black screen after clicking start on char screen

smoochy boys on tour

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
instead of tht welcome msg cummin up it stays black plz help :)

nettim2k

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2006
make sure the comp ur using to host and get ingame isnt laggy,try connectin to the server from another computer,90% of the time that happens is because of lagg

Upvote 0

Kekekeke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2006
Wrong .exe or Wrong IP(s) / Server Name.

Make sure server name is exactly as it is meant to be. (capitals do matter)

Upvote 0

Kekekeke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2006
Every server has a different .exe to a different set of files, make sure your using that servers specific .exe.

Upvote 0

Tjss

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 28, 2005
Buckie, Scotland
Every time you reboot the server, try adding a letter / number / symbol
to the notice line C:/MirServer/Mir200/Envir/Notice/Notice.txt
This might be youre problem.

Upvote 0

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
any certain rules with notice? like any special symbols? and is line notice 1 u get wen u log in yes? well i tryed editing the notice and it didnt work :(. any other ideas people? and thanx 4 1s already said :)

Upvote 0

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
UnPnP!! Not sure if that has an effect on 2.3, I presume it will.

Download and enable UnPnP(or is it disable?) pretty sure you gotta' enable it though, then try rebooting server and trying again.

Upvote 0

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Tryed logging into another server? Maybe its your client. It has done this too me, I needed to update mir.

Upvote 0

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
copy ur servers.ini and mir2.ini here , and post some screen shots of all your server components please.

and do check that in !setup it doesnt say ktest anywhere.

Upvote 0

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
yea uninstall sql then delete the whole of the server files folder .
download the server files again from here http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=53383 , extract them to c:\ .
Have a good look at the 2 readmes inside the files 1 in main folder and 1 in dbserverfolder.

Then reinstall sql 2000 for XP or 2005 for vista making sure you set it up correctly by using the guide on this post (read it)
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=53510&highlight=guide+sql

when youve done all that check dbsrc and !setup.txt for your database name and password that you used when installing sql .
check all the inis and text files as necessary for all the server names and make sure they are all the same.
and make sure that if your running sql serverfiles and client from the same pc that you are not lagging at the select char screen.

EDIT:- leave the files as they are until you can get ingame , they are set up for instant access using lom2 as the db and diamond as the server name tbh you seem to be the only person left having trouble with the black screen. if you do a search for black screen theres loads of info in the posts that come up. ( http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/search.php?searchid=275034 )
AS i said do not touch the files until you can get ingame

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
none of these worked but ty :( any other ideas guys? (dno if this matters but as i load loginsrv it cums up thn shoots down to taskbar and if i click onit to maximise it it dnt work :( would this affect it?)

Upvote 0