EU Referendum. Have you decided ?

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
@Sawell, The Referendum has come and gone, The majority of people have spoken whether you think its the right decision or not. The peoples of the UK now have to come together and make our country greater than it once was. You can throw your dummy out your pram all you want nothing is going to change the outcome.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
@Sawell, The Referendum has come and gone, The majority of people have spoken whether you think its the right decision or not. The peoples of the UK now have to come together and make our country greater than it once was. You can throw your dummy out your pram all you want nothing is going to change the outcome.

Thank god you cleared that up mate hopefully you're running for PM?

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
this was a shambles of a scenario. the stuff both sides would come out with was just a joke. how can any normal person decide who to vote for on them arguments? it was like watching kids fight over the football if you watched any of them debates. this was not a time for debates it was a time for - this is what we get, this is what we lose.

i think this was the type of vote you shouldnt have voted for if you didnt know what was going on. using your vote regardless of not knowing anything about it in this situation is more harmful than not using it.

---------- Post Merged at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:47 AM ----------

you know whats pissed me off, laming old people for the leave vote?? There vote is worth the same as anyone else's some of these people are the ones who saved are ass from speaking german right now how a bit of ****ing respect ye
you realise someone would need to be nearly 100 years old to have fought in WWII?

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
the stuff both sides would come out with was just a joke. how can any normal person decide who to vote for on them arguments?

But you could say the same in any general election, not just referendum. And the regular four year elections are actually just as important as any referendum in their impact on the country, on individual pple's lives, and often if not always the arguments on which pple have to decide how to vote are even more of a joke.

In all regular elections you typically (nowadays) cast vote if the country should pursue left or right ideological political course or else which course it should keep for the next four years, all weighty decisions and I don't have to tell you how informed voters typically are.

Voting (referendum or general political elections) is age restricted, same as accountability under law. And same as you can't say 'I didn't know the law', you can't say I didn't know what I voted for. That's why we have the restriction that only adults (generally over 18yrs) can vote, whether in general elections or a referendum, and the vote is binding even if many folks are like children, physically adults but with minds of children.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
The last election was in 2014, I forget the month. The entire parliament is elected and a president is elected from that parliament. Pretty common knowledge I thought?

The European parliment was elected you are correct. However the European comissioners are not if i recall correctly. There are 3 main groups running the EU. Parliment, Commissioners, & Council. Without reading too much and making my moronic head hurt, i think only 2/3 of them are democratic voting.

anto

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Feb 18, 2005
I researched a lot, and I voted to remain even though it was a hard decision to choose either way.
We've now left because the majority voted out. We live in a democratic country where the people decide and we should all be thankful for that, which is why the PM resigning the day after really pissed me off. I can't stand David Cameron, I think he's a **** but he should have had a plan in place had the result turned out this way instead of being a ****ing coward and resigning.
Anyway, something that's pissing me off is the remainers who claim all the leavers are either racist, ignorant or idiotic. Yes I know for a fact a hell of a lot people voted out because racism and ignorance but that doesn't account for all of them 17 million people that did vote out.
With that being said, out of them 17 million leavers let's say only a million did proper research and came to the conclusion that the best option was to leave. To say they're morons for coming to that conclusion is ****ing ignorant, I'm pretty certain a hell of a lot of people who voted out were smarter than me, anyone in this thread and most people that keep saying they're all fools and idiots. But yes that could be said for both sides, my point is to say someone's moronic for choosing what they think will benefit the country the most is completely unjustified.
That's my thoughts anyway, I'm not going to debate whether it's good or bad, nobody can say with 100% certainty that were ****ed or we've done the right thing in leaving, we can only hope for the best.

Last edited:

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I researched a lot, and I voted to remain even though it was a hard decision to choose either way.
We've now left because the majority voted out. We live in a democratic country where the people decide and we should all be thankful for that, which is why the PM resigning the day after really pissed me off. I can't stand David Cameron, I think he's a **** but he should have had a plan in place had the result turned out this way instead of being a ****ing coward and resigning.
Anyway, something that's pissing me off is the remainers who claim all the leavers are either racist, ignorant or idiotic. Yes I know for a fact a hell of a lot people voted out because racism and ignorance but that doesn't account for all of them 17 million people that did vote out.
With that being said, out of them 17 million leavers let's say only a million did proper research and came to the conclusion that the best option was to leave. To say they're morons for coming to that conclusion is ****ing ignorant, I'm pretty certain a hell of a lot of people who voted out were smarter than me, anyone in this thread and most people that keep saying they're all fools and idiots. But yes that could be said for both sides, my point is to say someone's moronic for choosing what they think will benefit the country the most is completely unjustified.
That's my thoughts anyway, I'm not going to debate whether it's good or bad, nobody can say with 100% certainty that were ****ed or we've done the right thing in leaving, we can only hope for the best.
Cameron said he'd stay no matter the result during the campaign yet resigns after losing, funny old world where politicians go back on their word, but it only happens on the leave side according to some on here..

