EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i need some opinions.....

certain items are globally notified if a boss is killed and it drops.. lets say i kill an EC and it drops a DSS the server tells everyone whos on that i got a DSS from an EC.

now i have this in place and its staying, lets say i gem ir or it gains added stats and then i break it...
1578674308546.png

but i do have this in place.... by brother thinks its very harsh... what are your thoughts?

1578674356893.png

would appreciate honest opinions :)

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
i need some opinions.....

certain items are globally notified if a boss is killed and it drops.. lets say i kill an EC and it drops a DSS the server tells everyone whos on that i got a DSS from an EC.

now i have this in place and its staying, lets say i gem ir or it gains added stats and then i break it...
View attachment 22229

but i do have this in place.... by brother thinks its very harsh... what are your thoughts?

View attachment 22230

would appreciate honest opinions :)
So the notification that its dropped is fine but letting the whole server know that its upped or broke is kinda harsh imo as is telling everyone what dropped on death but im kinda conflicted with that one.

I get how it can promote some what could be amazing fights but i can see people crying like bitches if there lets say carebares and die n drop n dont want to fight and just lose there best item

Reactions: Belle

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I think the broke one is just funny, it'll give guilds banter.

The drop on death i think will cause you way too many headaches from peoples moaning

Reactions: Sanjian

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Yeah not a fan of the death drop shout.
At least give the player who just died some hope of running back and retrieving their item.

Had many of fun over the years of racing back to where I dead hoping and praying no one got there before me.
Sometimes resulted in joy... Sometimes not so lucky.

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
I think the broke one is just funny, it'll give guilds banter.

The drop on death i think will cause you way too many headaches from peoples moaning
Prim has the death drop shout but not what map like sanj had that is the harshest bit 😂😂

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Those server wide messages cover the game view and mouse doesn't click through them if I recall correctly. Can mess up your game if you are very busy with something.

The way you advertise the drop, including location, is a kick in teeth. Would be OK only on a server advertised as a PvP kind.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
No i dont have the skill that @Chalace has when it comes to map making, i use whats available, i spend hours scanning clients (mir2/mir3) looking for maps that suit my needs lol

Although this time round its fairly easy as the maps are pretty easy to find...

The one thing i do do tho, is i edit the maps and add my own lights, ive got a pretty sexy WT set of maps that i found in a .pak version of mir somewhere, but it had no lights, so i just edited it and then i use that. except the KR which had lights but i didnt like them, so i deleted them and added my own.

i also edit them to have fishing attributes if i need them.

The doors have blue lights on them that is subtle but makes them stand out, andf the stairs going down have a brighter yellow light again just to stand out from the torches

View attachment 22217

View attachment 22218

View attachment 22219

I was going to post about another little feature i added which is just a message about changing maps that i thought would be pretty cool.

View attachment 22220

View attachment 22222

View attachment 22221
Post automatically merged:

i would love too, but lets see how it pans out in the beginning, if i get too many people just irritating me then i will lol :)

On entering a location does that “new map banner“ stop u clicking a potential door Jump PKer?

If so it’s gonna be annoying even tho it looks nice, maybe put it at top of screen?

Also the announcements etc, maybe just put them all as different coloured chat in the chat bar?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
On entering a location does that “new map banner“ stop u clicking a potential door Jump PKer?

If so it’s gonna be annoying even tho it looks nice, maybe put it at top of screen?

Also the announcements etc, maybe just put them all as different coloured chat in the chat bar?

the entering a new map can be clicked through, you cant interact with it so you can click anything behind it, it also only lasts for 2 seconds now

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
the entering a new map can be clicked through, you cant interact with it so you can click anything behind it, it also only lasts for 2 seconds now

Do a inGame option tick to display or not the map texts and such.
Keep up man, fantastic work!

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Its only that I played a server, not sure which one, where you had quite frequent announcements like 'xxx boss spawned', 'xxx boss was killed', 'lord spawned in province', even 'bozo xyz just made level 40' etc. and when running around, if your mouse happened to glide over that message, it stopped you, same as if you pull your mouse over mir GUI element. Happened to me quite a few times when running about trying to make a big lure or running in cave somewhere and evading mobs.
Not that big deal, just something to be aware of.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
If the server is as good as it looks you will find plenty of people willing to pay £3 a month for it, wouldn't listen to the cheap ****ers that think servers are free to run

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
instantly put off by pay 2 play in all honesty, its a 20 odd year old game, WoW subscription isnt much more, if it has a user count like euro did then maybe yes people will pay for it, but mir is far too dead imo now to start charging for it, also theres alot of servers due out or out that dont charge to play, the files and the work done does look good though, if it wasnt for pay to play then i'd have tried, good luck with your server

WoW is old as *** too, what's ur point?

