Expanding The Forum

Stick with LOM or Expand to other MMORPG's?

• Stick With LOM.

Votes: 33 44.6%
  • Expand The Forum For Other MMOPRG's.

Votes: 41 55.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
if you do add mmo's i hope MU and lineage2 arnt added, they have to b the worst online games ever.
introduce UO, ragnarok, DAOK, if u must.

by doing this you realise that eventually lomcn itself will become a ghost, turning into just another mmorpg forum. private mir is what makes this forum unique, no one has somethin like it. and your getting rid of all that.

tbh id b happy with just an OT section, i come here for the gd community and chat, and sometimes mir3. but for all thos otha ppl who use this just for mir2, you'll destroy this place for them.

Beachy

LOMCN Founder
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
United Kingdom
Farril said:
if you do add mmo's i hope MU and lineage2 arnt added, they have to b the worst online games ever.
introduce UO, ragnarok, DAOK, if u must.

by doing this you realise that eventually lomcn itself will become a ghost, turning into just another mmorpg forum. private mir is what makes this forum unique, no one has somethin like it. and your getting rid of all that.

tbh id b happy with just an OT section, i come here for the gd community and chat, and sometimes mir3. but for all thos otha ppl who use this just for mir2, you'll destroy this place for them.

This will always remain as a mir forum, the only difference is LOMCN will have some other MMORPG sections.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
if you think that mir will stay as bigga part of this forum still then i see no real problem. The problem comes when otha mmorpg's turn out to be more popular, pushing out mir.

Mackem

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 18, 2004
Kent, S.E England
What farril posted b4 it was deleted... sumit like if the other games come more popular than mir and push them out. If it does happen then it would only be a matter of time b4 ppl from mir try dif games and leave alltogether. atleast if its on 1 forum you can keep up whats going on in mir and try other games out that you wouldnt usually come across.

HellsBlade

anyway Beachy will u guys leep the LOMCN as name of the forum? =]

Beachy

LOMCN Founder
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
United Kingdom
Yes we will, but we will have to see whats happens. I personally dont think by adding new MMORPG sections to the forum will make much difference to activity and posts.

Mackem

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 18, 2004
Kent, S.E England
you needa way to advertise it across other gaming forums, msn names and people that do play other games etc. Like advertise that new MMORPG's are being added to the site. If enough people advertise then it shouldnt be that hard.

-Bugzy-

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 31, 2004
Since the person above brought this up I'll say:

I don't think you should just have Private Server stuff here. You could possibly have 2 main sections: MMORPG chat for the official games and the private server section.

To make my plan work you'd need to change the name to attract a different range of people and then when people sign up you give them 2 options (which could be checkboxes) on the register page (1. I do wish to see the Private Servers Section, 2. I do wish to see the MMORPG section).

Also as mentioned above, Babes section is nice, Hosting music etc. could bring lots of hits in and to let people buy parts for guilds in each MMORPG section)

One thing I think you defiantly need to introduce is more help from experts. Guides and the such reel people in, they read the guide, want to learn more and start to post - thats how I found my way to Lomcn in 2003.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
-Bugzy- said:
Since the person above brought this up I'll say:

I don't think you should just have Private Server stuff here. You could possibly have 2 main sections: MMORPG chat for the official games and the private server section.

To make my plan work you'd need to change the name to attract a different range of people and then when people sign up you give them 2 options (which could be checkboxes) on the register page (1. I do wish to see the Private Servers Section, 2. I do wish to see the MMORPG section).

Also as mentioned above, Babes section is nice, Hosting music etc. could bring lots of hits in and to let people buy parts for guilds in each MMORPG section)

One thing I think you defiantly need to introduce is more help from experts. Guides and the such reel people in, they read the guide, want to learn more and start to post - thats how I found my way to Lomcn in 2003.
bla bla bla bla bla

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
I think it should be kept to mir, its always been known for being the legend of mir private mir forum really, no other priv mir forums can compete with it. And you want to take away its status :S turn it into another normal game forum. :err:

but looks like it will end up goin ahead,
i suggest a name like:
Legend Of MMORPG's Community Network or summit along the lines of that, as many ppl
want to keep the original name lomcn, but i dont c how this make a difference if it changes tbh. it wont be as dedicated to mir = it wont b the same forum :(
my opinion..

SkyDragon

.::Mario Ftw::.
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
West-Yorkshire :)
OMG i didnt realise the date but possed posted OLD thread and u still post lol just letit die down now the other MMOPRG's. forums have been madei didnt realise but poss told us -.-

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
SkyDragon said:
OMG i didnt realise the date but possed posted OLD thread and u still post lol just letit die down now the other MMOPRG's. forums have been madei didnt realise but poss told us -.-
rofl same ere :S ok nvm
from what i see just seems to b ppl from lomcn community no 140'000 sum1 said :twitch:

Status
Not open for further replies.