But well said (Y)

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

13439105_1073022419509685_4665452119177279290_n.jpg

Last edited:

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
The 'secret' meetings that everyone knew about and protested, you mean? The ones green peace knew about months before and stood outside the doorstep? Yeah, mega secret. It really baffles me how you think a government could get away with doing something that dismantles the NHS without the people knowing. Do you know what makes up a government? I guess in your world it's a bunch of evil people conspiring against the people. Best just to leave the EU eh. My arse feels a bit itchy at the moment, might just cut off my entire lower body to make sure that doesn't escalate.

The UK's budget gets SENT to the EU for ADVISORY measures to make sure we are not putting ourselves in grave deficit. Do you not think that's a sensible measure? Or would you be happy with France getting themselves in a **** load of debt whilst still members of the EU? Yeah, stinks of common sense doesn't it?

The last election was in 2014, I forget the month. The entire parliament is elected and a president is elected from that parliament. Pretty common knowledge I thought?

Now, to all those 3 points, which you so strongly tried to argue. Why did you not even check the facts yourself before arguing these them? Wtf? Why are you so blindly listening to misinformation and not even fact checking anything and then getting personally offended and salty by someone coming in and fact checking you? Is this about you being right or is this about the future of our nation? Just think about that for a second. I'm entitled to be pissed off, I cast my vote and my countrymen were brainwashed with a series of lies and emotional manipulation. I've spent this entire election trying to help people understand the facts. I managed to convince some of the most racist and xenophobic people I know to vote remain, which is a huge task, but the damage was done to the nation so early on it was always an uphill struggle to educate people.

If I could I would move to the other side of the earth, but I have a wife and daughter and I want them to be close to their family. Hence my frustration with having to be stuck here whilst we circle the toilet together.

I'm glad I've rustled a few jimmies in here. Glad to have had some support from fellow remainers too, and funny to see it almost a 50/50 split. Don't take it too personally, I'm just having a vent. But people spouting bullshit does piss me off, because there are eligible voters here who have probably been swayed by some of that BS so why the **** shouldn't I have a little tantrum about it? It's a big deal, probably the biggest of our generation. Get passionate about it, get angry, get livid, get emotional. As long as you're having a say. You're even entitled to be morons, but I'm also entitled to complain about that.

(p.s. had a good lol at the inferior intellect comment, proper jabby, good on you, felt like I was back in forum flames circa 2004 when we were kids. Great bants. Nostalgic.)

cum

Your talking ****.

The EU commission are appointed, not elected. Yeah the president is elected (not by us, but by politicians) but he doesn't make all the decisions himself, and in a bloc of 28 countries the UK only has the same vote as everyone else. If we don't want something to pass everyone has to agree with us, or it just passes anyway. The UK has veto'ed/rejected around 70-80 laws as it was harmful to British business, however we were over-ruled every time.

The EU was originally a free market which is great. However over the last 30 years they have slowly and surely started taking over and expanding their influence.

No-one is saying that in its current state it was a full dictatorship over everything, however with the way they have been going give it 10-15 years and it would be.

At the moment if our politicians do something we disagree with we can force them to change it/oust them. How are you meant to apply pressure on someone who is not elected..... and if 27 of the other countries agree with him and its only us who disagree? The proof of this is in he referendum if we hadn't of had it now in 10 years the EU would of found a law to block it and by that point we would be ****ed as the British military would of been the EU Military, loyal to the EU not the UK. They are all ready talking about the need for their own Military.

You voted to sign away democracy and your control over who rules you. There is no way you can argue we had the same control as we would if we was an independent democracy. You have literally been duped into voting for a future were England becomes part of the EU Super state as that is exactly were it was heading, to say it wasn't is very naive. It may not be in your life time but eventually it would of become a super state.

In a system like that you would pretty much loose your voice as we have a population of what 60-70million? the whole EU is around 742million? to change anything would be the equivalent of the east midlands trying to influence Westminster on its own, it just wouldn't work.

Why would we hand over 1500 years of culture, history and not to mentions the wars we have fought internally for the right to a democracy and you just want to hand that over to Europe and trust in them and hope for the best?

I'm ashamed to be British after that result. And I'm ashamed that so many here, who I would otherwise think were smart, critically-thinking individuals clearly voted with their hearts and not their heads. And it's important to note, one is for thinking and the other is just a ****ing pump.

Shame on you, shame on England. We've lived in the most peaceful time of human history, and it's all thanks to unity and togetherness. What England did and what America did by allowing Trump to gain the traction he did is basically admit that segregation beats unity. We're supposed to be a world leader, and with that leadership we told the world that we're a bunch of racist xenophobic cavemen. Name me a single time in human history where segregation lead anywhere good? Because I can tell you a ****ing lot of times it lead to war and destruction.

FQtGGKV.jpg

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
It doesnt matter anyway.

Your vote doesn't matter, they wont let the plebs decide something as important as this.

At the moment if our politicians do something we disagree with we can force them to change it/oust them. How are you meant to apply pressure on someone who is not elected..... and if 27 of the other countries agree with him and its only us who disagree? The proof of this is in he referendum if we hadn't of had it now in 10 years the EU would of found a law to block it and by that point we would be ****ed as the British military would of been the EU Military, loyal to the EU not the UK. They are all ready talking about the need for their own Military.

