[Custom C# Files] Apocalypse Mir 2

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 26, 2011
Oh dear. I'm of the opinion Sunnies should never be delayed but a maximum amount can be carried at all times, for Mir2. Fights are fun when people can go all-in-balls-deep and spam sunnies for that "heroic" moment. It's literally why Chronicles fights were so fun, until they ****ed it and added a delay. Then everyone just played so slow. Never willing to be the one to risk that dive for fear of not being able to atleast tank it momentarily. Gate them through how many you can carry;not how many you can use at a time.

But, alas, I am probably alone in that opinion.

**** hard torches. They can burn in hell (eh? see what I did there? eh? I'm here forever so get used to it) for all I care. Worst thing to ever be introduced. Either make your dura last forever or have it expire at a standard pace. Pick one and stick with it.

Can only agree with this, no delay and no bundles is the way to go with sun pots

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Can only agree with this, no delay and no bundles is the way to go with sun pots

+1 to No delay. This will actually sway my opinion of playing, as cooldown on pots is a major turn off, especially on mir as it never was designed for this feature.

I would much prefer to see a "cap" on sunnies being carried at say 10-15 maximum, with maybe it as a perk on clothing allowing additional instant pot carry weight.

Bit maths for those who don't see issue;
If I had 20 bundles, TT, Torch, and 2 RT bunnies, it'd take up 24/40 spots, lets say 6 buffer spots to open pots, so 30 spots used, allowing for 10 sunpots. With stacks of 20, this can be taken down to 6 slots, plus torch 2 RT, and TT, up 10 slots, no need for buffer spots, allowing 30 sunpots.

that's 3x what a player could usually carry...

Yuzu

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
yeah thats true a delay on sunnies will ruin alot of features of mir i really loved keeping sunnies for that **** im gonna die moment

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Will flinch cancel wiz aoe?

This is currently set to cancel. But it is something we can easily change, but we will discuss first and personally would like to see the spells ingame first to see benefits/cons

To piggy back on this, have you left mob flinch in game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again as above, currently same as euro, but may change. Its something on our discussion page between the team.

Are para pro in-game? If so, how rare are they?

They are not currently in the drop files.

Deffo agree with no Hard Torch.
Nice to see items on low dura and Dura Orbs worth their penny.

If anything, Hard Torch should be available but only later on in the servers life and there from Events (and rare) or similar with very low dura themselves. Therefore people use them to protect their "special" kit during a boss hunt rather than regular everyday hunting/grinding.

Hard torches are not in the gameshop or drop files, there may be a place later in the game for them, but not for now.

I remember farming Chocolates on Euro and selling them for a good 100k D4/4 :lol

Can we get any info on the pot set up on here? Curious now...

Please see below for more information

Are the quests worth doing ? Or is it not significantly rewarding ? You mentioned that there will be a quest chain till level 45

---------- Post Merged at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Lets hope for a tough bag weight ..

Quests at the beginning are quite essential to help gear the lower levels and aqcuire books etc. however higher level quests are a luxury, with non ground breaking rewards, for those who like objectives.

+1 to No delay. This will actually sway my opinion of playing, as cooldown on pots is a major turn off, especially on mir as it never was designed for this feature.

I would much prefer to see a "cap" on sunnies being carried at say 10-15 maximum, with maybe it as a perk on clothing allowing additional instant pot carry weight.

Bit maths for those who don't see issue;
If I had 20 bundles, TT, Torch, and 2 RT bunnies, it'd take up 24/40 spots, lets say 6 buffer spots to open pots, so 30 spots used, allowing for 10 sunpots. With stacks of 20, this can be taken down to 6 slots, plus torch 2 RT, and TT, up 10 slots, no need for buffer spots, allowing 30 sunpots.

that's 3x what a player could usually carry...

This is a difficult decision, however i can clarify, there are never going to be stack-able sun potions.

With regards to sun-potion cool-down, this is something to be discussed. Other servers have no cool-down and some do, but we have to look at this logistically, and well, servers that have cool-downs tend to allow stack-able pots or bundles. as we dont, it would make sense to have 0 cool-down... With this said, once your in-game you will see that Apocalypse bag size, is considerably bigger than other servers, this is where the idea of a cool-down has come into place. otherwise, what my personal main aspect of mir is (pvp) will be harmed, as a player could carry 50 sun pots and never die. Wheres the fun in that? :P

Decisions on everything will be made on what we think is right at the time, but we will also take feedback and reflect well to listen to the community. I feel from previous experience that server owners often wait until it's too late before they listen and make changes. We have discussed this heavily and all agree this will not be the case here. BUT!!! and a huge but, we cannot just roll over to anyone who is unhappy or we will be changing everything everyday, its important we try and find the balance.

-Apocalypse Team

Last edited:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Decisions on everything will be made on what we think is right at the time, but we will also take feedback and reflect well to listen to the community. I feel from previous experience that server owners often wait until it's too late before they listen and make changes. We have discussed this heavily and all agree this will not be the case here. BUT!!! and a huge but, we cannot just roll over to anyone who is unhappy or we will be changing everything everyday, its important we try and find the balance.

-Apocalypse Team

theres really only two options really with sun pots isn't there?

1. stackable with cool down.
2. not stackable with no cool down.

people seem to prefer option 2.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
We have to look at this logistically.

Auto spell correct! Love that this is what you took from the post. ;)

-Apocalypse Team

---------- Post Merged at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:23 PM ----------

theres really only two options really with sun pots isn't there?