You actually think WoW is a modern game? this related to trump derangement syndrome?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Its only that I played a server, not sure which one, where you had quite frequent announcements like 'xxx boss spawned', 'xxx boss was killed', 'lord spawned in province', even 'bozo xyz just made level 40' etc. and when running around, if your mouse happened to glide over that message, it stopped you, same as if you pull your mouse over mir GUI element. Happened to me quite a few times when running about trying to make a big lure or running in cave somewhere and evading mobs.
Not that big deal, just something to be aware of.

all the onscreen messages are set to NotControl = true; meaning they cant be interacted with, they dont interrup[t running or affect clicking anything behind them.

on another not ive now added the option to turn the map change notification on and off, its not somethign i was going to do but enouygh people have mentioned it.

also added hints to the options boxes to better explain their functions.
1578737904335.png
1578737923211.png
1578737939077.png

getting some things in place ready for the time of day events... i started with a game of NightTime/DayTime

1578740086182.png

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
all the onscreen messages are set to NotControl = true; meaning they cant be interacted with, they dont interrup[t running or affect clicking anything behind them.

on another not ive now added the option to turn the map change notification on and off, its not somethign i was going to do but enouygh people have mentioned it.

also added hints to the options boxes to better explain their functions.
View attachment 22232
View attachment 22233
View attachment 22234

getting some things in place ready for the time of day events... i started with a game of NightTime/DayTime

View attachment 22235

Well done for giving ppl the option...id say anyone running towards boss rooms etc would prob turn it off just incase someone is standing behind the banner on door entry..could be a case of life or death situation 👍🏻 good work

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
I really like the shouts if they don't interfere with clicking.

just a few injects:
- Do you have shouts for boss spawns? if so make them inside that cave/dungeon only so we don't have top guilds hanging around the safezones darting around with easy information
- You can keep the shout drops from player death or mob/boss death but don't give information or names, if you have refining that can be shouted with player info though.
Examples :
Weapon from boss/mob (red background) : 'Dragon Slayer' has been obtained from a terrifying encounter
Legendary Weapon from boss (yellow background or better picture) : 'BladesofHades' has been miracously obtained from the corpse of great evil!
Accessory from boss/mob : The great artifact 'DualTitan' has been discovered
Legendary accessory from boss (better pic/background) : From Myth to legend, the artifact 'Odin's Bracelet' has been unleashed onto the world.
Player death drop on legendary : " ' xxxxx' seeks its master!"

Could not agree more plus a subscription will keep the trash kids away

I was born at night but I wasn't born playing fornite! ;D
Honestly, they happily pay for skins but not for a month of good play!

Last edited:

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
I really like the shouts if they don't interfere with clicking.

just a few injects:
- Do you have shouts for boss spawns? if so make them inside that cave/dungeon only so we don't have top guilds hanging around the safezones darting around with easy information
- You can keep the shout drops from player death or mob/boss death but don't give information or names, if you have refining that can be shouted with player info though.
Examples :
Weapon from boss/mob (red background) : The 'Dragon Slayer' has been obtained from a terrifying encounter
Legendary Weapon from boss (yellow background or better picture) : 'BladesofHades' has been miracously obtained from the corpse of great evil!
Accessory from boss/mob : The great artifact 'DualTitan' has been discovered
Legendary accessory from boss (better pic/background) : From Myth to legend, the artifact 'Odin's Bracelet' has been unleashed onto the world.
That Sounds much better than, “xx has dropped xx”

just the little things like that is nice to see

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Lol sub model will kill any server, regardless of what the select few think of it.

There any rough ETA for this yet? It's looking really interesting.

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Lol sub model will kill any server, regardless of what the select few think of it.

There any rough ETA for this yet? It's looking really interesting.

I dont see how lol
suley anyone can afford £3 a month if they wanted to play a server that has clearly had a lot of passion and thought put into it? I would much rather pay a sub than have a gameshop full of exp pots abd what not server owners have to fund it somehow imo subscriptions is the lesser of two evils.

Reactions: jaffar99
Status
Not open for further replies.