You voted to sign away democracy and your control over who rules you. There is no way you can argue we had the same control as we would if we was an independent democracy. You have literally been duped into voting for a future were England becomes part of the EU Super state as that is exactly were it was heading, to say it wasn't is very naive. It may not be in your life time but eventually it would of become a super state.

In a system like that you would pretty much loose your voice as we have a population of what 60-70million? the whole EU is around 742million? to change anything would be the equivalent of the east midlands trying to influence Westminster on its own, it just wouldn't work.

Why would we hand over 1500 years of culture, history and not to mentions the wars we have fought internally for the right to a democracy and you just want to hand that over to Europe and trust in them and hope for the best?

Aren't you being a little hypocritical? Your view before the vote results came through is very much that of someone who assumes we have no control over anything and we're all pawns but go on to say we have the control to remove people we disagree with.

So which is it? Should we not place our trust in the people tasked with running this country or should we not place our trust in the EU?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

It's quite sad that nobody from the leave campaign had any sort of concrete plan of what to do when if we chose to leave. Even they didn't expect us to actually leave. That's what pisses me off the most. Just treated as political career gain for those involved.

Either way, the little guy (I.E us) usually ends up getting ****ed over no matter what happens whether we stay or whether we leave. Here's to a few more years of a good ****ing. :very_drunk:

Last edited:

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Aren't you being a little hypocritical? Your view before the vote results came through is very much that of someone who assumes we have no control over anything and we're all pawns but go on to say we have the control to remove people we disagree with.

So which is it? Should we not place our trust in the people tasked with running this country or should we not place our trust in the EU?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

It's quite sad that nobody from the leave campaign had any sort of concrete plan of what to do when if we chose to leave. Even they didn't expect us to actually leave. That's what pisses me off the most. Just treated as political career gain for those involved.

Either way, the little guy (I.E us) usually ends up getting ****ed over no matter what happens whether we stay or whether we leave. Here's to a few more years of a good ****ing. :very_drunk:

I did not see this coming.....

I guess thats my faith in the system restored ha.

You shouldn't trust any of them, hence why it should be a system were if you really wanted to you can replace them. It would be alot more difficult to replace an EU commissioner/President than it would be an UK MP/Cabinet member. However this vote has restored some of my faith in how it all works, ever since the expense scandal I have not trusted any of them.

Still do not trust them 100%, their all taking dodgey back handers for one thing or another, fiddling their expenses and awarding contracts to their pals....

Its funny how everyone is going mad over the Leave vote, protesting in street ect, yet when politicians stole millions from us in fiddled expenses no-one did anything a few people grumbled, and a few MP's resigned and 3 more went to prisons. Personally i was expecting riots and life sentences, if stealing from the tax payers is not classed as treason, then i don't know what is.

In the middle of a recession and financial hardship they stole from us and then tried so hard to cover it up. Then voted in favor a nice pay rise for themselves just after. Kind of sums them all up doesn't it...............

These are the same people the remainers believe when they say we are better off in Europe, better of for who, them, or us? Why would anyone believe a word that they say?

You cant blame people for having no faith in the system really and anyone who takes what they say as even 80-90% truthful is a total idiot.

I think a lot of people who voted leave didn't do it because their racist, or xenophobic they did it because they do not trust the people in charge, they did not believe the scaremongering and quite frankly 90% of them had nothing so their two options were -
"continue as we are now and have nothing"
"change, and maybe in a few years we will have something ?"

A recession is not going to effect you if you have nothing anyway, so why should they care?

But your right, your dammed if you do, and your dammed if you dont, the trick is to vote for the lesser of two evils, or an evil you have more control over.

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I think a lot of people who voted leave didn't do it because their racist, or xenophobic they did it because they do not trust the people in charge, they did not believe the scaremongering and quite frankly 90% of them had nothing so their two options were -
"continue as we are now and have nothing"
"change, and maybe in a few years we will have something ?"

"They" will never trust the people in charge. To these people it will always be "us and them".

Can you elaborate on your repeated use of "have nothing"? Are all leave voters homeless or something what did I miss

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
"They" will never trust the people in charge. To these people it will always be "us and them".

Can you elaborate on your repeated use of "have nothing"? Are all leave voters homeless or something what did I miss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcXf1Fz5Fw4

This guy hits the nail on the head. Personally i think he is hilarious.

Also, to say you have to be homeless to have nothing is a bit of an exaggeration. If you rent, and have more debt than your assets you don't have anything.

I was very on the fence through most of this and unlike most people understand both sides and up until the last 2-3 weeks was a remain supporter. What tipped me was what i mentioned above regarding the EU eventually is going to become a super state, 1 nationality, 1 currency, 1 parliment, 1 Army, 1 economy.

I am probably one of the only Leave voters who understands the next 3-5 years are going to be ****, but personally I think it was worth it. I'd rather have a parliament that is sovereign to the country I live in than one that has to ask permission from 27 other countries before it does something, no country or bloc of countries should have that much control over us.

If leaving was really going to be so bad, they wouldn't of given us the option in my opinion.

Last edited: