[C# Files] Apocalypse Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

joking

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2003
England
Do hunters have to craft arrows using similar materals to making gems?

Also will gems have a chance to fail during crafting Before they can even be used?

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Will ore be obtainable just through mining or will be huntable as well at normal rates (aka not just khazard boss)

Do hunters have to craft arrows using similar materals to making gems?

Also will gems have a chance to fail during crafting Before they can even be used?

There may be some other areas ore can be obtained, mining is dull, but gems are a privilege, not a right, so sometimes to get privileges you have to do the boring stuff!

We have not fully decided what we are going to do with arrows yet. But I have some good ideas.

Again, have not fully decided about this. If we make the gem plate quite rare, then no, if we make it easily obtainable then yes. but this is just a counter balance to the opposite, so either way, the gem obtainable rate will be the same/similar.

One thing I do feel very strongly about, is if you put the time in hunting for the ingredients, should you be punished through RNG? buy it failing to make? I think this just unnecessarily annoys players.

-Apocalypse Team

joking

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2003
England
OH and another thing (sorry about all the questions not had a chance to pick your brain)

Anti-cheat system. I wont ask you to go into detail..but is there one? And how confident are you in it?

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
There may be some other areas ore can be obtained, mining is dull, but gems are a privilege, not a right, so sometimes to get privileges you have to do the boring stuff!

We have not fully decided what we are going to do with arrows yet. But I have some good ideas.

Again, have not fully decided about this. If we make the gem plate quite rare, then no, if we make it easily obtainable then yes. but this is just a counter balance to the opposite, so either way, the gem obtainable rate will be the same/similar.

One thing I do feel very strongly about, is if you put the time in hunting for the ingredients, should you be punished through RNG? buy it failing to make? I think this just unnecessarily annoys players.

-Apocalypse Team

I never really understood why players are forced to afk lvl spells or rewarded for afk mining but suppose thats just me. Never seen afking rewarded in any other game.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
OH and another thing (sorry about all the questions not had a chance to pick your brain)

Anti-cheat system. I wont ask you to go into detail..but is there one? And how confident are you in it?
Very confident.
-Apocalypse Team

BIGMAN11

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Feb 28, 2015
everyone is the same speed on c# its so smooth, its obvious if someone is cheating

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
Not sure if this has been asked but I don't remember seeing it.
Will the 'OP' rings of power be in game? If so which ones? (imo, no para, pro or revival, rest are alright)

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Will archers be using DC on here, so 3 classes using DC?
Will luck 7 hit 100% full dmg?

No, we have plans to change all archer damage to MC before the release.
Luck 7 will be hitting full damage (the luck damage algorithm is custom and has not been fully tested so it's subject to change).

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
I have a question about leveling, i see that its 2,7...it seems sooo depresing. Will the leveling be as slow as Chronicles?

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Not sure if this has been asked but I don't remember seeing it.
Will the 'OP' rings of power be in game? If so which ones? (imo, no para, pro or revival, rest are alright)

Revival rings are extremely rare, but there are no paralysis/protection rings in drops files.

I have a question about leveling, i see that its 2,7...it seems sooo depresing. Will the leveling be as slow as Chronicles?

I played Chronicles before the levelling was made easy, and after, Before was rather hard. and took a while to get 42. But after they made it easier for -38, it took hours not days to get 40 :P

Levelling becomes boring with the same content, but Apocalypse has Lots of new content to explore and level in.

-Apocalypse Team

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Revival rings are extremely rare, but there are no paralysis/protection rings in drops files.

I played Chronicles before the levelling was made easy, and after, Before was rather hard. and took a while to get 42. But after they made it easier for -38, it took hours not days to get 40 :P

Levelling becomes boring with the same content, but Apocalypse has Lots of new content to explore and level in.

-Apocalypse Team
You still did not tell me the speed of your server just how chronicles is :P

Dibby

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2015
Really looking forward to giving this a go.

My thoughts on things are as follows. Ive always played as a warrior, and from my view same lvl and kitted wiz at high lvl can own a warrior if they are half decent, same applies for a tao. Now... assassins, id expect to get bursted within a spell rotation from a same lvl and kitted assassin. But if i was to move and use my class skills, thrust, dash etc and then fight id have a good chance of splatting him. I wouldnt like to think i can just stand their and hold shift as he opens up on me then drop an 'assassin' class with all the effort of holding shift haha, makes no sense in my mind. As for PvPing being about running around, this doesnt hold true in smooth files with 2 mellee classes. Back in the day when people had faster computers etc it did as you couldnt be hit. Now, you cant really run and hit someone then run off unless they recently bought their computer from a carboot and still run AOL disl up. So, toe 2 toe is mainly what will happen other than 1 stepping to try get the extra thrust etc as an advantage. I also think warriors a.speed should be capped at 4-5. High lvl warr, big hp, ac, massive hits and near the same a.speed as an assassin is daft. Think of what an assassin means, burst damage and fast hits. Warriors able to gain the same or as good as a.speed, renders assassins skill useless. Give them a damage skill instead and let them stack a.speed also in that case.

Granted, i started to ramble, so apologies lol.

Either way, we must trust your judgement and not everyone will agree. People will have their own views on this kind of thing. I look forward to playing, it looks to be well made.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I think what he means is it wont be as hard as chronicles first was but it wont be easy too. Things wont be handed on a plate. However don't hold me to that because im probably wrong.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
If he sticks to his word and it has a lot of content and things to do for every level (aka not a euro-clone) then the rate of leveling doesnt matter a lot.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
If he sticks to his word and it has a lot of content and things to do for every level (aka not a euro-clone) then the rate of leveling doesnt matter a lot.
well ofc it does, always the cool looking spells are high level and like impossible to get, what the point of adding cool new things if only 5% of the server get to use them....

Status
Not open for further replies.