Elysian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advent

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2010
you know what half of you can go *** yourself first off

now i have a lfe and run a company but many of you dont know that.
and my lil girl comes befor any of you sorry to say.

most ppl ben matt shorty or what not prob dont as stuff on there plate as me or kyn for that matter.

tbh i care care less what any other then a coder has cuz they dont under the work that goes into the code.

with that said i'm taking my kid to the park for the nite.

peace if i get the server online or not take it easy and enjoy life

Amen, enjoy

x

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Actually, I work 7 days a week, in a full time and part time programming job, I maintain personal websites and online shops fully designed by myself and I also live with my partner, so yes, I think I know what having a lot on your plate is like thanks. :)
P.S. Don't know what you are referring to with that hacking stuff, only thing related to hacking I've mentioned is about fubu, and that he is a script kiddy, and yes, I know what that means and I don't like the term hacker as it's overused. Not my fault you don't get what I say, I can't help others ignorance.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
you know what half of you can go *** yourself first off

now i have a lfe and run a company but many of you dont know that.
and my lil girl comes befor any of you sorry to say.

most ppl ben matt shorty or what not prob dont as stuff on there plate as me or kyn for that matter.

tbh i care care less what any other then a coder has cuz they dont under the work that goes into the code.

with that said i'm taking my kid to the park for the nite.

peace if i get the server online or not take it easy and enjoy life
i aint even bein nasty dude, if u think that then your reading it wrong

im merely trying to give a bit of advise of wot id do if i was in ur shoes

and no offense ice.... but if u dont have the time to run a server, dont bloody do it?

dont commit urself to something like a server, then turn around and say oh actually i dont have the time sorry

Advent

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2010
Just announce a full wipe, fix everything, revamp what needed improving and release it... then people will actually enjoy playing, and all these reboots won't need to occur.

Anyone saying they won't return after a full wipe - bollox, they're geeks. They'll do it again.
Ffs, stop making me agree with people.

I say just drag it down, wipe it, iron out your bugs, fix the items so they drop in the caves for your level bracket, and bring it up either in a Test state WITH ANNOUNCED WIPE FROM START, or just go Live.

x

fireboi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2005
scotland,dumfries
tbh forum staff suck i asked if server was down not knowing there was a "server status" on the webpage (which is wrong btw) and my thread got closed without an answer, at the very least he could have answered then closed not been a prick and closed it, then i made a different thread and again closed wtf? new staff on forums tbh

Advent

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2010
Yeah forum staff are retarded. Plus every man and his dog has powers.

Whys Xena need Admin, she does the website?

Whys Smavid need Admin, he does the maps? (Or evidently not lol)

Whos Azura? A Mod from here?

Makes no sense imo...

x

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Why wipe something that isn't broken? lol, from that post all i understand is the new Item DB may or may not work correctly with the characters, hence why there will prob be an item wipe. But why bring a char wipe into it? Clearly theres nothing wrong with characters, we've gained no such "advantage" over any of the bugs, so why "fix" what isn't broken? Kyn didn't mention any problem with the characters themselves

Anyway all of this is irrelavent, at the end of the day it's the Elysian team that hold the final decision, and i don't think any posts we make about what we want or what we think is best for the server is going to influence them otherwise

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Yeah forum staff are retarded. Plus every man and his dog has powers.

Whys Xena need Admin, she does the website?

Whys Smavid need Admin, he does the maps? (Or evidently not lol)

Whos Azura? A Mod from here?

Makes no sense imo...

x
azuras an admin here, that wormed his way to the top, and obviously done the same on elysian 2, lol.

pobs wormed his way into the admin spot, and apparntly into drop files and spawns

smavids meant to make maps, but apparntly they aint getin used

ramboone, the biggest idiot in all of mir, that threatens to dos and hack servers, is a mod, l o l.

its terrible mod/admin choices... icemans too soft, just needs to say no fo

Advent

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2010
Lets face it, it was abit of a false start, wasnt it?

For such an awaited all singing all dancing server, i think it deserves a proper launch.

LOMCN was down the day it was launched, lost starting users for that.

Questions over a wipe put alot of people off starting, and with no wipe, they wont start cause they feel their behind. Which i understand.

Wipe the damn thing, whats 4 days work!? If your one of the higher levels crying about 'Ffs i cba to do that again' so be it, dont do it. Server will gain more users from a PROPER launch than the 4/5 that may quit.

Wipe! Fix! Announce! Launch!

