EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
im currently looking at applying a 2xsai effect to the pixels, its something i saw valk do, not sure if im going to be able to get it to work but it reminds me of playing snes emulators and the filter effects used to render the frames was awesome....
Post automatically merged:

Hassle vs Outcome its not worth it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: zedina and Hercules

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
im currently looking at applying a 2xsai effect to the pixels, its something i saw valk do, not sure if im going to be able to get it to work but it reminds me of playing snes emulators and the filter effects used to render the frames was awesome....

Valk used ESRGAN,
However the process you will use, it will only increase game size considerable.

Reactions: Sanjian

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
yeah over doubles the lib size turning a 6.gig client into 12 gig, i dont think its viable

As i told to Valk, it will make it more harder for the chinese/korean players to download it.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Why is a 12gb client a problem in 2020? Does this have a performance impact on the game?

No Performance issue, just makes everything look cleaner. Just a hell of a lot of work for the reward i think is the problem here.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
IF anyone complains about size of clients, go download the newest Call of Duty...

It depends on the difference it makes, to if its worth it i suppose :)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Someone made a comparison from Chron Vs Valk side by side in same map, just loooks way cleaner tiles and more cartoony, i like it a lot personally but it must be a long ass process.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
the process of manually converting each individual image (got to be over a million) is a very long process, i can batch convert them.

they maye be a way of implementing it directly into c# i mean snes emulators do it effortlessly with little fps impact, but my coding is not that good. and with mir they load single images to create an effect of animation.. where as snes games do not.. so i dont know.

i did a comparission of the sin skills, i wasnt using ERSGAN, it took over an hour to convert them, to end product i didnt notice much difference tbh. then again im using higher quality magic spell images and not the old style magics.

i do want to try and convert the objects and tiles to see how big an impact it is on environment. something i may do over the weekend.

with file size. it turned an 11mb sin magic file into a 23mb file. more than double.

and with regards to sizes of game, no it doesnt matter really in todays storage capacities...

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
just be aware you will need to re write your lib format due to massive increase on size and client having to load a lot more information.

FPS will take a big impact and thats will just me and mobs on screen

also in process of getting my client upgraded to using SlimDX(same one zircon uses) instead of the old MDX crystal currently uses to help with it more.

Last edited:
Reactions: zedina

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
the process of manually converting each individual image (got to be over a million) is a very long process, i can batch convert them.

they maye be a way of implementing it directly into c# i mean snes emulators do it effortlessly with little fps impact, but my coding is not that good. and with mir they load single images to create an effect of animation.. where as snes games do not.. so i dont know.

i did a comparission of the sin skills, i wasnt using ERSGAN, it took over an hour to convert them, to end product i didnt notice much difference tbh. then again im using higher quality magic spell images and not the old style magics.

i do want to try and convert the objects and tiles to see how big an impact it is on environment. something i may do over the weekend.

with file size. it turned an 11mb sin magic file into a 23mb file. more than double.

and with regards to sizes of game, no it doesnt matter really in todays storage capacities...

I suggest to attempt first on map ones, will definatelly the ones who wont take a great size increasement.

Humeffects, magic, mon effects will be the ones who will increase exponentially.

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
yes but your using slimdx?

also zircon engine is cleaner than crystal

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
yes but your using slimdx?

its not only SlimDX, DJ rebuilt library 3 times since we took zircon source.
also the library size storage didnt increased huge, maybe +5~20%.

also zircon engine is cleaner than crystal

zircon library its effective on load/storage, if you choke it with resized images and increased surface quality, it will go x10 in size.

Reactions: LOMValkyrie

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
The default crystal source has so much bloat no one uses anyway but no one cleans out.

Was working on what would be needed for a 3h client (and removing any unnecessary GUI stuff) and managed to half the size of the client without really trying.
Obviously if you use 4/5 classes more images etc are needed.
But a lot of servers (including my own) just leave everything in the client, rather than what is just required! haha

• Wow
Reactions: zedina and Sanjian

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
IF anyone complains about size of clients, go download the newest Call of Duty...

Tekken 7 is 80gb (special thanks to that pointless game FF15 and Noctis).

I honestly can't wait; I am happy with the servers that are coming out this year as it seems more people are giving a damn about the product they release.
However this is the one I am waiting for, Archer come at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archer's will be fun for you on here?

To me a lot of things about this server are sticking to much to the original concepts, when everyone is of an established lvl PvP looks to be extremely simple and the highest lvlers (best no lifers) will always win fights, 1 big guild will form and that will be it.
Someone said a lot of love has been put into this, trust me, Sanjian does not love Taoist, I'm an expert on this matter and you're going to have to trust me 💪

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
There’s some really easy to follow step by step guides on the web to use ERSGAN and what to download in order to convert your files ready then convert back.

I’d rather just keep as is tho as Valks already done it and he can take the glory lol, unless the Crystal Files were already set as done I’d keep them the way they are for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.