[Custom C# Files] Apocalypse Mir 2

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Do we have an auction house in this server, also the fees for each trade? Also wanna know how many pets can wiz tame and is there a list of mobs that can be tamed? Also How long will the taming pets last? Thank you

Server has an auction house yes. With regards to taming mobs, standard mobs with standard levels. Time wise, we have been editing this the last few days and currently set at 90 minutes, but feel we may return to 120.

I still want to see a solid answer about how hard this server gonna be in terms of exp and items drop rate
Like i wish the drop chance of some items is rare for example GreatPowerAxe or JugdmentMace not being equipped by any warrior who hits their leves to give the player more content to do, so the farm increases and a longevity for the items they obtained and to not just replace them once they hit the level for a specific item since the items all over the ground (in some low rate servers this did happen)
Wish you get my question and point
Sorry if theres is any grammer mistakes. English is my second language

Items are not going to be easily obtained by killing hens, but its not going to make you want to die a slow death trying to find a great axe. The balance is there between the rare and not so rare.

I would imagine the drops will be one of those things which all good servers would do, and consistently re-balance due to the user count - state of the game. but as it stands, for launch, things are looking good from testing.

Is the patcher released for this yet?

Hopefully Monday if not, we would say no later than Tuesday.

any info with the luck system?

Sorry i did see a post before regarding luck and completely forgot to respond.

as it stands, luck 7 is max, and will then create max damage, however the algorithm to hit 7 is VERY high. its possible, but unlikely anytime soon.

However getting 2-3-4 seems really balanced, beyond this, it gets a little tough.

-Apocalypse Team

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
also would like to know has the team decided the location of the server kind concerns about the ping, many ppl here r from US& Canada

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Items are not going to be easily obtained by killing hens, but its not going to make you want to die a slow death trying to find a great axe. The balance is there between the rare and not so rare.

-Apocalypse Team

Take what you think is balanced drops and double them to be safe. Economies make great servers, look at Zircon and Chronicles.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Take what you think is balanced drops and double them to be safe. Economies make great servers, look at Zircon and Chronicles.

From my experience of servers, its clear that having lower drop rates hold for better longevity. but i dont want to make it frustrating either. We have played it safe for now, lower drops can be fixed, high drops cannot, once it drops it drops and if we make things to easy from the beginning, the server would die quick.

-Apocalypse Team

azzee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2015
Saudi Arabia
From my experience of servers, its clear that having lower drop rates hold for better longevity. but i dont want to make it frustrating either. We have played it safe for now, lower drops can be fixed, high drops cannot, once it drops it drops and if we make things to easy from the beginning, the server would die quick.

-Apocalypse Team

Smart 👏🏻
Can’t wait to see you all in the server

/azze
/Zeus

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
I'm not really about Mi2 preferred Mir3 but this server looks and sounds really good so going to give it a shot.

Only spotting it since all the members of AAO from Other servers keep in contact on messenger and said there going to here because Ziricon is getting a little boring and they see them major balance issues I pointed out showing up in game now so it's kinda pointless to play until they get fixed.

If you guys are lucky ChinaNo1 could come to the server he will pay you big moneys to get advantages from cash shops. His guild told me he spent $5000 on game gold on ziricon to upgrade his weapon that is ignoring all the past $ he spent on buffs, roses, horse armour ect. My guess is Jamie was sad to see him leave the server. :unconscious:

Anyways Expect quite a few AAO members on launch with more to follow if the server is as good as it sounds.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
What is this Ziricon you speak of.

Trolling aside, i very much doubt China no1 spent 5k upgrading his weapon, at start of server when i played his guild just farmed him and ace **** because they put in the time and was so much higher than everybody else, its smart on there part to kit their best members. China are probably making money if anything not spending it.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
As much as I enjoy the free publicity, lets keep this thread Apocalypse related.

Look forward to seeing what Hany can do for you guys, hope he adds all those cool features we used to talk about.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
My guess is Jamie was sad to see him leave the server. :unconscious

Hmmm, you over estimate how much I look at who plays the server, he quit?

I also don't look at who buys game gold, this makes it easier to wield the ban hammer.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Hmmm, you over estimate how much I look at who plays the server, he quit?

I also don't look at who buys game gold, this makes it easier to wield the ban hammer.

It's true, he does not discriminate.

He hates everyone equally.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Can we expect any underhanded dealing from you guys? Not sure if it's already been asked - but will you be providing items outside of the gameshop if people give you money?

Just asking so 6 months down the line we find a team member has been giving out items for cash, we can come back to your comments on it. Seems to happen a lot with server owners who have no morals on this forum.

Only problem is, nothing is going to guarantee this at all.. like nothing.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Far
Can we expect any underhanded dealing from you guys? Not sure if it's already been asked - but will you be providing items outside of the gameshop if people give you money?