Please.

x

fireboi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2005
scotland,dumfries
azuras an admin here, that wormed his way to the top, and obviously done the same on elysian 2, lol.

pobs wormed his way into the admin spot, and apparntly into drop files and spawns

smavids meant to make maps, but apparntly they aint getin used

ramboone, the biggest idiot in all of mir, that threatens to dos and hack servers, is a mod, l o l.

its terrible mod/admin choices... icemans too soft, just needs to say no fo

Damn Straight

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
Number 1, Ben if you were trying to give out 'friendly' advice, it would be by pm not in full public view, same goes for the rest of the 4H zealots, honestly, you really think we are all that thick? A friend does not lay into a fellow friends project in full view of their players, not unless they have a lovely ulterior motive. Yes I agree that the release was early, and could have been handled better, but I have faith in the team, and they should have had more faith in the users. Should have said 4 weeks beta then a wipe end of. Would have stopped all this.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

For such an awaited all singing all dancing server, i think it deserves a proper launch.

Questions over a wipe put alot of people off starting, and with no wipe, they wont start cause they feel their behind. Which i understand.

Wipe the damn thing, whats 4 days work!? If your one of the higher levels crying about 'Ffs i cba to do that again' so be it, dont do it. Server will gain more users from a PROPER launch than the 4/5 that may quit.

Please.

x
Agree, personally I'd spend a little time fixing the server up, get a few users/friends to help test.

Announce a date of launch, and give it a proper go from there.

weapon

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 21, 2007
and no offense ice.... but if u dont have the time to run a server, dont bloody do it?

dont commit urself to something like a server, then turn around and say oh actually i dont have the time sorry

I totaly agree with this statement having run a server for a number of years successfully i may add
I know how hard it is sometime to find the time,
what with dealing with children, trying to fix errors, implanting new items, weapons, clothes, quests
not to mention trying to invent new events so as not to repeat what you did last year at that time, and then theres real life problems, jobs, chores, holidays and illnesses
If you don't have the time don't try this at home
and deffinatly don't give control to 13 year olds

Hay thats just my experiance

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
I totaly agree with this statement having run a server for a number of years successfully i may add
I know how hard it is sometime to find the time,
what with dealing with children, trying to fix errors, implanting new items, weapons, clothes, quests
not to mention trying to invent new events so as not to repeat what you did last year at that time, and then theres real life problems, jobs, chores, holidays and illnesses
If you don't have the time don't try this at home
and deffinatly don't give control to 13 year olds

Hay thats just my experiance

jesus christ, we'll have jeremy kyle on here next :P

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007

Please.

x

/Agreed 10 Stars

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Kyndigs, unless your coding updates require 1week(which is possible i guess.I just dunno wot the problem is) to take place i dont see why the server should be down for a week or wotever.

The game isnt that bad as ppl say and there is a usercount of 50ish ppl that actually enjoy it.At least till lvl60-65.Dunno wot happens on next lvls since im lvl62.

Ye the game could do with some tweaks,with adding some items,with making some other items less rare etc but that sort of tweaks deffo dont make server unplayable and require neither wipe nor it being down for a week.I mean if you gonna wipe the server or put it down for a week each time you gonna add couple items or alter some dropfiles then meh...

Ben does know wot he is speaking about but when his server had issues he didnt wipe the server.He just tweaked/fixed it.

I wouldnt say no to a wipe as long LOADS of **** were to be added like items caves etc.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
my servers at a very different stage of development then squall.. id never wipe a server when its been up a few months

but when its in beta, and only been up a few days... if u got big problems, wipin is not a big deal

regardless of all the cry babys that say "ffs ill quit" etc... they wont, they will still play.
purely because elysian is the only decent, fresh server online/going online.. they have no where else to go, and if they dont play mir, they will probably die irl

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Kyndigs, unless your coding updates require 1week(which is possible i guess.I just dunno wot the problem is) to take place i dont see why the server should be down for a week or wotever.

kyn has a very busy with micosolf with takes his time.
i would never ask KYn to lose rl for some mir code

Flame

Terminus
Veteran
Loyal Member
Oct 17, 2003
my servers at a very different stage of development then squall.. id never wipe a server when its been up a few months

but when its in beta, and only been up a few days... if u got big problems, wipin is not a big deal

regardless of all the cry babys that say "ffs ill quit" etc... they wont, they will still play.
purely because elysian is the only decent, fresh server online/going online.. they have no where else to go, and if they dont play mir, they will probably die irl

Lmao agreed.

Just wipe the server fix all the crap you wanna fix add more than 1/4 of the content that the team said was currently in the game.. make it atleast 3/4's of the content before release.

Whole of Beta was quite a good test to be fair things got found bugs got fixed i think the thing that really pissed people off was the inconsistency of the downtime and updates being given, for e.g ... Ice was saying reboot for fixes will take 30 mins... atleast 10-11 hours later we havent had a proper update and servers still down.. and then all of a sudden we get an update off a normal forum member on Elysian informing us of this post which i find ridiculous! as alota other people will.

As someone said above Ice if you think you have no time to do the server simply dont do it, else stick in what time you do have and keep people updated every couple of days or so (if the server isnt released) and if you're fixing something while the games live pop on Elysian forum every hour or so (just as an example depending on the fix) and simply say.. things going good i would say another hour or so will do it as an estimate. Your server running is fine its the lack of communication from any of the team on the forums that was really pissing people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.