AppleM2

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I'm kind of pissed off that i've had to make this thread really, about a year back i had all files for this source but sadly www.applem2.co.uk and www.A3M2.co.uk went down. Now we have the source again (both 2.5D and A3M2) no one can find the client patches (.paks) or a working DB.

I know for a fact Samuel and his team have this and do not even have a use for them as they use .WZL not .PAK (even though applem2 didnt go as far as the interface anyways).

So , could you please release the needed files for people to start on their own AppleM2 source, no offence but i'm not waiting to use binaries.

If you don't want to release, then could you tell me the filenames of the .pak files we need and i will hunt them down myself. I know theres a "Resource" folder, but i need the .pak names inside for the JX Interface.

Thanks

EDIT: You know exactly what i am talking about when i mean patches from www.applem2.co.uk, so cough it up

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
First of all, we are happy to help out with things such as this... This is certainly the first I have heard that the community were unable to get the AppleM2 sources to work due to the lack of .paks.

Secondly, we have been working on these sources for almost 2 years, to remember exactly what pak's are missing would be impossible for us, so instead of getting "pissed off" with us, how about you stop expecting to be spoon feed, do a search in the source for ".pak", and tell us which libraries you need...

Everyone has access to the AceM2 client which is still available to download (and includes all of the .pak's we used to get it to work), so I really don't see the issue here, other than someone expecting us to run around and do all the work for them...

My mind,
Sam

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Just had it confirmed by Milo that the .pak files are still in use on the Acem2 client. I wasn't expecting to be spoon fed, however i do not have the acem2 client and never did so i couldn't find the .pak files i needed. I would look through the source itself but i don't have delphi and i'm my mother in laws PC.

In the release section "Latest AppleM2 Source" there is about 3 pages about people struggling to get into game, i have tried to supply videos / other sources to get people going so to say i'm asking to be spoon fed is a bit over exaggerated and rude to say the least. Okay fair enough you got work to do but your also the only team that could supply support for others to continue on the source your started from. All i was asking was that you take a broader look at the community and other something other than a fancy video :)

Yes i think the work your doing is great, but lets be honest...its for the benefit of your team, its a great feeling to have the best of the best but you have to come down of your peddle stool now and then to help out the rest.

Sorry if i ruffled your feathers...master, i will continue my search on chinese websites for the elusive pak files we so dearly need.

EDIT: Gezza are they from AceM2 ? Uploading won't be necessary as they changed the images in the .pak files, i will need to download them all myself from some chinese website

As for the database, i need to find a relatively close set of files and use the DB from that. Then we can finally supply the community with the potential of coding their own AppleM2 server.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Theres a few missing from the acem2 if i remember correctly, the db's u need are here. I've started translating them but not finished ;p

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Just had it confirmed by Milo that the .pak files are still in use on the Acem2 client. I wasn't expecting to be spoon fed, however i do not have the acem2 client and never did so i couldn't find the .pak files i needed. I would look through the source itself but i don't have delphi and i'm my mother in laws PC.

In the release section "Latest AppleM2 Source" there is about 3 pages about people struggling to get into game, i have tried to supply videos / other sources to get people going so to say i'm asking to be spoon fed is a bit over exaggerated and rude to say the least. Okay fair enough you got work to do but your also the only team that could supply support for others to continue on the source your started from. All i was asking was that you take a broader look at the community and other something other than a fancy video :)

Yes i think the work your doing is great, but lets be honest...its for the benefit of your team, its a great feeling to have the best of the best but you have to come down of your peddle stool now and then to help out the rest.

Sorry if i ruffled your feathers...master, i will continue my search on chinese websites for the elusive pak files we so dearly need.

EDIT: Gezza are they from AceM2 ? Uploading won't be necessary as they changed the images in the .pak files, i will need to download them all myself from some chinese website

As for the database, i need to find a relatively close set of files and use the DB from that. Then we can finally supply the community with the potential of coding their own AppleM2 server.

Your right the team is very busy, and if approached we are more than happy to help, but don't expect us to actively pursue your problems... You could of easily of sent myself or Milo (which it seems you have done so anyway) instead of attempting to name and shame me personally and make it out as if I am maliciously keeping these files from the community...

They are already publicly available for anyone to use.

Sam

EDIT: As for a working db, AppleM2 uses the old .db format, one of the first tasks we worked on was converting the files to mssql and completely changed the structure, so our db's would be useless to the existing Applem2 files...

Last edited:

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
If you would of asked me i could of hooked you up

I still get all the updates from a3 as im in there svn group, as i tho you know this

You do know the version on here is super old, like of the start of this year the skin /cursor setup to a folder with mulit user end choice
(player can pick instead of pre coded)

Also the heg test has been added to the m2server now so you can screenshot / test without being ingame

Plus loads and loads on ingame stuff

50 each :)

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
What features dose this A3 source have? I been working on Applem2 source past week, getting it all fixed it up and working which is pretty much done, but if A3 has some nice new stuff, wouldn't mind taking a look and adding it to Apple.

If it's the A3 source posted on here then that nothing, they just changed how you login in game with encryptions and crap, didn't see anything new feature wise.

Oh and Sam, i don't suppose you kept a bug log when you was developing the source? would save us time.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Lifco can you send me a pm with all the links to get my source up and running again, cheers buddy!