)lvl3
Also poison duration increases with level. Poison effect should be inability to use skills, inability to run, Damage+50%

That is how it was in European server. It was like that because it was the only way a warrior can outdamage flamefield & Magicshield combo. Hp items such as +200hp armor were introduced at the same time as a defence to TDB for wizards. You cannot have pure MC wizards tanking warriors with Magicshield yet doing more dps.

Currently TDB is just double hitting (and not even at 100% Dc below level3) effectively it is only increasing attack speed with a chance to poison. at lvl0 it actually produces NEGATIVE dps to normal hitting. I dont think anyone will be allowed to change it. It has never been fixed in any files TheDeath has ever worked on. EVER.

These are facts.

Edit:
TDBs second hit is simply a mirror of the first hits damage. I think you will find if you Pararing + TDB eachother, that each TDB damage is causing a chance to freeze/poison/pararing, this is not how it should be as you will bring effective chance from 1/15 to 1/7.5 which is way too high.when you factor in poison and freezing gems, this is a major oversight/bug.

Last edited:

andykid131

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 16, 2006
Soo any update on when these files are being released to public?

Really want to get a hold of these so i can see how they work.. Fed up using the heroes files as there so buggy now.. =/

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
To clarify.

The only defensive stat and/or ability to affect TDB should be Agility.
an Ac100-100 Mob should get hit by TDB from a warrior with Dc1-1. That mob should suffer 1+1 damage.
An Ac100-100 wizard with magicshield up should take 5+5 damage from a warrior with 5Dc.

The only function to change with skill level should be Mp Cost going from -40(charge&hit)lvl0 to -20(charge&hit)lvl3
Also poison duration increases with level. Poison effect should be inability to use skills, inability to run, Damage+50%

That is how it was in European server. It was like that because it was the only way a warrior can outdamage flamefield & Magicshield combo. Hp items such as +200hp armor were introduced at the same time as a defence to TDB for wizards. You cannot have pure MC wizards tanking warriors with Magicshield yet doing more dps.

Currently TDB is just double hitting (and not even at 100% Dc below level3) effectively it is only increasing attack speed with a chance to poison. at lvl0 it actually produces NEGATIVE dps to normal hitting. I dont think anyone will be allowed to change it. It has never been fixed in any files TheDeath has ever worked on. EVER.

These are facts.

Edit:
TDBs second hit is simply a mirror of the first hits damage. I think you will find if you Pararing + TDB eachother, that each TDB damage is causing a chance to freeze/poison/pararing, this is not how it should be as you will bring effective chance from 1/15 to 1/7.5 which is way too high.when you factor in poison and freezing gems, this is a major oversight/bug.

That's not 100% correct.
TDB's official coding had one normal hit and one 'true damage' hit. For example, if a warrior used the spell with 45 DC, the first hit would be like any other with the damage being calculated by the opponent or mobs ac/magic shield. The second hit however, would just take off 45 hp, using 'true damage' just like the thrusting spell.

That's how it's coded in the phili files anyway.