1. stackable with cool down.
2. not stackable with no cool down.

people seem to prefer option 2.

In a standard game of mir, like i said in the post, our bags are considerably bigger, which changes so much of that dynamic.

If you read Smavids previous post about the amount of suns you can carry at a time, this makes lots of sense.

Our files enable players to carry exactly 50 extra items (for a high gold price, but once purchased, lasts forever) just means a warrior would never die.

-Apocalypse Team

azzee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Quick question is the exp rate going to be similar to euro ? And how long it might take for a hardcore player to hit level 40
(8-12 hours of gameplay a day)
Just wondering sorry if the question is not proper enough.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Auto spell correct! Love that this is what you took from the post. ;)

-Apocalypse Team

---------- Post Merged at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:23 PM ----------

In a standard game of mir, like i said in the post, our bags are considerably bigger, which changes so much of that dynamic.

If you read Smavids previous post about the amount of suns you can carry at a time, this makes lots of sense.

Our files enable players to carry exactly 50 extra items (for a high gold price, but once purchased, lasts forever) just means a warrior would never die.

-Apocalypse Team

... so have Hany set a limit on how many you think is an acceptable amount to carry? It wouldn't be hard for him to make it so that everyone can only hold (for example) a maximum of 20sun pots that way you can make them have weight 0, and they wont effect the bag weight eco.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Quick question is the exp rate going to be similar to euro ? And how long it might take for a hardcore player to hit level 40

Its not as hard as euro, but its fundamentally low rate. I cannot give you an exact amount of hours, as each class will level at quite different speeds all dependent on the levels and skills they have. (E.G a warrior on classic servers levels considerably faster once they acquire TDB as with a wizard once they manage to get ThunderStorm).

The one main area we have changed is making the first 20 levels less of a slug. This is not to say that you will be level 20 in a matter of minutes, but the first 20 levels will feel more smooth, after this it will slow down a little again.

... so have Hany set a limit on how many you think is an acceptable amount to carry? It wouldn't be hard for him to make it so that everyone can only hold (for example) a maximum of 20sun pots that way you can make them have weight 0, and they wont effect the bag weight eco.

We will be discussing this as an option. At the beginning of the server, no one will have the extra bag slots regardless, so there is defiantly room for discussion about when we go live, disabling the sun pot cool down and if we feel we get to a point we will re-evaluate. But for now, i cant give you a solid answer, until we all speak.

-Apocalypse Team

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
same question, don’t rlly get exactly the exp rate here

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

-Apocalypse Team

I was more angling at what Kori suggested with a limit of sun pots carried over this, i'll go there.. absolute **** option, and in all honestly all too "chronicles" for my liking.

You've chosen to reduced number of slots required to carry pots to stacking, and increased bag size further this makes absolutely no sense... "here take 14 bag spaces back for stacks of 20 over bundles, and add on another 10 spaces for banter,"... "oh we can use excessive sunpots.. lets put a cap on it".

Mind - Blown

Imo you've broken it, and half assed a fix by copying other servers poor attempt to cover up a simple fix of limiting number of sunpots carried to a respectable amount whilst giving them a true use - to save ones ass from getting ****ed. Noobs (myself) get jumped, sunpots save bacon, and I love bacon and nobody slapping my bacon down.

I'm passionate about sun potions rights to be what they always wanted to be.. a ray of sunshine in a dark day. Not hidden by some clouds

Edit: This is not my reason for leaving the team - apparently I was never on it. Diablo broke my heart.

- Ex Apocalypse Team.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
You must have a realistic expectation how long to get to 40 where the real fun begins ? With all the extensive beta testing you’ve done.

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015
As a casual player is it worth me starting this server or is it gonna be **** for me if I can't 12 hours a day it

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
As a casual player is it worth me starting this server or is it gonna be **** for me if I can't 12 hours a day it

It is 100% worth you starting.... Rested Exp is something we are keen to incorporate, to help players like yourself. Yes there is hardcore players but no matter where you go, you will never out level them. But our server is dynamic enough that just because you are the highest level does not necessarily mean you are the best at pvp / pve. Kit is gain-able at all levels from mobs to subs to boss.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
I was more angling at what Kori suggested with a limit of sun pots carried over this, i'll go there.. absolute **** option, and in all honestly all too "chronicles" for my liking.

You've chosen to reduced number of slots required to carry pots to stacking, and increased bag size further this makes absolutely no sense... "here take 14 bag spaces back for stacks of 20 over bundles, and add on another 10 spaces for banter,"... "oh we can use excessive sunpots.. lets put a cap on it".

Mind - Blown

Imo you've broken it, and half assed a fix by copying other servers poor attempt to cover up a simple fix of limiting number of sunpots carried to a respectable amount whilst giving them a true use - to save ones ass from getting ****ed. Noobs (myself) get jumped, sunpots save bacon, and I love bacon and nobody slapping my bacon down.

I'm passionate about sun potions rights to be what they always wanted to be.. a ray of sunshine in a dark day. Not hidden by some clouds

Edit: This is not my reason for leaving the team - apparently I was never on it. Diablo broke my heart.

- Ex Apocalypse Team.

Like i said, we will discuss. no promises.

You must have a realistic expectation how long to get to 40 where the real fun begins ? With all the extensive beta testing you’ve done.

We have ideas... Some things are better left for the players to find out.. Its not too much of a slug, but its not medium/high rate, so work will need to go into it.

-Apocalypse team

Status
Not open for further replies.