Battlefield 3

smoochy boys on tour

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
Anyone else receive an invite to the Alpha Trial? Downloading it now gonna give it a go later.

Reactions: Kani

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
I laugh at everyone who thinks this will kill call of duty on the consoles. Call of duty is made for consoles, this is made for pc's it will always be far worse on consoles then call of duty is.
while the graphics will be alot worse on the consoles than pc, bf3 is built on a much better engine than cod which brings better animation taken from EA sports games / destructible buildings / and probably better lighting/graphics as it is likely to handle graphics more efficiently than the cod engine.

i wouldn't say it will kill cod, but maybe it will make activision think twice about trying to milk their players in the future.

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
I just got an invite to do this, but seeing as it's only on pc ( i think ) I wont be doing it.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
ace game but prone kills the game pace i can see this bing more a campfest than the last game

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
Yea it's random. I laughed when i first read the invite, because of what it said means nothing to do with me.

Hi evilfangs,

As one of our valued and trusted Battlefield players, we are happy to invite you to participate in the Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial. All the instructions you need to join are printed below.

We are inviting you specifically because we think you have a great interest in the Battlefield series, and because we think you understand the technical issues that might arise this early in a game's development cycle.

The purpose of the Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial is to do a number of server-related tests in preparation for game launch, including load testing our back-end. We are also looking to you to provide us with any feedback on the entire Alpha Trial experience.

Please note that this is not the Open Beta due in September, it's not the Beta promised to buyers of Medal of Honor™ Limited Edition and this is not a public demo. This is a highly tech-focused Alpha Trial that does not represent final quality of the game. Performance at this early stage of development will potentially be choppy and far from optimal, and we will bring the servers down at our leisure if needed. There will be periods of downtime and periods when we run tests that will negatively affect the performance on the Alpha Trial servers (leading to lag and rubber banding, etc.).

The available slots are limited, so make sure to redeem your unique Alpha Trial code before they run out (see instructions below).

If you choose to join this Alpha Trial, please do not publically post information, images, videos or your impressions of it. If you have any questions or concerns, please leave your feedback directly to us at DICE in the closed Alpha Trial forum we have set up specifically for this purpose.

The Battlefield 3 team and I here at DICE are looking forward to your participation.

Cheers.

I like "we think you have a great interest in the Battlefield series" i have only played one Battlefield game and i didn't even like it :P

---------- Post added 02-08-2011 at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was 30-07-2011 at 01:52 PM ----------

Not sure if the news i heard is true but if it is true then i wont be buying BF3.
I was going to get it second hand, but the news i heard was you got to pay for multiplayer if you buy second hand. It's some stupid code thing which you have to enter to get online.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Not sure if the news i heard is true but if it is true then i wont be buying BF3.
I was going to get it second hand, but the news i heard was you got to pay for multiplayer if you buy second hand. It's some stupid code thing which you have to enter to get online.

Yeah they like most companies now are using an Online Pass system. Don't be shocked if Activision pull it too for CoD. I don't buy stuff used so things like that never affect me.

Thanks again for the code btw, found it runs really well on my gaming PC but not so well on my Laptop. Will be picking up 360 version anyway.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Dose this mean you could use a pirated copy and then just pay for multiplayer ?

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
Yeah they like most companies now are using an Online Pass system. Don't be shocked if Activision pull it too for CoD. I don't buy stuff used so things like that never affect me.

Thanks again for the code btw, found it runs really well on my gaming PC but not so well on my Laptop. Will be picking up 360 version anyway.

I always buy call of duty on the night it comes out :P
The thing with BF is i'm not that into it and i was going to buy it second hand to see if i liked this one, but with the online pass system it looks like i wont be buying it.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
[video=youtube;m8S_eEv_A5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8S_eEv_A5k[/video]

never been a fan of vehicles in pvp, but that dog fighting looks pretty fun.