Domination 2.6 Website

Viper

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2007
Newcastle
I don't see much point in websites for most private mir servers, just use a forum :P thats all the users use anyways and not very often at that. Maybe worth while i spose if its gonna last a year or more but in all honesty how many servers last that long these days... But all that a side, the sites looking quite good now.

yeah websites are pretty useless unless you get a decent user-base for a game who use it, forums is basically all you need, but yeah this sites looking good h :P

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Websites are good for ranking on search engines, so far my website is on 2nd page when you google "Legend of Mir 2". It's doing good as it's only been up a few weeks now and i'm hoping to move it on 1st page. Only place i've advertised it is on lomcn so far as it's the only legend of mir community around that i know of. Websites are easy to use and can find most info on there. However, i've made it so the forum is intergated on the website so it's all in one and easier to find things. It's coming along nicely just needs more work and im improving making it a lot more lively. Thanks for the feedback guys.

h

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
first thing i noticed was the header, good job! now just work on improving the rest of the homepage :)

Jesus make somethink of ur own, stop stealing other's job's!!! that header pic was made by xena for Elysian mir2!!!!

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I think that is a bit cheeky lol...the first thing I noticed was the ripped banner from Elysian. Make your own.

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
It has the same images as mir2 usa lol apart from the fact the background of the images are black. They are not owned pictures as it's from mir itself. Look at mir 2 usa, you willl know what i mean. The images are from mir2 usa but apart from the background yes im using elysians, but doesnt a lot of people use images from websites? It's a mir website it's what you will see.

h

Mir usa??? ehehehe get me the link to it so i can get some money by opening a lawsuite agaisnt them coz that image was created by Xena for elysian!!! and btw, there's loads of ppl that can confirm that pic was made by her!!!

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
I think that is a bit cheeky lol...the first thing I noticed was the ripped banner from Elysian. Make your own.

i would agree, but its not like elysian made that banner is it :P they probably ripped it from a char selection screen or korean site.

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
i would agree, but its not like elysian made that banner is it :P they probably ripped it from a char selection screen or korean site.

Nop, that banner was made from scratch using Photoshop, and images exported from the wil mir files by Xena, she's a Photoshop expert.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Obviously the char images are from a wil but I know it was put together by Xena, as johny said...

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Nop, that banner was made from scratch using Photoshop, and images exported from the wil mir files by Xena, she's a Photoshop expert.

applying 4 figures to a background is hardly "photoshop expert" if she had drawn the models etc then yes, but its basically ripping other peoples artwork and calling it your own.

xena_gm

LOMCN Leecher
Dec 4, 2009
Well one thing is sure, i would never asked for a opinion for something i didnt do, im not saying he cant use the image... at least i took some images (from will and background from other things) and made something more...
Wasnt a "copy" "past" as the all website is, even the content images! At least he could try "Do" something better instead of copy... thats all i think.

Anyways.. good luck with website...

If you need any help in Photoshop, just msg me...

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
wow your using our files,your using our images if you need anything else just ask.

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
I was asking opinion on the website in general. It's only a banner, a lot of people rip the whole site, and i've made it my own by putting our text on it so it wasn't just a copy and paste job. I don't know what the fuss is, shouldn't elysian be more worried about their files being leaked rather than a banner? lol.. And i'll pass thanks paul, dont need your crying at me again for elysians files being leaked.

h

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Mir usa??? ehehehe get me the link to it so i can get some money by opening a lawsuite agaisnt them coz that image was created by Xena for elysian!!! and btw, there's loads of ppl that can confirm that pic was made by her!!!

Lol'ed.

OT: If it is true that the banner was made by her, just putting a text on it doesn't exactly make it yours, in all due honesty you'll probably lose viewers as they'll just think it's either a) the same server team the banner was created for or b) see you as a fraud.

You may wish to ask for permission imho. Then again, this is the internet =/.

/Czeldabolg

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Just because i added text on the banner, doesn't make it mine, i never said it was. Was only saying it wasn't a copy and paste job. She's already gave me permission scroll up. Tbh, all this fuss over a banner is just silly, like you said it's the internet, you get a lot of people stealing images and crap on the net.

h

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
Well one thing is sure, i would never asked for a opinion for something i didnt do, im not saying he cant use the image... at least i took some images (from will and background from other things) and made something more...
Wasnt a "copy" "past" as the all website is, even the content images! At least he could try "Do" something better instead of copy... thats all i think.

Anyways.. good luck with website...

If you need any help in Photoshop, just msg me...

She doesn't mind if he's using it, just would be nice if he asked her, or give her the credits on the site...

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Lol'ed.

OT: If it is true that the banner was made by her, just putting a text on it doesn't exactly make it yours, in all due honesty you'll probably lose viewers as they'll just think it's either a) the same server team the banner was created for or b) see you as a fraud.

You may wish to ask for permission imho. Then again, this is the internet =/.

/Czeldabolg

zelda makes a good point though...it just makes you look cheap.

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
zelda makes a good point though...it just makes you look cheap.

you gonna - rep me for that too? and "ask" gotrex to - rep me aswell?

cry me a river.. ive used the banner, given the permission... end off?

h