APB: All Points Bulletin

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
apb.png

The game takes place in a modern-day, fictional city of San Paro where there is a constant battle between "Enforcers" and "Criminals", and the player will need to decide to which Faction they want to belong.

Other activities involving missions within the game allowing the player to earn extra money, which then can be used to upgrade weapons, vehicles, and their character appearances, all which influence the game itself.[3] For example, several Criminal players may rob a convenience store within the game; the game will then seek out one or more Law Enforcement players of equivalent skills and other criteria, and will issue an all-points bulletin for them to stop the robbery.

APB also claims it will be the first Massively multiplayer online game title where the player's skill determines the character's progression, as opposed to the normal model of time investment.

At Game Developers Conference 2009 it was announced that Vivox would be providing voice chat for the game, the software allows players to customize the voice of their characters with voice fonts, and also to communicate using 3D positional audio.

It has also been revealed that you will be able to synchronize music from your hard drive to the in-game radio. If another player owns the same song being played, it will appear as an ambient sound from your car. However, if the player in question does not own the song: Last.fm will automatically match the track with any similar artist.

Gameplay
Website
_

Ordering this tomorrow, seems good. Anyone else planning on joining?

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
im a cop at the moment and your only allowed 5 hours in the main district but you can be in the social district for as long as you want

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
Played it in closed beta with Qautor, Criminals ftw :P. Was fun just gets boring after a while if you're playing on your own though =/, much better if you play with friends. Might buy it next week got nothing else to play atm.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Wond tried persueding me to get it... But I can't justify paying £25 for the game without trying it first... I'll probably just get bored of it.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Seen it when it was in development, just looked like GTA to me, not a game you can play more then a month tbh, looks fun at first but gets boring each day, i will most likly buy it to test it tho ;p.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
This game looks intresting might try it out. Few questions i have to ask.

Can i try this game out before i go buy it ?
How much is it ? (Not that im botherd about the price)
I belive its just come out of beta, how long has it been live for ?

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
This game looks intresting might try it out. Few questions i have to ask.

Can i try this game out before i go buy it ?
How much is it ? (Not that im botherd about the price)
I belive its just come out of beta, how long has it been live for ?

No

£20 on amazon.

About a month?

played it for 25hours and all rdy getting bored, itas basiclly a 4d person shooter with 4v4 matches....

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
No free trials or anything? Sounds pretty grim, don't fancy risking 20 quid on a game I might not even like :S

/Nymph