Final Fantasy XIII & XIV

smoochy boys on tour

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Don't know how many of us FF fans are still on this forum but is anyone gonna get these?

XIII comes out on the 9th and XIV is some time at the end of the year.

I'll be gettin 13 but so far 14 is only being made for PS3 and PC, which is both annoying and odd imo.

/tai

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
got 9th and 10th off work for ff13

not sure about 14 its online aint it last was sucked

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
got 9th and 10th off work for ff13

not sure about 14 its online aint it last was sucked

That's dedication lol.

Yeah 14 gonna be an mmorpg i'm pretty excited about that cos i like console mmo's but as I said it's ps3 only :/

I didn't know they'd done an online one before? Was that 12? I never had that.

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
I didn't know they'd done an online one before? Was that 12? I never had that.

Yea XI was an online one, i didn't get it, and i heard bad things from people that did.

Every new FF that comes out i keep telling myself i'm not going to buy it as it's the same thing over and over again, but i end up getting them anyway and always end up playing them non-stop (Bar XII which was just bad).

If XIII is anything like XII it will be awful, and will probably be my last FF, if it's like VII or VIII then i will be glued to my XBox for days on end. I think XIV will be quite good as they learnt all their lessons with XI.

p

Last edited:

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
FF12 was the best in the series since FF8, I don't know what your talking about.

I'm hoping it will be similar to FF12, I'd love another FF7 or 8 but then nobody makes games like that anymore.

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
The battle system in XII was nasty, plus it seemed to me the leveling was all out of sync as well. I found myself having to go through places 4 or 5 times just to be a decent enough level to progress to the next bit of the game.

I might have been going about it wrong tbh though.

p

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I was planning to buy it but by the looks of it they taken it further away from what FF was all about years ago, FFX-II and 11 or 12? they were crap, i didn't feel like i was playing FF at all.

FF7 Great
FF8 Fantastic
FF9.. Never played
FF Dirge Of Cerberus. Crap
FF10 Brilliant
FFX-II. Worst one
FF12. It was okish

I just dislike the the new combat system, i prefer the old skool style :biggrin:, this new one dose have nice Graphics tho.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
ρяєα¢нєя;724503 said:
Yea XI was an online one, i didn't get it, and i heard bad things from people that did.

Every new FF that comes out i keep telling myself i'm not going to buy it as it's the same thing over and over again, but i end up getting them anyway and always end up playing them non-stop (Bar XII which was just bad).

If XIII is anything like XII it will be awful, and will probably be my last FF, if it's like VII or VIII then i will be glued to my XBox for days on end. I think XIV will be quite good as they learnt all their lessons with XI.

p

Oh I meant XI, that's the one I didn't get. I've got XII and it was a let down as you said, just didn't really "feel" it like the others.

VII and VIII were great but I also liked X and X-2.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
FF12 was the best in the series since FF8, I don't know what your talking about.

I'm hoping it will be similar to FF12, I'd love another FF7 or 8 but then nobody makes games like that anymore.

It is nothing at all like 12. I bought the Japanese version. It's basically walk down a corridor, fight some battles and watch some cutscenes for the first 20 hours or so. It expands a bit after that and has Hunts like FF12. Increasing Stats is as linear as the game itself as well.

But it is fun. The battle system is fast and you have to be on your toes swapping jobs etc on the fly in order not to die even on normal battles.

I'll get the English version on Tuesday and play it properly (Didn't clear the japanese version)

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
It is nothing at all like 12. I bought the Japanese version. It's basically walk down a corridor, fight some battles and watch some cutscenes for the first 20 hours or so. It expands a bit after that and has Hunts like FF12. Increasing Stats is as linear as the game itself as well.

But it is fun. The battle system is fast and you have to be on your toes swapping jobs etc on the fly in order not to die even on normal battles.

I'll get the English version on Tuesday and play it properly (Didn't clear the japanese version)

It's all about the cut scenes XD

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Don't know how many of us FF fans are still on this forum but is anyone gonna get these?

XIII comes out on the 9th and XIV is some time at the end of the year.

I'll be gettin 13 but so far 14 is only being made for PS3 and PC, which is both annoying and odd imo.

/tai

14 will probably come out on PS3 for x months before been released on the 360. Unless it's bee nannounced it will deffo be PS3 only.

Depends how much Sony pay the developers of FF.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
14 will probably come out on PS3 for x months before been released on the 360. Unless it's bee nannounced it will deffo be PS3 only.

Depends how much Sony pay the developers of FF.

Do you know if ps3/pc players will be on the same server(s)?

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
It's the type of game that takes ages to complete, ideal for me i can train, come back home and play it for a few hours each day. My type of game i think they are fantastic, especially ff10 that was my favourite.