[Custom C# Files] Apocalypse Mir 2

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
So you don't need to go kill bosses to gain all the "best" kit? this interests me as I am a causal player too, and usually play solo aswell so some bosses are out of the question, this actually makes me a little more interested in the server if this designed this way?

Yes and no, obviously the top end bosses will drop better, but solo players can farm gold quickly enough from sub bosses to be able to purchase better items/books etc. Also sub bosses have a small chance of dropping very well. So it balances itself out.

used to love a mass drop on euro mir2 - from a mag in st or a giant worm in bc sometimes even an added stat item on the mass dropper too!

Yeah our caves all have 'poppers'. But there are some 'dummy poppers' too.

-Apocalypse Team

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Yes and no, obviously the top end bosses will drop better, but solo players can farm gold quickly enough from sub bosses to be able to purchase better items/books etc. Also sub bosses have a small chance of dropping very well. So it balances itself out.

Yeah our caves all have 'poppers'. But there are some 'dummy poppers' too.

-Apocalypse Team

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt!!!!!

Webby182

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2013
I’m so freaking excited to play this, it’s been over 5 years since I properly ran up a character. I’m actually on holiday next week so any delays of 48 hours on launch will be welcome 🤣

🤷🏼*♂️

azzee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Is there gonna be ranking system ? Really love the idea of it just to know if I’m leading the board or not and get my ass back to leveling. Cheers

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Is there gonna be ranking system ? Really love the idea of it just to know if I’m leading the board or not and get my ass back to leveling. Cheers

Working on this as we speak. Should be implemented onto the server and website if all goes well. We are working on an advanced version that will not just show level ;)

-Apocalypse Team

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
any eta on the download? just be nice to have it ready.

Also notice you guys link your community to lomcn, on your website, why not give Tai a message and ask for your own sections?

Lelouch

LOMCN Member
Jun 20, 2018
Few things to consider

- Will there be an observer feature? I loved this feature from zircon.

- We all know the mistakes of not limiting guild sizes earlier on and this resulted to buffing and rebuffing SW/smaller guilds in Zircon. If you ever want to make it challenging I would strongly recommend you to implement a guild limit.

- Hunt gold, this is another system which I loved about zircon. Simply by hunting you can earn hunt gold that you can use to purchase gg items, so it makes it not P2W. Definitely needs implementing.

- Purchased buffs. Not sure if your planning on introducing temp buffs but if you are it would be nice having it paused at SZ

Sorry

Audrey
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2011
Hi Deano,

Yes all higher level leveling monsters have a chance of dropping items, i think thats the exciting thing about mir. Personally i hated leveling, but knowing i could get something worth my time other than exp, kept me going, we have worked hard to adopt the same theory for Apocalypse.

There are a very high amount of sub bosses within the world and each has a chance to make your time worth hunting.

-Apocalypse Team

I hope subs will not drop so good that will make all the High lvls come to look for them, because from top guilds as soon as they killed all the bosses the geeks of the guild will just go out to farm subs to stack the cash, that means the lower lvls will just get PK'd ...

I also read all the posts and i'm not sure sure if i missed this or not, but i will ask this myself. In terms of pk, will there be body and bag drops on or off? If they are on will Yellow / Red punish you more? For example,White ( have a normal chance of body drop and/or bag drop) Yellow ( have a medium chance to body and/or bag drop ) Red ( have a higher chance of body drop and full bag drop ) ?

Tao / Wizz / Archer pets will they be able to have the option of Atack target ? So they atack the target i atack rather then runing @ like brainless chicken hiting mobs in dungeons .

---------- Post Merged at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Few things to consider

- We all know the mistakes of not limiting guild sizes earlier on and this resulted to buffing and rebuffing SW/smaller guilds in Zircon. If you ever want to make it challenging I would strongly recommend you to implement a guild limit.

- Hunt gold, this is another system which I loved about zircon. Simply by hunting you can earn hunt gold that you can use to purchase gg items, so it makes it not P2W. Definitely needs implementing.

