Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Thsoe still interested in the server and the changes its going through.

the server will be entering back into a beta stage at some point over the coming months, Server will continue to remain online but going into a beta stage means ic an test more and not have to inform on updates and can adjust on the fly.

Whats changing?

ALL Armours/Animations/Weapons are being converted over from WeMade into Shanda Files. Why? Because i like them more, they offer me more to work with in terms of future content.

There will be some WeMade Animations and Armours and Weapons being utilised for things like Mounts and Fishing but that will be developed later.

In terms of general gameplay not much will be altered but below are some of the things that are/are not changing:

- Group EXP revised
- Group Count reduced to 10 from 15
- Retaining 3 Walls to fight over
- Bloated Damages are being reduced
- Mob stats have been normalised
- Bosses will regain a wipe mechanic (on those that had one)
- Archer converted to MC class
- Archer damage loss on reduced distance from mob (this feature has been removed)
- Adding the Monk Class (DC/SC) hybrid
- Retaining the belief that all classes are potential solo classes
- Difficulty increased but doesnt mean slogging through the levels (gear is important)
- Crafting overhaul (you can no longer craft every item in the game) Bosses become important
- Crafting Items of all levels no longer gains EXP (Your crafting level vs the level of the item will determin your gained EXP with items 5 levels lower offering 0 exp)
- Gathering Overhaul, reduced tools to 2 items (MultiPurposeAxe for trees/rocks/digspots, SkinnersBlade for skinning)
- Fixed the issue where you couldnt skin group kills
- DragonForging reduced to 3 times per item
- DragonForge break chance GREATLY increased
- Full item Levelling (Weapon,Armour,Helmet/Boots/Belt/Rings/Bracs/Necklaces) with reduced chances so effort and luck are important
- Item LEvelling Resets at the cost of gold
- MUCH HARDER obtainability of set pieces so the Terra/Zuma/Death sets are not the must op items in game
- Revised Orb Mob Stats and AI
- Increased dungeons by atleasd 2/3x current amount, aiming for players levels 15-45
- Achievement System with unlockable titles
- Charatcer count increased to 6 per account
- Account Wide TripleTriad Collection (already added during late game development)
- Account Wide Professions (already added during late game development)
- Account Wide VeteranBuff (already added during late game development)

there are a few more features im working on that ill delve into later once i have them up and running.

I will update this thread with future updates and info

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Companions are now going to be ACCOUND WIDE so unlocking one companion on any of your 6 possible chars will also make it available for the other characters aswell.

Merc_Draven

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 19, 2013
Your server was good man, but locking players out of maps and nerfing exp in caves to try control flow completely ruined the experience, everything else was top notch.

There is an organic approach to levelling, and when you blocked off areas, and forced us to kill big rats for hours on end. It crippled all fun. defo stagnated the server and was a huge drop off point for a lot of players.

Take that as feed back please and not just me being a prick.

If you are wanting locked areas, make it new places - like a reward, players can unlock. (new maps with new monsters)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
im not locking any content when i reboot in the new year.

i am adjusting all exp throughout all the caves tho, plus making each cave actually have a purpose, but its in its planning stage atm while i get my monk class in game

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I always thought you was talented, if some of your ideas were a bit wacky.

I am sure the next reboot will do better than the first, I find running servers is a learning experience. Your first couple will fail miserably, as no-one gets this **** right the first time around.

The thing I find to focus on is drop rate, exp curve and making sure like you said all caves/content have a purpose/use.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I always thought you was talented, if some of your ideas were a bit wacky.

I am sure the next reboot will do better than the first, I find running servers is a learning experience. Your first couple will fail miserably, as no-one gets this **** right the first time around.

The thing I find to focus on is drop rate, exp curve and making sure like you said all caves/content have a purpose/use.
yeah thats what im doing, taking everything that was done this time which was quite good tbh, but now im carefully planning it and looking at exp and drops like youve mentioned, plus with adding the monk (i have been so tempted to say sod it and just do a 3 class (war wiz tao) but i want to give players a choice,

got plenty of time im in no rush now though, but i will be going back into beta in around november, seeing how it all goes over christmas, seee what servers are about and being launched and if i dont clash ill re open it in a live state maybe feb/march/april

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
One of the biggest problem that plagues servers is the levelling experience itself.

