EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
never played soma, looked aweful >.<

Characters looked bad but rest was nearly on par with MIR2.
Music was great too such as thousand year town, was the music GN used on the TV show.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Because i wanted to use the book pages system from mir3 i also wanted a way for players to still be able to get books to 100% chance.

So ive added a kind of crafting system that will repair pages of your books.

the simple version is that you use 5 copies of the same book to make 1 book with a success chance of the combines 5 books used.

the details of it are that when combinging books each book can lose upto 15% of its chance when added to the "pool".

below is a video of it in action, it needs a small amount of refining but im really happy with how it worked out.

the client side visual % chance is just a guide as the actual calculations are done server side so they wont match. like they dont in the video below.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
spent the last few days overhauling the quest gui and getting some more icons in place to use for the professions quests that players will be able to undertake.

also adding in the ability to reward gamegold for quests (this is actually already coded in but the lines from the script arnt added by default which i altered)

short vid just to show what it looks like.

only thing to note is the GREEN Exclamation is not a general quest its a Storyline Quest, so ignore the npcs dialog on the green exclamationmark.

some things to remember

Green = Storyline
Blue = Daily
Yellow = Repeatable

Speechbubbles are profession quests icon is dependant of profession. there are no general quests, all quests are story based. profession based or daily/repeatable.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Day/Night Cycle and its effects on mobs.

I wanted the Day/Night Cycle to be more than just an adjustment of lights.

Currently my thought process is making them harder at certain times aswell as triggering other events that happen server wide.

In the video below i use a GiantWorm DC 20-30 against a level 1 player with an AC 0-0 during the Daylight hours the monsters use default DC so during the day it will never hit me over 30. The time is also sped up for the purpose of testing. you can always check the time by the icon next to the minimap.

but during the Dawn/Evening and Night it becomes stronger. i wont go into too much detail as thats for you to figure out but at night mobs are roughly 25% stronger (night time is the hardest difficulty but also comes with better rewards)

because they are about 25% stronger they also have 25% better drop chances and are worth 25% more exp (estimated).

Because this affects the server it will also apply to dungeons aswell, its not based on light settings in the client so its controlled server side.

Pandit

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2013
@Tai im trying to edit the main advert but it too long, would it be possible to remove the restriction on the main post please?
Post automatically merged:

i wasnt aware of this, but its something i can consider, i thought it all broke ^^
i guess it should break, up untill full set is worn and once you acquire and wear the full set then only one random item breaks upon death. so on and so forth.
very nice work pal. looking forward to try this.

/Panda

Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
im working towards beta in october

beta will be split into phases, each phase designed to test a particular aspect of the server

week 1 professions
week 2 pvp
week 3 bosses
etc etc

if there not tested properly then it will just delay the live launch, i dont have the manpower to test these all seperatly on my own and release the server this year, so if the beta fails to fullfill its criteria then ill just delay the launch till im happy.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
SpiritSet alterations

I have made some changes to the SpiritSet

mainly the protection of all items when the set is complete. The set is very powerful and will take some grinding and some luck to obtain but i dont want the items to never break, because of this ive added it so that when the set is complete and you die (to monsters not from PK [there are some massive changes coming to pk/pvp which i will cover later]) the set will not completely break, instead each item is given a 10% chance to break.

if the set is not complete and you die, you will lose every item tho.

Short Video below just as an example.

Also show is the global shout out when someone dies and loses a very nice item, there is also a shoutout gloabally when someone breaks something very nice via gemming ^^

Since completeing the video i have decided to REMOVE the -1 attack speed from ALL the weapons and ive added the class requirements for each spirit weapon. There are 5 different weapons 1 for each of the 5 classes.

Additionally i coded in AGES ago a global shout out when a player dies and bodydropped something very nice then the server was informed who died, what they dropped and the map they dropped it on, i did have the original coords added but removed it.

I may add this into the game again as i find it evil but at the same time, could be fun to see players rushing to somone elses death drop hoping to get their drop ^^

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
I imagine there will be players in the dungeon, so if you drop something nice, and everyone is given the coords, it'd be like a 100% chance to lose the item. Which would be kinda crappy. Death drops can be nasty enough without everyone being told about it. The mad panic RTing to try get to your drop is frustrating enough without having to race everyone else in the dungeon. It could work on a very small empty server, but on a popular one, you'd just auto lose the item.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I imagine there will be players in the dungeon, so if you drop something nice, and everyone is given the coords, it'd be like a 100% chance to lose the item. Which would be kinda crappy. Death drops can be nasty enough without everyone being told about it. The mad panic RTing to try get to your drop is frustrating enough without having to race everyone else in the dungeon. It could work on a very small empty server, but on a popular one, you'd just auto lose the item.

no one is given the coords just the map name.

Additionally i coded in AGES ago a global shout out when a player dies and bodydropped something very nice then the server was informed who died, what they dropped and the map they dropped it on, i did have the original coords added but removed it.

its a love/hate idea, i would love it if it wasnt me....

im going to keep it in i think, servers supposed to be hard... hard on everyone

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Pets now die on logout/quit and are not saved and then die when logging in.

i will update this post as i do more work today.

Status
Not open for further replies.