- Purchased buffs. Not sure if your planning on introducing temp buffs but if you are it would be nice having it paused at SZ

I hope there will not be an observer feature, if at most Probe Necklace can be put in-game at some point.
As for guild size i agree with you, if there will be a guild cap there should be one from start of the server maybe it can be toggled up or down later one depending on the user count, but if they wanna put one in-game they should put it from the start and not later on.
About buffs i hope there wont be any perma buffs that you can buy from gg shop ...The ones that expire are fine somewhat... but perma ones are kinda a turn off... at least for me

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
i also feel like guild limit is needed.

but i'm sure the server team know this from chronicles with being in a smaller guild, so i have no doubts something will be put in place.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
+1 for guild limit from the beginning got out of hand on Chronicles and even on Zircon to a certain extent.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
i also feel like guild limit is needed.

but i'm sure the server team know this from chronicles with being in a smaller guild, so i have no doubts something will be put in place.

Guild limit will be put in place, and will be dependent on guild level.

-The Apocalypse Team

azzee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Same i dont like the idea of observing people, even showing their gear i feel like it gonna ruin the fun to see and check other people gear in towns. Instead u can just check what everyone equipping while sitting in BV.. i don’t see any fun on that (for me atleast)

Lelouch

LOMCN Member
Jun 20, 2018
There should be an option to turn on and off observer mode like in Zircon. A lot of bugs were detected because high players were turning off their observer mode and gaining silly levels/%

This simply combats it and increase the chances of finding players who are exploiting a bug

GimmeAKitKat

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 11, 2014
Any chance of getting a forums set up? or a section here? This thread is getting very long and the same questions are getting asked and missed because nobody wants to read through 27 pages.

Also interested in the answer on PK system. Worst thing about Chronicles for me was the Free PK, no dura loss, no drop, no luck loss shite that meant the rich folk got to just farm the casuals without risk.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
+1 to a sub forum , Cba to scroll through random repeated questions

---------- Post Merged at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Also any gameplay videos soon ?

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Few things to consider

No Observer feature. I understand this can be helpful to newer players, but for me it takes away the ambiguity of players.

Guilds have been limited in a new feature way with there being an option in SLIGHTLY increase the higher your guild levels.

GG will drop rather than be gathered for leaving SZ, this is a feature that is easily abused, so we have gone down the route that GG drops from creatures.

We are not adding purchasable buffs from GG store as a low rate this will be very unbalanced and cause people who want to pay for the game to have a very unfair advantage. There are however small buffs that can be purchased with Gold in game from your guild.

I hope subs will not drop so good that will make all the High lvls come to look for them, because from top guilds as soon as they killed all the bosses the geeks of the guild will just go out to farm subs to stack the cash, that means the lower lvls will just get PK'd ...

I also read all the posts and i'm not sure sure if i missed this or not, but i will ask this myself. In terms of pk, will there be body and bag drops on or off? If they are on will Yellow / Red punish you more? For example,White ( have a normal chance of body drop and/or bag drop) Yellow ( have a medium chance to body and/or bag drop ) Red ( have a higher chance of body drop and full bag drop ) ?

Tao / Wizz / Archer pets will they be able to have the option of Atack target ? So they atack the target i atack rather then runing @ like brainless chicken hiting mobs in dungeons .

---------- Post Merged at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:00 PM ----------

I hope there will not be an observer feature, if at most Probe Necklace can be put in-game at some point.
As for guild size i agree with you, if there will be a guild cap there should be one from start of the server maybe it can be toggled up or down later one depending on the user count, but if they wanna put one in-game they should put it from the start and not later on.
About buffs i hope there wont be any perma buffs that you can buy from gg shop ...The ones that expire are fine somewhat... but perma ones are kinda a turn off... at least for me

There are enough end game bosses to keep high end guilds busy without needing to go and kill the smaller subs.

Death = chance to drop from bag and body. Yellow/red/white have been adjusted accordingly, but RNG is RNG and you never know... Keep that teleport on bar 1 if you don't want to drop :P

We are looking into pets attacking same as player. We think we have it, but it may not be perfected from day 1. With that said. Hany is a god, im sure he can get it sorted, at the moment he is focusing on another new feature.

No perma buffs from GG shop, the only buff we have discussed so far is your very normal impact/soul/magic drug.

whats rules of pvp drops?

same as pve any items can drop on death, bag+body.

Any chance of getting a forums set up? or a section here? This thread is getting very long and the same questions are getting asked and missed because nobody wants to read through 27 pages.

Also interested in the answer on PK system. Worst thing about Chronicles for me was the Free PK, no dura loss, no drop, no luck loss shite that meant the rich folk got to just farm the casuals without risk.

Yes we are discussing this, this evening. and will hopefully have something in place asap

-Apocalypse Team

Status
Not open for further replies.