Many servers now offer a "lowrate" experience or a "Euro" experience. The problem being that all the higher caves exist and realistically would need to be removed and drip fed back in over time (How often would be up to the GM).

I loved EuroReborn when I played it but as mentioned the level gating killed it for a number of our guild once we could no longer hunt together.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
what im currently doing is going through everything, im not going to use euro exp rates becuase its just too unstable and isnt viable for a decent server imo. you cant go from 200-330 for a bc mob to 2k exp for a bdd mob with very little in the way of difficuly.

so im going to steadily increase the exp values for all mobe across all caves to refelct its purpose and levels based off the mob, so you might get say for e.g. 200 in bc and 250 in ast, maybe 300 in zt, then 350 in rmv, plus all caves are going to serve a different purpose at stages of the development, as a kind of plan in mind, you going to goto the mines in BP for books upto 20-25 ish then you wont find anything higher, but little items will drop in the mines, so if you want to gear, head over to omacave to find gear but you might not get much exp, or you could just, ignore any kit or spells and go for exp in the new ginkodungeon ive added by editing the map, which will see decent exp but return little gold/items/pots.

i want to plan it alot more thoroughly and have clear goals for each location. plus with the added inclusion of the missing minimaps which im really excited to have working, and the achievement system im working on, there should be plenty to do without feeling the need to race to level 40, you might need to spend a week to map out bugcave...

i intent to have dungeons added to suupliment the current cave systems that i already have aswell as general balancing.
Post automatically merged:

i also have another idea that im working on while trying to add the monk spells, and thats something called item branching, which ill reveal later once ive done more work on it

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
As long as players can hunt together they'll be happy. Don't even add higher caves until they are needed.

The other thing to keep in mind is item progression needs to stay consistent.

The crafting system in EB was top tier but it quickly allowed for high stat items.

WildGirl

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 26, 2013
Ethernet
Hey San, ever considered lvl caps for certain period of time to prevent the gap of lvl between player to not cross a certain threshold?!

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Blocking the areas was a problem because you did it by peoples level...this by default separates people. It wasn't so much that we were relegated to ZT for ages...because the fights were a lot of fun. Problem was it was divided by level. As soon as people reached a certain level to go elsewhere...thats what they did.

This also went hand in hand with the hardcore players gaining an enormous advantage after they had abused untested content/stats etc, to be changed shortly after. Not only was this killing the mood of any hardcore players to continue as you kept straight up deleting their efforts (When you have stats like this server, that take time to gain...it was a real kill joy), you also were creating a massive gap between the 2 sets of players, all the average players were getting bummed from the advantage gaining lol.

Level caps are also garbage considering they would need to be in place for ages. They've been attempted and they don't work lol.

The better approach I think is to have a sort of roadmap. For example (Using EB launch as an example), for the first 4 weeks, have only BC/ZT etc available. Then 5th week onwards, unlocks Prajna Island but not capped by level. This then moves the player base in the direction you want, brings in new items (If thats where the drops are), and also keeps the guilds together and gives new players a small advantage of more choices, whilst also allowing those who really want to stay in front by way of level and crafting chances to continue to do so without being boned by a level cap.

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006
server was really fun, really got into it over lockdown. gathering and crafting were great. Apart from when Hurcules and EW2 caught cheating, that should of been an instant ban, if i was ever to play your server again it would be nice for you to come down hard on anyone exploiting. that left a nasty taste for me and a few others i knew. Think the crafting bit was fine with out the Dforging, that was to OP, and too controlled by the 2 big guilds.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
yes im wiping the whole database of accounts and players
Post automatically merged:

unless the current usercount objects? ill ask them....

View attachment 24165

nope they dont object :p

Ive never understood what determines the first numbers in the cycle delays...yours reads 27 and I’m sure always does, mine reads 11. What does it mean?! The other numbers to the right are more fluctuating

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i believe they are map cycles, different maps are controled by different things.... i did ask once and was told the answer and didnt really understand it, all i know is, the smaller the number, the better

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I recently removed all maps and added just 20 odd to start with and no doors still had the 11..it’s one I may never know 🤪

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Interface is looking great! Maybe rotate the belt so you can stick it to the side of the screen out the way?

Reactions: Seanofsmeg
Status
Not open for further replies.