[Custom C# Files] Apocalypse Mir 2

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Edit: Just to add after reading the whole thread and checking my emails - I also got the email.
LOMCN did NOT provide these email addresses.

When i sign up to servers, there is a handful that I have used my real email address... Would love to know where they all came from as I've never played a server by any of you I don't think...

whats interesting is i use the same email for almost everything and i didnt get one... ive also played chronicles and used my email for that so some people have said its leeked form chronicles but if it was i would have got one.

ive played marble/zircon/chronicles and used the same email so its interesting to know how else they got the emails

looking through the screenshots my OCD went apeshit so i had to stop looking.... it looks like a great server but i think the effort on the gui is abit haphazard if im honest :/

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
whats interesting is i use the same email for almost everything and i didnt get one... ive also played chronicles and used my email for that so some people have said its leeked form chronicles but if it was i would have got one.

ive played marble/zircon/chronicles and used the same email so its interesting to know how else they got the emails

looking through the screenshots my OCD went apeshit so i had to stop looking.... it looks like a great server but i think the effort on the gui is abit haphazard if im honest :/
Junk folder

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
To re-iterate what my team member said further back. Emails were collated from multiple sources.

-Apocalypse team

Oh dear, you're not part of this team are you?

Also - it would explain a lot (for me anyway) if the emails were taken from Paragon. As Bon's server did require a valid email, and i did play that for a while.

Disappointed that emails were passed around. If you wanted to get the word out you need to have only asked Tai who could have sent an email to everyone registered on lomcn (as other servers have professionally asked)

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
the fact your all moaning about E-mails being shared when you lot spend more time robbing eachother is a JOKE!

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
It’s not the fact that the emails gone out , it’s the fact it’s painting the server owners in a not so great light when they are doing shady things, or not going about things the right way

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
If emails got leaked out, its the responsability of the whom lost/leaked it. Let's enjoy and see how this server progress shall be.

When Jamie paid lomcn for advertising the user base with emails, no one blinked an eye. Let's not call the pot kettle.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Oh dear, now I'm going to have even more spam!
Not sure where I said I would opt-in though, would be interesting to see where I gave consent!
sarcasm mode on
Laywer up time!
sarcasm mode off

It can join everything else in the junk folder!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Let's not call the pot kettle.

First of all, that's not the saying.

If emails got leaked out, its the responsability of the whom lost/leaked it. Let's enjoy and see how this server progress shall be.

When Jamie paid lomcn for advertising the user base with emails, no one blinked an eye.

We've already given our email to lomcn. So if lomcn wants to email us at any point thats absolutely fine.

Anyway. What's done is done. Yes its only an email. Just isn't the most professional approach to be starting a new server with. With these ethics there is a strong precedent that our account id and passwords will just be handed out to use on other servers. (obviously you'd all be fine with that too i guess)

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Anyway. What's done is done. Yes its only an email. Just isn't the most professional approach to be starting a new server with. With these ethics there is a strong precedent that our account id and passwords will just be handed out to use on other servers. (obviously you'd all be fine with that too i guess)

What do you mean? Jamie used same technique just got spam from lomcn.
The difference is that this guys were dumb enough to use a spam email and make all confused and got greedy. From what i understood they sent more than one email. Dumbs.

Edit. Emails for cases such as maintenance yes, but not when some deuche paying you for promoting his server.

Last edited:
Reactions: DjDarkBoyZ

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Odd, they managed to send it to not only my LOMCN and gaming email account, but to my financial and barely a year old email account , which comprises of a total of 15 emails, which was 14 Halifax messages and now 1 server advertisement.

Not registered or played Mir for years, so kudos.

Reactions: DjDarkBoyZ

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
First of all, that's not the saying.

We've already given our email to lomcn. So if lomcn wants to email us at any point thats absolutely fine.

Thankyou for your views Far.We can only apologies for any distress this may have caused people and can assure that only emails were used and login details were not "copy pasted" for the creation of our server.

We will re-think our marketing strategy and hope this doesn't change too many peoples minds about whether or not to join us on Launch.

If you would not like to recieve any communications please click op-out. Junk folder route may affect future password retrievals.

- Apocalypse Team

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
What do you mean? Jamie used same technique just got spam from lomcn.
The difference is that this guys were dumb enough to use a spam email and make all confused and got greedy. From what i understood they sent more than one email. Dumbs.

Edit. Emails for cases such as maintenance yes, but not when some deuche paying you for promoting his server.

You've enquired several times about sending your own advertisement emails so please get off your horse

Thankyou for your views Far.We can only apologies for any distress this may have caused people and can assure that only emails were used and login details were not "copy pasted" for the creation of our server.

We will re-think our marketing strategy and hope this doesn't change too many peoples minds about whether or not to join us on Launch.

If you would not like to recieve any communications please click op-out. Junk folder route may affect future password retrievals.

- Apocalypse Team

Oh I thought you were trolling. You're actually on this team? lmao

Drakay

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 16, 2014
You've enquired several times about sending your own advertisement emails so please get off your horse

Oh I thought you were trolling. You're actually on this team? lmao

I think he is still trolling.

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
I don’t get why people are complaining about getting an email for a game that we all love and still want to play, the email could bring back people who haven’t thought about playing Mir in a long time and that’s exaclty what the community needs, the more people who play the better the server will be, since chronicles went down hill everyone has been looking for something new and I think this is it.

Iv been speaking to the server team and as far as I’m aware smavid isn’t on the team I think he’s trolling you all personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.