Just asking so 6 months down the line we find a team member has been giving out items for cash, we can come back to your comments on it. Seems to happen a lot with server owners who have no morals on this forum.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that is overarching negativity if I've seen one

and I was accused of negative posting in past LOL doesn't compare, talk about pulling up trouser legs before even reaching river crossing ;)

on the topic, that last update about Apoc AI targeting based on your HP and other statistics, just means everybody who happens to suffer most at a boss will get special love on top of it from him, right? a blow to end suffering quickly, eliminate weakened members of group by specially targeting them

luckily I pick melee char pretty well on any server so the boss hyper path finding doesn't bother me, actually love it :)

Last edited:

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005

I know its difficult for most people to read between the lines and my previous posts i have tried to avoid responding to these as i am aware what i say holds little value until the servers up and we can show how we intend to run Apocalypse, so ill try and make this clear so you feel more comforted.

I am 100% clear that selling items in the game will immediately lose between 50-60% of the community (if not more). loosing 50+% of the community results in a huge failure, for the sake of perhaps selling 10 items and making a very short term, sum of money?

People who understand the point i am making above, will be confident in the fact that we are not stupid enough, even if we wanted to sell items (which we categorically don't) to actually ever do so.

This is not me trying to defend our team, but simply explain our feelings on server owners who sell items for a quick buck.

But despite what i say, certain people are going to be pessimistic, and from where i sit, i am comforted by this. it shows me we all have the same goal here, for this server to be successful, and with that meaning us (the game-masters) are conducting ourselves in the manner the community desires.

I hope this helps clear up the mind set we are approaching this server with. People have been asking us for two weeks what is going to be in the game shop, we have an idea, but this is our current game shop:

Image 43.Png

As you can see we have not even started it yet, its the last thing on our list because for us, its no where near as important as people login on and enjoying the game. There is no way we are going to put things in there that will upset the majority, and potentially loose players over.

that is overarching negativity if I've seen one

and I was accused of negative posting in past LOL doesn't compare, talk about pulling up trouser legs before even reaching river crossing ;)

on the topic, that last update about Apoc AI targeting based on your HP and other statistics, just means everybody who happens to suffer most at a boss will get special love on top of it from him, right? a blow to end suffering quickly, eliminate weakened members of group by specially targeting them

luckily I pick melee char pretty well on any server so the boss hyper path finding doesn't bother me, actually love it :)

This is something you will see in-game, but like all mir mobs, hitting the boss normally generates aggro, this will still occur, so its not all doom and gloom for the lower Hp Pool classes, it just means a more strategical style of play.

EDITTTTTTTTTTTTT: Forgot to put my little (-AP Team) sig in :(

-Apocalypse Team

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I know its difficult for most people to read between the lines and my previous posts i have tried to avoid responding to these as i am aware what i say holds little value until the servers up and we can show how we intend to run Apocalypse, so ill try and make this clear so you feel more comforted.

I am 100% clear that selling items in the game will immediately lose between 50-60% of the community (if not more). loosing 50+% of the community results in a huge failure, for the sake of perhaps selling 10 items and making a very short term, sum of money?

People who understand the point i am making above, will be confident in the fact that we are not stupid enough, even if we wanted to sell items (which we categorically don't) to actually ever do so.

This is not me trying to defend our team, but simply explain our feelings on server owners who sell items for a quick buck.

But despite what i say, certain people are going to be pessimistic, and from where i sit, i am comforted by this. it shows me we all have the same goal here, for this server to be successful, and with that meaning us (the game-masters) are conducting ourselves in the manner the community desires.

I hope this helps clear up the mind set we are approaching this server with. People have been asking us for two weeks what is going to be in the game shop, we have an idea, but this is our current game shop:

View attachment 20023

As you can see we have not even started it yet, its the last thing on our list because for us, its no where near as important as people login on and enjoying the game. There is no way we are going to put things in there that will upset the majority, and potentially loose players over.

This is something you will see in-game, but like all mir mobs, hitting the boss normally generates aggro, this will still occur, so its not all doom and gloom for the lower Hp Pool classes, it just means a more strategical style of play.

EDITTTTTTTTTTTTT: Forgot to put my little (-AP Team) sig in :(

-Apocalypse Team

Wow u guys changed UI but for Belt and Spell Bar not. Does trigger my ocd hard lul

Edit : No offence, but from UI Progress looks like its not even 50% done double lul.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Wow u guys changed UI but for Belt and Spell Bar not. Does trigger my ocd hard lul

Edit : No offence, but from UI Progress looks like its not even 50% done double lul.

In before copying crystal files.

I am glad it triggered you.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
In before copying crystal files.

I am glad it triggered you.

Beside Marble, this Apocalypse looks cheap copy imo.

Edit : no offense just the only thing i see 'special' here is just the hype from a dead meme with a decent copy pasta of chronicles advert and same emails.

Last edited:

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
Beside Marble, this Apocalypse looks cheap copy imo.

Edit : no offense just the only thing i see 'special' here is just the hype from a dead meme with a decent copy pasta of chronicles advert and same emails.

No offence, but I don’t think many people would listen to your feedback constructively.

If anyone based decisions on their server using feedback from a nutjob like you then id be shocked.

Yuzu

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
UI doesnt look that good tbh but doesnt matter alot as we will be able to change UI's after a while so im happy ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.